* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,392 Times in 685 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
Normally I want to only watch the best of the best
serious question - does this kill your interest for 1st round feature cards that have lower rated regional pros, or true Am players on them? Or are you like me and just watch every round, no matter who's on the card?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2020, 04:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 871 Times in 459 Posts

I tend towards skipping footage when there are underachievers on the card - even moreso when more than one. Or watch it but not their throws, especially if the others on the card are my favorites.

In other news, saw someone refer to BS as BroDiePie which I thought was pretty clever

Niced: (1)
Old 03-11-2020, 04:47 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 836 Times in 365 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
serious question - does this kill your interest for 1st round feature cards that have lower rated regional pros, or true Am players on them? Or are you like me and just watch every round, no matter who's on the card?

I’m glad it’s not every lead card but I do really enjoy the wildcard player. Local contest winner, junior champ, ultimate bro turned dg’er... Whatever. It adds a whole new perspective to the game. Especially in the first round when it means NOTHING, I say go for it!

Old 03-11-2020, 05:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 108
Niced 639 Times in 299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
I tend to watch all of the "big" tourneys regardless of who's on the cards. However, if it's a smaller tourney of lesser known or unknown players there has to be something that captivates me within the first couple of holes or I don't watch. If I see players making too many throws that look too close to my level of play, I just don't enjoy it very much. In the case of lesser skilled players. the course or camera work/coverage has to be special. Also, if it's single camera footage, the camera operator has to be pretty good. If not, I lose interest quickly, too.

This will probably get me bashed, but... I don't watch college sports because I don't want to watch the games if they're not played at the highest level. It's just not my thing. Of course, one could easily argue that neither the Orioles or Redskins play their games at the highest level either. LOL!

I've watched some regional tourneys that were good without top pros. I think that a couple of the Pittsburgh Flying Disc Open videos kept me interested. But that's not always the case.

Some guys just uploaded a video of the four of them playing a round at a new course I wanted to play. I watched about five minutes and lost interest. They were ~930 on average, about my skill level. But between the ha king through the course, and the hacking through the camera work, I just couldn't take it for long. I appreciate what they did, and hopefully my view showed up for them. But it just wasn't my cup of tea. In lieu of this type of video, I actually prefer single player " course run-through" type options.

And don't get me started about 5 player card coverage. I don't know why, but having that one extra player really bugs me, too. First world problems, right?

Thanks for asking, btw.

Last edited by Jimb; 03-11-2020 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-11-2020, 05:17 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Maniac View Post
I tend towards skipping footage when there are underachievers on the card - even moreso when more than one. Or watch it but not their throws, especially if the others on the card are my favorites.

Pffff... You call that elitist? Please. I don’t watch unless it’s a record breaking round, has #1-4 ranked players in the world, covered by my favorite announcers AND Lloyd Weema has been banned from the premises. My time is just SO valuable and my tastes SO refined that all this “plebe play” causes me physical pain to endure.

;*

Old 03-11-2020, 05:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 104
Niced 388 Times in 180 Posts

I'm just hoping he makes it on lead card for round 2.

Old 03-11-2020, 06:22 PM
Par Member

Niced 103 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
Pffff... You call that elitist? Please. I don’t watch unless it’s a record breaking round, has #1-4 ranked players in the world, covered by my favorite announcers AND Lloyd Weema has been banned from the premises. My time is just SO valuable and my tastes SO refined that all this “plebe play” causes me physical pain to endure.

;*
Hah! I specifically only watch cards utilizing time machines that feature Prime Key, prime Doss, Innova Paul, and either prime Barry or Harp Ricky.

Old 03-11-2020, 07:31 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFlickLuke View Post
Hah! I specifically only watch cards utilizing time machines that feature Prime Key, prime Doss, Innova Paul, and either prime Barry or Harp Ricky.

FOUR CLONES OF CLIMO OR BUST

Old 03-11-2020, 07:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 30.1
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,346 Times in 751 Posts

I lost interest when Steady Ed stopped playing.

Old 03-11-2020, 08:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 194
Niced 831 Times in 528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
Weema! Weema!
No offense to Lloyd, but I don't think I could handle more than a couple holes watching Mr. Weema. On the other hand, I'm very interested to see how Brodie does, though I expect it to be far from pretty.