Old 01-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would say an Element is a good mid....very similar to my Buzzz...with a little less fade.

I have also thrown the Samurai and is a good disc as well. Not crazy overstable and very fast. If you like the Boss the Slayer might be a good fit.

Also the new mid...the Mystic is a good mid.

I haven't thrown many of their drivers but have looked at the Sabre or the Blaze. Lower speed...but overstable.

If are looking to give some a shot try out one of their eBay deals. Pretty good deal and usually they throw in an extra disc.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 36
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I have a evolution warrior and I love it. IMO it is more stable than a roc or buzzz and is a really nice compliment in the bag. I also have a Slayer which is a nice overstable driver to have in the bag. I understand people's gripes about Gateway's consistencies in their plastics but take it with a grain of salt. Find a disc that works for you and stick with it. Plus Gateway's customer service is top notch compared to other companies...
Old 01-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 36
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

IMO it is just to hard to find 2 of the same disc from gateway. I like some of their discs but I just hate trying to find one that feels right..esp with not many for sell around my area.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 2
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

My HPP warrior is possibly my favorite disc of all time, it's a little os, but a super solid mid. The Assassin is like a valk, and the Apache is the more stable version of that. The Slayer is like a destroyer, and the Samurai is like a Katana. Scout is like a DX roc, and the Blaze is like a Firebird. My Sabre is amazing, super straight, and pure money. Get a magic too, it's a great understable putter.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

I mainly use gateway discs. I have aced with an element and it can hold a hyzer well but it kinda flips. Blaze is in a awkward half mid half fairway but its good for spike hyzers. Slayer is fast and stable almost a fast valk. mystic is soooooooooooooooo good it gets flippy when beat and out of the box it just settles no fade or turn. assassin is flippy and makes a nice S curve and the Apache is like the assassin but more OS. I just got a Karma and it feels nice havent used it though. And lastly the illusion is fast and controllable for me and Nikko says it becomes a great roller when beat in. PM me for more questions I'm a huge gateway fan boy