Old 02-18-2020, 03:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,824 Times in 1,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan037 View Post
She makes it pretty clear those particular ones are slightly more stable than regular z sols and her signature sol will be made to have that stability
The SOL she throws looks close to board flat. . .looks like a ZONE, they should have called it the Anti-zone
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2020, 01:20 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 119 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan037 View Post
She makes it pretty clear those particular ones are slightly more stable than regular z sols and her signature sol will be made to have that stability
How exactly does she make that point? I've watched the video twice and I don't pick up on that at all.
Old 02-18-2020, 05:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 570 Times in 366 Posts

Any patterns emerging with SOL stability? Aside from the obvious weight and PLH, does domey = stable or what?
Old 03-21-2020, 06:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 264 Times in 151 Posts

I've seen these (The Paige Pierce Signature Z-Sol) for sale and I've been really really really holding back from buying one, because I have a stack of AR sols that I love (even though I lost one of my babies the other day).

Has anyone thrown one who can compare it to the AR version?

I use my AR sol when I want something even more understable than my beat X-buzzz. It's perfect for slow speed turnover shots or minimalist point and shoot flick hyzerflips. That said, as it heats up, I'm more a fan of Z plastic over the floppy AR plastic that feels like ESP FLX.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:05 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 262 Times in 127 Posts

I've only can speak of the AR and FR z plastic. The ar esp imo is really understable even with low power. I bag the FR z it powers down for a nice glidey straight shot. I love jump putting with it as well. Off the tee with a full run up I have to hyzer flip it or it will turn and burn. Depending on how much power I put behind it, it either flip up to flat and stay that way or flip up to turnover. I usually just use a stand still off the tee for short shots.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:56 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25.4
Courses Played: 136
Niced 3,259 Times in 1,169 Posts

I can't think of any scenario under which I would be willing to spend an extra $5/disc to find out how the the Paige Pierce Signature Z-Sol flies compared to the normal Z Sol. If it was swirly ESP with a cool stamp or something like that to differentiate it, maybe. Unlikely, but maybe. Z to Z with an unremarkable stamp? No way.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:59 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 88
Niced 208 Times in 95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
I can't think of any scenario under which I would be willing to spend an extra $5/disc to find out how the the Paige Pierce Signature Z-Sol flies compared to the normal Z Sol. If it was swirly ESP with a cool stamp or something like that to differentiate it, maybe. Unlikely, but maybe. Z to Z with an unremarkable stamp? No way.
Kinda agree with this, I have a few AR ones and they are considerably less stable than the Z ones, I'd consider an ESP to have something in between or to season there but no interest in spending cash on another Z.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:49 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 18
Niced 264 Times in 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
I guess I was basing it off of what was speculated on page 10 of this thread.
That and the first run z-sols that I saw were kind of gummy, so I was thinking perhaps these were more like the rock-hard z that's used elsewhere. Every z-buzzz or z-comet I've had was pretty inflexible. The first run z-sol was nowhere near as flexible as the AR sol, but still not like regular z. That's why I was interested in this version, because I agree, the PP stamp isn't very exciting.

Old 03-31-2020, 10:31 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25.4
Courses Played: 136
Niced 3,259 Times in 1,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post
I guess I was basing it off of what was speculated on page 10 of this thread.
That and the first run z-sols that I saw were kind of gummy, so I was thinking perhaps these were more like the rock-hard z that's used elsewhere. Every z-buzzz or z-comet I've had was pretty inflexible. The first run z-sol was nowhere near as flexible as the AR sol, but still not like regular z. That's why I was interested in this version, because I agree, the PP stamp isn't very exciting.
I guess I've never really found Z to be rock-hard. It's alway got some flex to in IMO; the first run Sol seemed well within the regular variance of what I expect Z to be.

One reason you should track down a first run Z Sol: You remember the old record top Innova had where you could run your finger over the top of the disc and it sounded like scratching a record? People also called it the zipper top. It was actually more than one top; it would happen with Champ plastic on newly tooled pieces. The heat from the plastic wears away the imperfections of the mold over time, but when the part is new the grooves from producing the piece are still there and Champ/Z is such a dense plastic that it packs out the mold and the discs that come out have those little groves like a record, only very shallow so they are barely noticeable. They make a sound when you run your finger across them, though. The Z Sol doesn't have those on top of the disc like the record top, but they are on the underside of the flight plate. The core piece must be new and it's leaving those shallow groves in the Z plastic; it makes that "zip-zip" sound when you run your fingers across the bottom of the disc.

Possibly the worst selling point for a run of golf discs, but Hey! . The Ace Race ones do this as well, the Z's are just a little louder.

And yes, quarantine is getting old. Thanks for noticing.