Old 03-25-2020, 03:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 233 Times in 109 Posts

This pretty much sum's up my experience with the Invictus.

Domey Invictus =
Flat'ish Invictus =

FYI, the Big Star Stamp vs. production run, not much of a difference in my opinion. The biggest difference in flight is the amount of dome. For me, the Invictus flies a lot like a Champ Monster but with a smidge more glide.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2020, 12:52 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 36
Niced 204 Times in 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeHyzer View Post
This pretty much sum's up my experience with the Invictus.

Domey Invictus =
Flat'ish Invictus =

FYI, the Big Star Stamp vs. production run, not much of a difference in my opinion. The biggest difference in flight is the amount of dome. For me, the Invictus flies a lot like a Champ Monster but with a smidge more glide.
Both of mine are flat-ish. Do the domey ones fly differently?
Old 03-26-2020, 12:54 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 233 Times in 109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drk_evns View Post
Both of mine are flat-ish. Do the domey ones fly differently?
Yes. They're still overstable, but have a little different flight to them. Think of it like comparing a FAF Firebird vs. the domier firebirds in terms of stability difference.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:31 PM

Niced 21 Times in 14 Posts

After having a greater chance to throw these and compare to a Sexton Firebird (2018), it is definitely much longer and straighter, but has a very similar and more sudden fade than the firebird. It is definitely different enough to carry both if you like overstable plastic.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-06-2020, 06:19 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 238 Times in 117 Posts

Threw my 172 Invictus today and was pretty pleased with the results. Flies like a slightly more OS Thunderbird (comparable to the recent pop top champ thunderbirds). Flies straight for most of the flight then dumps hard at the end.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:33 PM

Niced 21 Times in 14 Posts

I played in some stiff winds today 20 mph sustained winds and the Invictus, which earlier I likened to a longer Firebird, did not perform as expected. I would throw it along side the 2018 sexton firebird (would hold line, up to 300 ft) and the Invictus got knocked off line, raised, dropped, and turned over. I still like the Invictus and in calm weather it will take a lot of the Firebird shots, but it does not have the same stability over a wide range of winds.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:11 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 55 Times in 27 Posts

So what's the verdict on this thing? It seems to have the 2.1mm rim which I love, since my main distance driver is the Wraith. I've been looking for a "Wraith OS", and I don't want to try to hunt down one of the old metal flake ones. Does this fit the bill?

I've thrown a Teerex before but they weren't that overstable, or at least they didn't stay that way. I'm hoping that this is a shorter XCal that I can bookend my bag of Wraiths with. I also throw Firebirds but from what I'm seeing these are a few ticks faster and a few ticks less overstable.
Old 04-11-2020, 03:10 AM
Par Member

Niced 101 Times in 51 Posts

If you throw the 11 speed Wraith, and want an over stable pairing, why not try the 11 speed max? I guess it's 2.2mm rim, tho
Old 04-11-2020, 07:12 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 66 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFlickLuke View Post
If you throw the 11 speed Wraith, and want an over stable pairing, why not try the 11 speed max? I guess it's 2.2mm rim, tho
I tried that pairing for a bit, but the max is so glideless that it was basically a bookend firebird (that I didn't need, I already have a very OS faf in the bag). It didn't come anywhere near wraith distance. I switched it out for a pd2 and have been happy with the results so far. I don't use the pd2 much but it's nice insurance if I want to throw a bomber flex forehand.

Old 04-12-2020, 09:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.7
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 220 Times in 112 Posts

If you like the wraith and want something a bit more OS look for a color glow. I’ve seen two different variants, I believe an older run that’s kinda stiff and pop top, and a run that’s flatter.

The flat ones are interesting, the bottom wing is fairly flat and so is the top...at first glance you might think it’d be kinda flippy but they’re not. They look about like a max without the real blunt nose. I received some in a tournament order and held onto a few of the color glows as potential max replacements. Thrown them a little and calm they’re pretty much straight with healthy fade, I think in a moderately stiff headwind they’d probably flip a little.