Old 03-21-2020, 11:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,246 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Personally, I think this is going to get really bad for all of us.
yah, my entire family (including my 2 pregnant daughters, 1 giving birth any day now, the other in 1 month) have accepted the fact that it's no longer a matter of if, but when we get it so we're doing our best to prepare for it.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2020, 01:34 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 36.4
Courses Played: 2
Niced 103 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
I hope we never hear anything about disc golfers in any part of the world causing more problems than was needed.

I really don't expect that to happen, from my little part of the world most are taking things seriously.

But there was one who started a thread on Facebook with "Laid off and quarantined, where should I go this weekend for a good disc golf trip"?
I'm not sure they understand what quarantined means.
Where i am at there is supposed to be no organized events. I cancelled league. Yet we have disc golfers trying to replace league with their own "unorganized' event. Posting on FB etc. I expect this type of behavior will lead to course closures. Just abide by the damn rules or it could have a very negative effect on your ability to keep playing.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 148
Niced 47 Times in 19 Posts

https://parkeddiscgolf.org/2020/03/2...e-coronavirus/

Niced: (1)
Old 03-21-2020, 02:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.2
Courses Played: 95
Niced 1,600 Times in 617 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgolfconvert View Post
Where i am at there is supposed to be no organized events. I cancelled league. Yet we have disc golfers trying to replace league with their own "unorganized' event. Posting on FB etc. I expect this type of behavior will lead to course closures. Just abide by the damn rules or it could have a very negative effect on your ability to keep playing.
Gov here is telling people to get out to the parks just keep the safe distance. Lots of discussion on local FB pages on how to best play and play safe. No putting rounds in small groups are starting to become the norm here which is OK with me. I have confidence in my putting but I play golf mainly because I love throwing discs of all types, so all good.

They can't close the parks down then people will start to go nuts.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:00 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 497 Times in 190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgolfconvert View Post
Have encountered on FB the question of how local authorities are going to enforce closures or who is going to enforce closures.

If we don’t enforce the expectations on ourselves, individually, then more people are more likely to die.

I don’t understand people’s need for policing by others. The science is clear. Do your part and police yourself.

Does that mean don’t play? That’s a personal choice — think exposure risk from baskets is possible but also not super risky. But trying to recreate sanctioned or organized events with a unsanctioned/informal gathering is absolute BS.

I’m kind of captivated by the challenge of not catching the virus. I have tons of privilege to be able to stay inside, so I have. In last nine days, have made three walks to the condo’s garbage/recycling area and went on walk yesterday. That’s it. I’ve got 50+ books I own but have not read.

Old 03-21-2020, 10:43 PM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 14 Times in 10 Posts
Default Very unlikely that everyone gets sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
yah, my entire family (including my 2 pregnant daughters, 1 giving birth any day now, the other in 1 month) have accepted the fact that it's no longer a matter of if, but when we get it so we're doing our best to prepare for it.
Many people will get the virus but many won't. Even the most negative estimates by the medical experts don't suggest that everyone will eventually get hit.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-22-2020, 12:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,028 Times in 700 Posts

Well hear through FB that 30 (sounds like an exaggeration) guys went to a neighboring place for a DG tourney. It was mentioned in a discussion about shutting down ferry service to non essential travel since people can't be trusted. I hear they played "safe" with no hi fives etc but I'm pretty sure gatherings over 50 is banned especially if you don't get your 6 ft.. Definitely not the smartest move.. Though I'd be surprised if more than 5 or 6 guys went.

Old 03-22-2020, 01:07 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 25
Niced 992 Times in 831 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Well hear through FB that 30 (sounds like an exaggeration) guys went to a neighboring place for a DG tourney. It was mentioned in a discussion about shutting down ferry service to non essential travel since people can't be trusted. I hear they played "safe" with no hi fives etc but I'm pretty sure gatherings over 50 is banned especially if you don't get your 6 ft.. Definitely not the smartest move.. Though I'd be surprised if more than 5 or 6 guys went.
And Parliament In Canada is way better then the current Mess of Congress thing in USA, So a mandatory no more then 30 or 50 people depending on the Provence with its Provincial government is probably and actually enforced.

Old 03-22-2020, 08:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,028 Times in 700 Posts

Well I will say Parliament and Government does seem a little more united since we only have 12 (? Haha I think) provinces... but relying on Canadian "goodness" to stay home isn't entirely working. We are being just as stupid as everyone else. We are heading for a lockdown, fines can be imposed and they are discussing "Marshall law" for Alberta. Too many people not taking it seriously, everywhere.

With the flood of people coming here, still tourists and a bunch of summer folks who aren't here usually until May coming to hide it won't be long until it starts. Especially anyone that has flown and isn't getting how a quarantine works. We are a small community. We know where you got back from, what we don't know is why the f### you are at the Lumberyard saying you are in "self quarantine". I didn't even leave to go Christmas shopping..

It's just frustrating, some of the wealthier people are the most selfish. I need to wrap up any loose ends and get paid. We are still trying to work, each of us separately.. I have a " cool down cart" in the shop, anything fresh off the courier gets handled carefully and left for a couple days. If one of us gets it we are shut down. We've got masks and gloves and bleach sprayers, mostly working outside and on jobs where the homeowners arent home.

If I'm patient zero I want to know I tried, then I hear the guy at the till in beer store has bad bronchitis and blah blah came back from blah blah on a plane and went to a poker tournament and then those guys took a ferry to play a disc tournament the next day... it's irresponsible and unnecessary especially after our tournament in May is cancelled. The Beer store is losing its appeal since its probably where more of the stupid rubby's and regular alcoholics gotta go daily.

Niced: (2)

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 03-22-2020 at 08:58 AM.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:09 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 79 Times in 50 Posts
Default Player Spotlight: Colten Montgomery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDaWoodsDiscN419 View Post
:

Colten now charging $ fo' Free Mustache rides in the shag rug Van.

LOL, Tickless Rick AKA Ticky Ricky should definitely grow a Holistic Molestache.

Ticky Rick's Holistic Mustache Oil coming soon, only $299.99 per 4 ML. bottle.

#Growthesport / #Scareevereyoneawayfromthesport /

#Scarethebajeebusoutofeveryone / #100%CuresCoronavirus
Interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIJarPP7P6I

Colten Montgomery seems like a chill individual, hope he keeps rippin'