Old 03-05-2020, 09:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,025 Times in 697 Posts

Yeah it's kind of sad how people have missed out... round here noone touches mids , mostly drivers at 200' holes haha.. Oooh that rim doesn't feel as nice, that's weird.. I like something smoother.. And thinner..

TBH though until DGCR I had no idea either.. Had 50 discs before I got a Comet.. And got better.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 03-06-2020, 06:43 AM

Niced 27 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Yeah it's kind of sad how people have missed out... round here noone touches mids , mostly drivers at 200' holes haha.. Oooh that rim doesn't feel as nice, that's weird.. I like something smoother.. And thinner..

TBH though until DGCR I had no idea either.. Had 50 discs before I got a Comet.. And got better.
So true. The majority of people I end up playing with throw anny flex drivers on every shot that isnt a putt.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:00 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25.4
Courses Played: 136
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,248 Times in 1,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmuth View Post
Im always amazed how many people dont know about comets. Its one of the three types of discs I throw that people always ask wtf is that?
We have a college here and all the time I end up trying to talk the college kids out of selling a Comet/Roc/whatever that they tried for a day and didn't like. It the whole "Be patient, learn how to throw backhand, go back to them in a year and work with them" speech. Left on their own, I think that entire crew of 40 guys would just flick PDs and Destroyers for the rest of their lives.

In a lot of ways I'm glad I leaned to play when there were so few options. I remember not liking deep putters and trying to avoid the Aviar like the plague when I started, but there were so few other options that I ended up sucking it up and learning to throw an Aviar. Now I never notice if a disc feels deep; it's not an issue. Players today have 50 kajillion shallow putters on the market to help they avoid learning to deal with disc with a deep grip, so there are going to be a lot of really great discs that they are never going to try.

I have a friend that I talked into buying an LE Comet back in the day, he tried to sell it to me after a few weeks. When I asked why, he gave me the "I don't know, it feels icky" song and dance. I went Red Forman on him and told him to put his big boy pants on, suck it up and throw the damn Comet. A couple of months later it was his Facebook profile picture when he aced with it.

tl;dr: People need more Red Forman in their lives.

Old 03-06-2020, 12:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 12
Niced 530 Times in 374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
We have a college here and all the time I end up trying to talk the college kids out of selling a Comet/Roc/whatever that they tried for a day and didn't like. It the whole "Be patient, learn how to throw backhand, go back to them in a year and work with them" speech. Left on their own, I think that entire crew of 40 guys would just flick PDs and Destroyers for the rest of their lives.

I have a friend that I talked into buying an LE Comet back in the day, he tried to sell it to me after a few weeks. When I asked why, he gave me the "I don't know, it feels icky" song and dance. I went Red Forman on him and told him to put his big boy pants on, suck it up and throw the damn Comet. A couple of months later it was his Facebook profile picture when he aced with it.

tl;dr: People need more Red Forman in their lives.
As a college kid myself, who quite closely resembles Eric Forman, I couldn't agree more that the world right now needs infinitely more Red everywhere.

Old 03-07-2020, 08:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 74 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmuth View Post
Im always amazed how many people dont know about comets. Its one of the three types of discs I throw that people always ask wtf is that?
How strange. People usually just say, "wtf how did you get all the way over there?" When I throw.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 12
Niced 530 Times in 374 Posts

Threw my beat Elite-X Comet on a downhill hole that is almost a 90 bend to the basket at the bottom of the hill. I ended up 50' or so past the pin and missed the putt.

Old 03-08-2020, 01:53 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 27
Niced 78 Times in 37 Posts

Picked up an X and a 2019 MJ the other day. They bookend my ESP and Big Z perfectly, and now I have a full spectrum of Comet flights.

Played a Comet(s) only round right after buying them, still putting with my P2s for the sake of getting good putting practice in. Tied my personal best score on the course, granted there were no par 4 pin placements in. So glad I finally decided to try this mold out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Old 03-08-2020, 05:18 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 66 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcodyclapp View Post
Picked up an X and a 2019 MJ the other day. They bookend my ESP and Big Z perfectly, and now I have a full spectrum of Comet flights.

Played a Comet(s) only round right after buying them, still putting with my P2s for the sake of getting good putting practice in. Tied my personal best score on the course, granted there were no par 4 pin placements in. So glad I finally decided to try this mold out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
The last new x comet I had was pretty stable (read: finished with fade) for a comet. I have a lot of comets and none ever started "beefy" like that. It was more of a roc ish flight. I gave it to my dad. That being said, I'm sure it'll beat into a nice comet eventually, he hits a lot of trees.

Old 03-08-2020, 06:20 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 101
Niced 233 Times in 109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirepizza View Post
The last new x comet I had was pretty stable (read: finished with fade) for a comet. I have a lot of comets and none ever started "beefy" like that. It was more of a roc ish flight. I gave it to my dad. That being said, I'm sure it'll beat into a nice comet eventually, he hits a lot of trees.

Ive found a lot of the new runs of comets have the high shoulder, a little more dome and some extra stability. Even the new Xs have decent stability...I mean for an X-Comet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-08-2020, 07:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,025 Times in 697 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeHyzer View Post
I’ve found a lot of the new runs of comets have the high shoulder, a little more dome and some extra stability. Even the new X’s have decent stability...I mean for an X-Comet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know I was just flipping open my phone to see what was new in the Comet thread... and I thought:

"Damn I need more Comet's, I don't know why, I don't know which Comet I will throw today... Hey where's that pink 180 Z? Where's my ESP LE red 176 it should be time for that to get back in the bag... hmmm maybe it's " meatball" day. 172 style... maybe go retro with 174 clear Z, or 176 blue, the first and second Comet's I bought"....

.. And just like that you cured me. Thanks!

.. I still am not sure which one to throw, I better take two.