Old 03-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

My reason for starting this thread was soley to point out how Gateway seemed to be getting passed by as a viable disc maker, other than putters. The intent wasn't to start a bash Gateway fest. It was about lack of new product and dropping the ball on the new Samurai driver...which I was actually looking forward to buying and using. Where is it after 3 months? Other than prototypes. The Slayer's a good disc, I've thrown it. When I said the Slayer "laid an egg", I was referring to almost zero promotion and what obviously has to be very limited sales, as a result.

We all know their best discs are their putters, but that represents 4 molds, and you're not likely to survive long term relying almost entirely on 4 putters....in 4 plastics...or 1 plastic that comes out so wildly inconsistent that they get tagged S, SS, SSS, and now SSSS. Gimme a break!

Anyway, this thread has turned into mostly customer service complaints and should have been locked, as a result. Maybe the Mods are leaving it open to get Gateway's attention on these matters. Who knows?
Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I personally loved the slayer it seemed like a destroyer with more glide but not as lss. The problem I had was the funny angled wing/bead at the bottom. but it was a very nice disc. i would love for them to soften up the rims on the sss mold because the plate is gummy but the rim is so stiff i get too many blow-throughs.
Closed Thread