Old 01-07-2015, 08:48 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 233 Times in 109 Posts

Big fan of the Rattler and Sonic, especially in the lighter weights. I really enjoyed the LockJaw from Salient, but agree with the others, broke in a little too fast. Has anybody found a softer dx Sonic? Most of the ones I've owned were in a fairly stiff dx blend. Wouldn't mind seeing an R-Pro or G* Sonic.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2015, 09:03 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,121 Times in 751 Posts

people are scared to throw lids hard but its the gangster thing to do around these streets.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 16
Niced 155 Times in 107 Posts

I'd bag a zephyr if I didn't have polecats, got to throw it on Saturday. Either that or I'd hunt zeppelins.

Polecat has made my approach game the best and easiest part of the round. Almost boring. Almost.

Only aces this year were with polecats....of course on shorter holes but I had a few sweet throw-ins too.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 125
Niced 88 Times in 55 Posts

Just curious, are most of you using your lids only for approaches? Does anyone use them as a primary putting putter? I've never tried a polecat but picked one up in a recent trade that is one the way so I'm excited to try it. I had some Birdie putters way back in the day that would hold a line great but index finger would sometimes grab the rim and I'll pull them right. I'm hoping I have better luck with the Polecat. We'll see...
Old 01-07-2015, 12:34 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,508 Times in 779 Posts

I used my Polecat for long (~60'+) putts for a while, but I went back to Wizards. They're now mostly for short holes and approaches. The R-Pro Polecat is hands down the best hit and stick disc in the game. It has some pretty impressive brakes.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,315 Times in 569 Posts

Sometimes I'll do longer or situational putts with a Polecat, yes, though it is not my primary putter.

People really do owe it to themselves to try a Polecat, or similar option.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 16
Niced 155 Times in 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46YearOldSlinger View Post
Just curious, are most of you using your lids only for approaches? Does anyone use them as a primary putting putter? I've never tried a polecat but picked one up in a recent trade that is one the way so I'm excited to try it. I had some Birdie putters way back in the day that would hold a line great but index finger would sometimes grab the rim and I'll pull them right. I'm hoping I have better luck with the Polecat. We'll see...
I drive and approach exclusively with my polecats unless it's really windy. Then I'll use my h1 or a roc.

I use my incredibly flippy polecat for putts that need to turnover and hold throughout the entire flight since none of my kc aviars are beat even close to that. Sometimes a little help is nice rather than trying to throw a really long anny putt.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:48 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

how does a polecat fly compared to a rattlr? I like air bounce approach shots and was thinking of getting a sonic, wasn't a fan of how deep the rattlr was.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 164
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 68 Times in 43 Posts

Ultimate Frisbee is the only reason I even know disc golf exists. While the transition was a difficult one, I've grown to appreciate the lid-like disc golf molds. My favorite has to be the Zephyr. It's great for approach shots! I've only just added to the bag in the last few months but my plans are to play some of the shorter local courses with only the Zephyr and putter.

As an aside, I tossed a buddy's Innova Nova last night at putting league and I could compare it to an Ultimate-style disc. The flight is fairly neutral and it feels like a smaller lid in the hand. I'm not into the overmold construction so I won't throw them, but it might be a consideration for others...

I did pick up an odd disc from the Innova pro shop recently. Has anyone tried the Super Nova? It's more like the Pulsar than anything else I've thrown, but it has ridges somewhat like a thumb track and is lid-sized. Even my Zephyr can fit inside the rim of the Super Nova! I'm unsure if it's a PDGA approved disc, but the Super Nova is pretty fun for playing catch and warming up before a round...

Old 01-07-2015, 05:23 PM
Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 169
Niced 2,556 Times in 1,185 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx_roc View Post
how does a polecat fly compared to a rattlr? I like air bounce approach shots and was thinking of getting a sonic, wasn't a fan of how deep the rattlr was.
Rattler takes a little more oomph to go straight, fade likes to kick in sooner I think. Polecat air bounces well, especially in weights below 165 (the lighter the more lid-tastic).