Old 03-12-2020, 10:49 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 141
Niced 132 Times in 57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyman621 View Post
The glow Tern I have is super domey and glidey. Definitely the furthest flying Tern I've thrown. I was hoping for something similar from a McMorran color glow Tern, but this has me rethinking a purchase. The last image makes them look pretty flat too.

Anyone throw one of these color glows yet?

https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/cham...ur-series.html
Yes, the Callie McMorran Terns are fairly flat. I do like their flight though, at 350' they turn slightly before a reliable and steady finish. They remind me somewhat of the Madison Walker Shrykes from a few years ago, which were one of my long-standing favorite discs.

Not sure how that flight compares with regular Terns, I'm guessing these are less glide-y and more stable, but I haven't thrown many other Terns to compare with. Personally I love these McMorran Terns though, and will stock up on a few more.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2020, 05:22 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,375 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Mars View Post
Did you ever throw the echo star tern? If so, how does it compare to the glow?

Echo star tern is still the best tailwind disc I've ever owned and I've had some shrykes that were close but not quite as long and definitely not as comfortable for a backhand grip.
Echostar Terns are generally less stable than the Glow Champ Terns. I really like the Echostar Terns, they fly very well for me. And I always liked Echostar plastic; it's too bad it went OOP.
Old 03-13-2020, 01:20 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 990 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Echostar Terns are generally less stable than the Glow Champ Terns. I really like the Echostar Terns, they fly very well for me. And I always liked Echostar plastic; it's too bad it went OOP.
Echostar went oop due to some Tour series discs getting the recycled plastic mixed in with new Star to have those who picked Star for a disc to be able to get more money like those who picked a less expensive plastic as Star is the second most expensive plastic to make for Innova behind the G-Star.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:01 AM

Niced 16 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
They seem to be slowly doing more echostar runs now at least. I still have old echostar terns so doesn't look like glow champs are worth it to me if they're more stable.

Niced: (1)

Old 03-27-2020, 02:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 851 Times in 662 Posts
Default Pro Tern

Put a few throws on one of these recently. 167g. Somewhat flat. Not a huge dome here.

I was honestly expecting this thing to be too understable to throw. I imagined it turning and burning.

Not the case. The disc is still understable, but it'll hold up to hard throws with a little bit of hyzer on the release. The Pro Tern seems to glide really well, and flies a great S curve. There's enough late fade to bring the disc back toward center if you go right a little. The Pro Tern does very well in calm or downwind conditions. It got blown around badly in side winds or headwinds though (not that I'm surprised there).

This is a fun disc, and a long one. I won't say its longer than a star Tern, but it definitely isn't shorter. 450' is very much within reach here.

I'm not a fan of pro plastic, but I dig the way this pro Tern flies. It reminds me almost exactly of a lightweight star Tern. Great glide, flex, and distance. My only concern here is that the pro plastic will beat in quickly and this disc will become too flippy to throw hard. I guess time will tell. In the meantime the Pro Tern seems nice.