Old 06-18-2019, 08:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 368 Times in 209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
And here I was, thinking that you were buying them all up. Just kidding.

I dunno about the Groove thing (see what I did there?). I'd love to see your thesis tested in reality by Innova taking the Groove OOP with a huge announcement. I don't think there would be that kind of run on the Groove.
this isn't quite LOL worthy but i've been snickering for way too long at just the thought of some big announcement by innova the groove was being taken OOP.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 06-18-2019, 08:27 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 735 Times in 356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putt for D'oh View Post
this isn't quite LOL worthy but i've been snickering for way too long at just the thought of some big announcement by innova the groove was being taken OOP.

As far as I know, Innova never announces that a mold is going out of production.
Some molds just never get distributed again, and people end up asking, "Where are the Aces, Aeros, Apples, Aviar XDs, Barracudas, Bulldogs, Classic Rocs, Coupes, Coyotes, etc, etc?".

Eventually, Innova's limited stock of Grooves will run out, and someone will wonder what happened to them. The answer to that person will be, "you had years to get all you wanted, but you didn't, and neither did most anyone else".

Niced: (1)
Old 06-18-2019, 09:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 642 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
And here I was, thinking that you were buying them all up. Just kidding.

I dunno about the Groove thing (see what I did there?). I'd love to see your thesis tested in reality by Innova taking the Groove OOP with a huge announcement. I don't think there would be that kind of run on the Groove.
I think Innova will eventually discontinue the Groove. To this day I can't figure out how they even keep selling them. I know the big box sporting goods stores always have a healthy supply of Grooves.

I have a feeling that if/when Innova drops the axe on the Groove it will be done as quietly as possible. I have a feeling the Daedalus may go too. That's a mold no one will miss either.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 642 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post
As far as I know, Innova never announces that a mold is going out of production.
Some molds just never get distributed again, and people end up asking, "Where are the Aces, Aeros, Apples, Aviar XDs, Barracudas, Bulldogs, Classic Rocs, Coupes, Coyotes, etc, etc?".

Eventually, Innova's limited stock of Grooves will run out, and someone will wonder what happened to them. The answer to that person will be, "you had years to get all you wanted, but you didn't, and neither did most anyone else".

I agree. DD announces they're getting rid of some molds and people are in borderline panic mode. Honestly, if these same people really loved those molds they'd already have a stockpile of them.

I think its more the thought of it no longer being readily available that scares people.

The sales numbers speak for themselves. I have zero problem with a disc company discontinuing discs that sell poorly. Its bad business practice to continue to churn out discs that will sit in warehouses for years unsold.

Old 06-18-2019, 09:33 PM

Courses Played: 30
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default RIP

Good post, I know about the Mako3 but I still miss having Coyote's in production.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:43 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,891 Times in 1,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post

They have made some announcements in the past, but not with the fanfare DD just did. Sometimes they just drop the mold from the catalog, and confirm when people start asking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
I think Innova will eventually discontinue the Groove. To this day I can't figure out how they even keep selling them. I know the big box sporting goods stores always have a healthy supply of Grooves.

I have a feeling that if/when Innova drops the axe on the Groove it will be done as quietly as possible. I have a feeling the Daedalus may go too. That's a mold no one will miss either.
IMHO, Innova has not made any new runs of Grooves and is pushing the stash of what they have onto those big box stores that don't know any better. I've lamented in the past that IMHO they are hurting disc golf by doing this. But yes, once the stash is gone, that'll be it for the Groove, with no fanfare and no announcement.

The Daedalus? Who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRye View Post
Good post, I know about the Mako3 but I still miss having Coyote's in production.
You can get Coyotes now. Last I saw, they were still available at the Innova Proshop. But they are also now an Infinite Discs line on the Infinite Discs site. They're called the "Anubis", so check those out.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 2
Niced 353 Times in 263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Well Yes I get that I was one of the Impact people who lamented at the loss of that mold. Discraft had not been running that mold for a long time. Discraft was supposed to take the Stalker off the market last year according to Discraft news but either the Company has not due do the number of people buying a stash of the Z Stalker for a TL/TL 3 flight disc, that or Discraft is still going though the huge inventory of the mold.
Per Bob Julio on FB, the Stalker isn't OOP. If it was, I wouldn't have just spent $30 on 1 Pink Ti, I'd probably have bought 3 or 4 more.

Last edited by ILUVSMGS18; 06-18-2019 at 11:48 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:34 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 25
Niced 630 Times in 542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
Per Bob Julio on FB, the Stalker isn't OOP. If it was, I wouldn't have just spent $30 on 1 Pink Ti, I'd probably have bought 3 or 4 more.
No not the mold but the Z I thought was going oop in that plastic. Maybe some of us were told wrong, now I have about 6 of them as spare for the one I am using. Other molds, the Impact I get more when it was obvious it was going oop as most did not like the hatching on the wing and Discraft has the more popular Glide for almost the same slot.

Anyhow this is a Latitude 64/Dynamic Discs/Westside Discs oop molds. Though not to my knowledge since Latitude 64 bought out Westside, is a new mold out from them or is a mold oop.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 23
Niced 368 Times in 209 Posts

[QUOTE=SD86;3464001
IMHO, Innova has not made any new runs of Grooves and is pushing the stash of what they have onto those big box stores that don't know any better. I've lamented in the past that IMHO they are hurting disc golf by doing this. But yes, once the stash is gone, that'll be it for the Groove, with no fanfare and no announcement.

The Daedalus? Who knows?
.[/QUOTE]

I had this thought the other day. I bet it’s been years since the actually made a run of grooves.

Old 06-19-2019, 02:48 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 925 Times in 612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putt for D'oh View Post
I had this thought the other day. I bet it’s been years since the actually made a run of grooves.
It’s within the last couple of years at least since the ones around have the disc golf only tooling. So they were at least run a second time.