Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Organic Prototype Voodoo.

Two questions about it.

http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_d...=449&PPQT1=285

The way they have everything in parentheses is kind of confursing. So, is this a SSS Organic Voodoo, or is Organic only in one stiffness?

Also, the fact that it is a prototype makes me worry that it may be illegal for tournament play. I know it shouldn't be, so please assure me that it isn't.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

not illegal, for certain.

i use green proto organic voodoos for all my in-the-circle type putts; the 7 or 8 i have are all from a run from a year or two ago and look significantly darker green than the one in the pic @ DGC, but that's not dispositive in any way.

the ones that i have start out nicely stiff and yet still grippy (you can dig your thumb and forefinger into them nicely, but there is no flex or give to the rim, per se) and take a fairly long time to break into a nice 'beat' putter feel- i have only one that has gotten all the way to that point, and i throw a lot of practice putts with these guys. i'd say that the greens that i have are a stiffer S, certainly not a SSS.

the only caveats i would offer you is that if you get into them, a) you'll probably want to use other voodoos/putters for longer or blind approaches (because of the color) so they're not good for disc minimalists, and b) you will be bidding against me for 'the good ones' on ebay 10 years from now...i wouldn't recommend it.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 36
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

each organic run comes out different from the previous, they are usually between Soft and SuperSoft...I have seem some floppy ones but I dont think those generally make it to the vendor
Old 02-21-2011, 08:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 40
Niced 413 Times in 173 Posts

I think these are different because they are softer, floppier.
Generally, the Organics are a little stiffer.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairweather_fan View Post
not illegal, for certain.

i use green proto organic voodoos for all my in-the-circle type putts; the 7 or 8 i have are all from a run from a year or two ago and look significantly darker green than the one in the pic @ DGC, but that's not dispositive in any way.

the ones that i have start out nicely stiff and yet still grippy (you can dig your thumb and forefinger into them nicely, but there is no flex or give to the rim, per se) and take a fairly long time to break into a nice 'beat' putter feel- i have only one that has gotten all the way to that point, and i throw a lot of practice putts with these guys. i'd say that the greens that i have are a stiffer S, certainly not a SSS.

the only caveats i would offer you is that if you get into them, a) you'll probably want to use other voodoos/putters for longer or blind approaches (because of the color) so they're not good for disc minimalists, and b) you will be bidding against me for 'the good ones' on ebay 10 years from now...i wouldn't recommend it.
I use a Star Rhyno for approaches because I can not approach backhanded and the Ryhno is great for sidearm, so this will be used just for putting. I have been switching putters too much, and I am really hoping to stick with these. I might order several if I like it. And I won't bid against you either.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 67
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

why proto organic voodoos specifically?
Old 02-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

^^^ I was just shopping around for Voodoos and stumbled across these, and thought it would be cool to have an Organic putter. Are there any regular Organic Voodoos, or just Protos? What is difference between regular and protos?

Last edited by zepphead33; 02-21-2011 at 08:45 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

they either tourny stamps of the proto stamp...you will see a lot of tourny stamped ones out there. By the way if you ever come across the Mint Green Organic Magics from the DGSM KIG #4 at Preston Miller in Bowling Green, KY I will buy them off of you
Old 02-21-2011, 08:55 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.1
Courses Played: 51
Niced 15 Times in 13 Posts

I have 3 black ones from the first prototype run. Dave told me that there were only about 100 of those made. 1 is S the other 2 are SS. I like 'em. Good tacky feel and an awesome patchouli (sp?) smell... if you're into that sort of thing. Kind of embarrassing to be caught huffing your disc, but I'm weak. They say it's the corn base that the plastic is made from that gives it that smell, but it smells like patchouli to me.

Last edited by IronJack; 02-21-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

mine were maple syrup smelling, i sold them like an idiot though when I switched to magics. they were some great putters