Old 03-25-2020, 07:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 41 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
I think it's regular Star with a neat paint job. How that seems to make these more overstable I'm not sure.
If it's no better than Star then I'll just wait for a bigger release to try it out. I'm surely not going to spend the $40-$50 they are going for currently.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2020, 08:16 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 415
Niced 597 Times in 306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoobyPls View Post
Dammit why didn't somebody tell me there were Sidewinders & Roadrunners!?
Where are you seeing sidewinders and roadrunners? Not that I need more discs.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:15 PM
Par Member

Niced 101 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
Where are you seeing sidewinders and roadrunners? Not that I need more discs.
Looks like DGU has the inside track on the halo plastic.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-26-2020, 09:06 PM

Courses Played: 21
Niced 7 Times in 4 Posts

I felt my buddies Halo Shryke over the weekend, and will try to describe it the best i can.

Plastic felt like a blend of Star and Shimmer plastics.

Stiffness was similar to a stiffer blend of Star plastic. The plastic still had a mild give to it, but not much.

Grip on the Halo was nice. I thought with the stiffness of the disc it wouldn't have much grip, but these felt very close to 750g plastic from Prodigy, which is a very grippy premium plastic.

Dome (flatness, think OTBs scale) was moderate. The disc felt really nice in the hand. The dome has a smooth transition from the shoulder to flight plate.

The Halo Shryke was more overstable than his star ones, even a new one. His average distance with the Shryke is around 325'.

Overall, i did like the feel of the plastic. However, i wonder if it'll chip because of the blend of plastics. It feels like it may.

Hopefully my description/review was helpful so you dont go blindly spending on a stack and become disappointed by them.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:18 PM

Courses Played: 21
Niced 7 Times in 4 Posts

Side note, since i couldn't edit my last post due to time, here is a list of important items on a scale from 1-10.

Stiffness - 8/10
Grip- 7/10
Dome- 6/10

I can't say anything about durability since I don't throw them.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:08 PM

Niced 21 Times in 14 Posts

I got a few of the Halo Star Wraiths. First of all, wow they are good looking discs, just like the ones posted as the example disc. I heard that they tended to be more stable, but I am not sure I entirely agree. The wraiths will stand up a tiny bit, glide, and then generously fade. I think the fade might be a touch more than normal new star wraiths, but they do fly a few feet further. I have a lightly seasoned wraith and the halo was keeping up distance-wise, but did not turn at all and faded. Ultimately the halos ended at my normal distance with my go to wraith, but were 30 feet further left. I did get one freak throw where all of the stars aligned and ended up 30 ft further on a long hole than I have ever been, I missed my chance for my first two on this hole.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:23 PM
Par Member

Niced 101 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtowneagle View Post
I got a few of the Halo Star Wraiths. First of all, wow they are good looking discs, just like the ones posted as the example disc. I heard that they tended to be more stable, but I am not sure I entirely agree. The wraiths will stand up a tiny bit, glide, and then generously fade. I think the fade might be a touch more than normal new star wraiths, but they do fly a few feet further. I have a lightly seasoned wraith and the halo was keeping up distance-wise, but did not turn at all and faded. Ultimately the halos ended at my normal distance with my go to wraith, but were 30 feet further left. I did get one freak throw where all of the stars aligned and ended up 30 ft further on a long hole than I have ever been, I missed my chance for my first two on this hole.
Damn, I want a couple. Wish I could find them.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 31
Niced 953 Times in 454 Posts

Heads up, HeroDiscs.com has some Halo Star stuff in stock, including Valkyries, Firebirds, Shrykes, Thunderbirds, and Sidewinders. All with a Japan Open stamp. I picked up two Sidewinders and a Firebird

Old 04-06-2020, 06:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 31
Niced 953 Times in 454 Posts

Wow these are gorgeous! Two Sidewinders and a Firebird. Don't know when I'll get a chance to throw them, but looking at them sure is nice.