#21  
Old 03-26-2020, 08:13 PM
ray1970's Avatar
ray1970 ray1970 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Denver
Posts: 339
Niced 188 Times in 113 Posts
Default

If were spitballing, then I will just mention my fairways are the FD and the CD2.

The FD is my workhorse (I bag two) and will hold just about any line I put it on. Its a very neutral disc.

The CD2 (I bag two) is my faster, more overstable FD. If the wind is up or I need more fade at the end of flight Ill probably go CD2.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-26-2020, 08:27 PM
Jbultman Jbultman is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 231
Niced 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
If were spitballing, then I will just mention my fairways are the FD and the CD2.

The FD is my workhorse (I bag two) and will hold just about any line I put it on. Its a very neutral disc.

The CD2 (I bag two) is my faster, more overstable FD. If the wind is up or I need more fade at the end of flight Ill probably go CD2.
Have you tried the luster, champ or color glow fd?

See Im looking for x2 go to fairways: straight and straight and understable.

My fairway bag is x2/3 FD3 ( combo glow and color glow) , x3 thunderbirds and x2 wraiths.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-26-2020, 08:33 PM
ray1970's Avatar
ray1970 ray1970 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Denver
Posts: 339
Niced 188 Times in 113 Posts
Default

All of my FDs are s-line. Or swirly s-line.

Been tempted to try one of the Night Strike color glows but just havent gotten around to it yet.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-26-2020, 10:28 PM
Twmccoy Twmccoy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 2,479
Niced 851 Times in 662 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
If were spitballing, then I will just mention my fairways are the FD and the CD2.

The FD is my workhorse (I bag two) and will hold just about any line I put it on. Its a very neutral disc.

The CD2 (I bag two) is my faster, more overstable FD. If the wind is up or I need more fade at the end of flight Ill probably go CD2.
If you already have CD2s and FDs in the bag I don't think an Undertaker is going to do much for you. It flies similarly to both of them.

FDs are underrated, and sneaky long for a speed 7. Great glide.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-26-2020, 11:41 PM
ray1970's Avatar
ray1970 ray1970 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Denver
Posts: 339
Niced 188 Times in 113 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
If you already have CD2s and FDs in the bag I don't think an Undertaker is going to do much for you. It flies similarly to both of them.

FDs are underrated, and sneaky long for a speed 7. Great glide.

Yeah. I have no desire to mix up my fairways. Just throwing out info for the OP.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-27-2020, 08:13 AM
VictorB's Avatar
VictorB VictorB is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Madison, WI
Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,126
Niced 1,387 Times in 682 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbultman View Post
I want to keep one mold for this shot, 2 discs...

Would the stalker be between the explorer and undertaker stability wise? Or would I be able to get a more premium plastic to find a more stable similar to explorer and another to fly less stable similar to the undertaker?

What about a color glow fd (night strike) or luster fd and a s-line fd?
That's why I made the suggestion that I did. FR and Ledgestone Glow Z undertakers are noticeably more overstable than other stock runs. 4x McBeth Ti Undertakers have a little less glide and maybe a tick more high speed stability than stock Z. Hot take - most discraft molds don't significantly vary in stability across different plastics. There are some subtle differences - but for the most part, it's more difficult to cover a wide range of stability off the shelf, with production runs.

The stalker is very straight. Doesn't finish as hard as an undertaker but doesn't work different lines as well either.

All variations of FD would be less high speed stable than an undertaker and stalker. Still can't help you out with the explorer since I've never thrown one, but from what I understand it's basically a teebird, so it's going to be a lot more similar to a stalker than undertaker.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-27-2020, 09:33 PM
Jbultman Jbultman is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 231
Niced 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
That's why I made the suggestion that I did. FR and Ledgestone Glow Z undertakers are noticeably more overstable than other stock runs. 4x McBeth Ti Undertakers have a little less glide and maybe a tick more high speed stability than stock Z. Hot take - most discraft molds don't significantly vary in stability across different plastics. There are some subtle differences - but for the most part, it's more difficult to cover a wide range of stability off the shelf, with production runs.

The stalker is very straight. Doesn't finish as hard as an undertaker but doesn't work different lines as well either.

All variations of FD would be less high speed stable than an undertaker and stalker. Still can't help you out with the explorer since I've never thrown one, but from what I understand it's basically a teebird, so it's going to be a lot more similar to a stalker than undertaker.
And I would totally go with the undertaker if I could find some ledgestone glo. Any idea where I would find some?
What about the Mcbeth cryZtal undertaker stability?

Last edited by Jbultman; 03-27-2020 at 09:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-28-2020, 09:24 AM
VictorB's Avatar
VictorB VictorB is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Madison, WI
Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,126
Niced 1,387 Times in 682 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbultman View Post
And I would totally go with the undertaker if I could find some ledgestone glo. Any idea where I would find some?
What about the Mcbeth cryZtal undertaker stability?
They are not easy to find, that's all I can say.

Didn't know there was a cryztal undertaker
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-28-2020, 09:42 AM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 3,015
Niced 1,823 Times in 1,020 Posts
Default

2020 Ledgestone CryZtal Sparkle Undertakers are out now
Reply With Quote
 

  #30  
Old 03-28-2020, 11:40 AM
Jbultman Jbultman is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 231
Niced 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
They are not easy to find, that's all I can say.

Didn't know there was a cryztal undertaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
2020 Ledgestone CryZtal Sparkle Undertakers are out now
What about the stability? Would order a couple if theyll fit the bill
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Explorer GoobyPls Discs 289 05-17-2020 05:15 PM
Opto Explorer Streets The Marketplace 0 01-13-2019 05:59 PM
Understable Explorer plastic? Jbultman Discs 12 12-12-2018 04:29 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.