#211  
Old 10-08-2012, 07:11 PM
BrotherDave's Avatar
BrotherDave BrotherDave is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Catrina's, Pipestone, MN
Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 146
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 13,810
Niced 724 Times in 390 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtreadwell View Post
So I'm sure this has been asked but I don't want to go through 21 pages so here goes. I use a beat up DX Roc (175g) for most of my turnover and straight shots under 300ft. I worry about what will happen to my game if I lose it, and while I'm starting to beat in a replacement, it's a long way from my go to and I wonder if a Fuse of some sort would be a decent substitute in the meantime. Any takes on this?
The biggest difference you'd notice is that the Fuse is a little more speed stable than a Roc, probably b/c of the lack of a bead. Honestly I'd say a X or ESP Comet would make a better substitute for a beat DX Roc.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 10-08-2012, 08:26 PM
bholy08's Avatar
bholy08 bholy08 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gulfport, MS
Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,061
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtreadwell View Post
So I'm sure this has been asked but I don't want to go through 21 pages so here goes. I use a beat up DX Roc (175g) for most of my turnover and straight shots under 300ft. I worry about what will happen to my game if I lose it, and while I'm starting to beat in a replacement, it's a long way from my go to and I wonder if a Fuse of some sort would be a decent substitute in the meantime. Any takes on this?
I did exactly this! lost my beat DX Roc in some water that was hidden off the tee. Freaked out, bought a slightly used GL Fuse and haven't looked back. Same exact flight in my experience.
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 12-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Puckstopper's Avatar
Puckstopper Puckstopper is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigander at heart...
Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,357
Niced 28 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Alright...I was definitely premature in my criticism of the Goldline Fuse. After watching my buddy throw it really well, I left my Opto in the car and played with the Goldline exclusively today. After a couple of throws I started to groove and see what this disc is all about. It flies very much like a glidey, understable Buzzz. Its understability allows for some great touch shots. It is a little faster than the Opto, and doesn't hang in the air the same, but it still has awesome glide and it may actually be more effortless to throw. I also think that it compliments my Buzzz better than the Opto because it is less stable where the Opto overlaps with my Buzzzes more in stability. It feels almost exactly like the Buzzz in my hand, and shares a lot of the same flight characteristics as well. All in all I'm really changing my tune one the GL Fuse and its quickly becoming the first GL disc I've liked.
This is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear. I needed an understable mid, and wanted to try Lat64 and Goldline, so ordered one of these to compliment my Buzzz and Hornet. This description has my hopes really high! Thanks for all your useful thoughts (including the initial review that had me concerned about my choice)
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 01-06-2013, 02:09 AM
Mr. America's Avatar
Mr. America Mr. America is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,086
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Seriously thinking about trying a Fuse for an understable disc in my bag. Currently the understable mid shot is covered by a rather flippy, flat, tourney plastic, Warship. Recently though I've been sticking Comets back in my bag because my Warships are harder to find colors in all the leaves. Got another color VIP Warship yesterday, now looking for a backup/replacement for my understable one.

I don't have much experience with buying discs to beat up hoping it'll someday fly like I want and was hoping somebody might have a thought on which Fuse I should try vs. beating a Warship to flippy?
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 01-06-2013, 02:32 AM
Mattallica's Avatar
Mattallica Mattallica is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 107
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,042
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. America View Post
Seriously thinking about trying a Fuse for an understable disc in my bag. Currently the understable mid shot is covered by a rather flippy, flat, tourney plastic, Warship. Recently though I've been sticking Comets back in my bag because my Warships are harder to find colors in all the leaves. Got another color VIP Warship yesterday, now looking for a backup/replacement for my understable one.

I don't have much experience with buying discs to beat up hoping it'll someday fly like I want and was hoping somebody might have a thought on which Fuse I should try vs. beating a Warship to flippy?
i love a gl mid 170's for this, it will take just a few tree hits to get to perfect

but really just what discspeed said
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 01-06-2013, 09:46 AM
sloppydisc's Avatar
sloppydisc sloppydisc is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 201
Posts: 5,203
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Yeah, buy a GL if you want it on the more understable side. Optos can be pretty neutral especially if you go heavier. I usually carry 1 of each.
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 01-06-2013, 04:11 PM
dmk1978's Avatar
dmk1978 dmk1978 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chi Town
Posts: 588
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Just picked up my first Fuse GL yesterday, at a PIAS before hitting the Highland. I've been searching for the right understable mid. I've been through buzzz ss, meteors, beat buzzz's , comets, you get the point. I was impressed so far, needs alot of field work yet but the GLIDE was amazing on the first throw, a little hyzer, that baby just popped up and held the line and finished dead straight.
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 01-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Monkeypaws's Avatar
Monkeypaws Monkeypaws is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SE Minnesota
Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 3,121
Niced 51 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Just got my mitts on a new Fuse in test material. I had some great throws with it today, including a long annie where the Lat 64 glide just kicked in and dropped it birdie distance on a hole where that rarely happens for me.

Yes, my jaw did drop

My only other Lat 64 experience so far has been the Diamond, and I love that disc. I think the Fuse will join the club, if one round and a dozen throws are any indicator.
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 01-09-2013, 05:43 PM
Toro71's Avatar
Toro71 Toro71 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Charlotte
Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 69
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,540
Niced 45 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
Just got my mitts on a new Fuse in test material. I had some great throws with it today, including a long annie where the Lat 64 glide just kicked in and dropped it birdie distance on a hole where that rarely happens for me.

Yes, my jaw did drop

My only other Lat 64 experience so far has been the Diamond, and I love that disc. I think the Fuse will join the club, if one round and a dozen throws are any indicator.
They're great in that test material...I've lost 2 already.

They beat in as fast as any plastic I've ever messed with, so be prepared.
Reply With Quote
 

  #220  
Old 01-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Toro71's Avatar
Toro71 Toro71 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Charlotte
Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 69
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,540
Niced 45 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. America View Post
Seriously thinking about trying a Fuse for an understable disc in my bag. Currently the understable mid shot is covered by a rather flippy, flat, tourney plastic, Warship. Recently though I've been sticking Comets back in my bag because my Warships are harder to find colors in all the leaves. Got another color VIP Warship yesterday, now looking for a backup/replacement for my understable one.

I don't have much experience with buying discs to beat up hoping it'll someday fly like I want and was hoping somebody might have a thought on which Fuse I should try vs. beating a Warship to flippy?
FWIW, I just prefer the feel of the gummy champ/opto/criztal plastic for mids. I carry a 169 Opto Fuse that's not TOO stable. It did beat in some, and it's pretty money, but it just depends I think on how "powered down" you throw those shots. I've found most Lat64 tough to find south of 169g, but if you can scare one up in the 166 range, could be $$$.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Disc Golf Center

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.