Niced 394 Times in 174 Posts

Ian is just sitting here waiting to post:

Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2018, 12:27 AM

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 6 Times in 2 Posts

This just in... Bradley Williams drops innova his disc sponsor and has been seen out in a Texas field throwing Discraft

Last edited by WautownRob; 11-06-2018 at 12:32 AM.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:18 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.7
Courses Played: 65
Niced 804 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WautownRob View Post
This just in... Bradley Williams drops innova his disc sponsor and has been seen out in a Texas field throwing Discraft
I hear he’s just branding himself and Discraft is gonna give him a new company called Fit Disc Golf. That way all his fans can say, “I’m throwing a Fit too!”

Old 11-06-2018, 01:31 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 85
Niced 138 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finny View Post
I do hope that this part of the rumor is true, that McBeth will "design" new discs. As in, he'll tell Discraft what he wants and their engineers will try to make it for him. It would be fascinating to see the results.

What do we think of other companies who have tried this? What are the examples? The Mace and Dagger for Feldberg, Compass and Explorer for Rick, Truth for EMac, Zone for MJ...

What else? Seems like the Mace might be the only "failure."
Almost all of Legacy's lineup is what Steve Rico wants to throw
Old 11-06-2018, 01:57 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21
Courses Played: 132
Niced 122 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecoin View Post
So, McLebron?
Well...., that equates Innova with Cleveland and that’s really not nice. Innova’s had way more success than that.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-06-2018, 06:06 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 309 Times in 155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.Luke View Post
I hear he’s just branding himself and Discraft is gonna give him a new company called Fit Disc Golf. That way all his fans can say, “I’m throwing a Fit too!”
Would he be able to throw MVP too? Cause if so he could also throw a Tantrum!
Old 11-06-2018, 07:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 67
Niced 804 Times in 389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
Well...., that equates Innova with Cleveland and that’s really not nice. Innova’s had way more success than that.

Well, could be worse, could be Philadelphia:

"Philadelphia consistently ranks above the national average in terms of crime, especially violent offenses. It has the highest violent crime rate of the ten American cities with a population greater than 1 million residents, as well as the highest poverty rate among these cities. It has been included in real estate analytics company NeighborhoodScout's "Top 100 Most Dangerous Cities in America" list every year since it has been compiled."
Old 11-06-2018, 07:45 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 40
Niced 184 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecoin View Post
Well, could be worse, could be Philadelphia:

"Philadelphia consistently ranks above the national average in terms of crime, especially violent offenses. It has the highest violent crime rate of the ten American cities with a population greater than 1 million residents, as well as the highest poverty rate among these cities. It has been included in real estate analytics company NeighborhoodScout's "Top 100 Most Dangerous Cities in America" list every year since it has been compiled."
Philly is a fantastic city. And has a lower crime rate than Cleveland as well. No need to throw stones...

"The overall crime rate in Cleveland is 145% higher than the national average. For every 100,000 people, there are 19.03 daily crimes that occur in Cleveland. Cleveland is safer than 1% of the cities in the United States. In Cleveland you have a 1 in 15 chance of becoming a victim of any crime."

Niced: (1)
Old 11-06-2018, 08:12 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 123 Times in 75 Posts
Default Discraft=White-trash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
I can only speak from my observation in my area, so take that with a grain of salt.

In my area, Discraft is considered the white trash of Disc golf. An old company that has kind of fallen by the way side in it's presence. The only people around me that throw exclusively Discraft are old timers and the guys who need rides to league because of one too many DWIs.

If Discraft wants to up their game, increase they're media presence and create a new image, Paul could be the ticket. And I for one would like to see Discraft up it's efforts with some new plastics and a more professional look.

Some see Paul moving to Discraft as a step backwards (or sideways at best), but I think they're not seeing the bigger future possible picture. Then they're are those fan boys that just can't accept change.

I'll admit I was shocked, I thought Paul would throw Innova for life like Climo, but I got over it. One of the reasons I never gravitated towards any hero worship, they'll always let you down. Nobody can live up to someone elses expectations.

I don't know what the future hold for Paul, but I wish him the best and will still look forward to watching him play, even if it is with Discraft. I'll have to reconsider that statement however if he moves to DD!
See post #1666.

No offense, but your area sounds depressing . And I live in a super rural area where there

are lots of wannabe redneck, bud light drinkin', pick-up truck drivin', huntin', fishin', shootin'

rootin'-tootin', not high falootin', possibly dreamin' of inbreedin', fine upstanding citizens .

I am not a Discraft fanboy, but I have always enjoyed some of their plastic offerings.

I never honestly thought anybody would think Discraft was "white-trash". The socio-economic

spectrum of disc golf is probably somewhat similar to the rest of society. Thanks for the chuckle.

Old 11-06-2018, 08:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 67
Niced 804 Times in 389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeCroisQue View Post
Philly is a fantastic city. And has a lower crime rate than Cleveland as well. No need to throw stones...

"The overall crime rate in Cleveland is 145% higher than the national average. For every 100,000 people, there are 19.03 daily crimes that occur in Cleveland. Cleveland is safer than 1% of the cities in the United States. In Cleveland you have a 1 in 15 chance of becoming a victim of any crime."
Yes and crime is crime. I'd just as soon be a victim of violent crime as theft, wouldn't you?