Old 02-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default TI vs. Z Midrange

Ok so TI, vs, and Z was all too short to search for so not even gonna waste time searching for this.

From what I understand TI is more stable plastic than Z. But how does a TI Buzzz fly compared to a Z wasp? Or a TI wasp to a Z Hornet? I throw a ESP buzzz, cryztal buzzz and z hornet. I want something between a straight buzzz and an overstable hornet. Z wasps I've found to be inconsistant with their ratings. I flip z wasps easier than I do esp buzzzs, and really need to fill this spot. I was thinking along the lines of a TE buzzz or TI wasp. Don't need a meathook, just something stable enough that will fight headwind with predictable fade. Suggestions? I have NO EXPERIENCE with TI plastic so I know very little about it. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 10:46 PM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 51
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

havent thrown them but have heard.. Ti Wasps = beefy.. but might become harder to get with the emac thing .. Ti Buzzz = less stable then z-buzzz ..
Old 02-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ti Buzzzes are equivalent to an esp Buzzz imo. The are just straight straight flyers. The are less stable than a z Buzzz, but won't flip on you with some snap. I personally like the ti because it seems to have a bit less glide, so I can go right at the basket, and they are much flatter (the ones I got anyways) than esp. I still prefer z buzzzes for the flight path, though ti feels better to me. I would try out a Glo Buzzz if you haven't yet. I don't like wasps for the same reason as you, and they are uncomfortable. I like to keep a z, esp, and ti Buzzz to cover all me shots, then a z Hornet for the nice overstable slot. Still has the straight flight of a buzzz with no turn over and a nice hard dependable fade at the end.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss22 View Post
Ti Buzzzes are equivalent to an esp Buzzz imo. The are just straight straight flyers. The are less stable than a z Buzzz, but won't flip on you with some snap. I personally like the ti because it seems to have a bit less glide, so I can go right at the basket, and they are much flatter (the ones I got anyways) than esp. I still prefer z buzzzes for the flight path, though ti feels better to me. I would try out a Glo Buzzz if you haven't yet. I don't like wasps for the same reason as you, and they are uncomfortable. I like to keep a z, esp, and ti Buzzz to cover all me shots, then a z Hornet for the nice overstable slot. Still has the straight flight of a buzzz with no turn over and a nice hard dependable fade at the end.
I was thinking about trying a glo buzzz, but just assumed TI was more stable. I Have a handful of ESP's from '08 when I won a few tourneys and they are flat, and comfortable! Dead straight flyers. I keep a crystal for slow turnovers, flies between a Z buzzz and Z comet imo. But I love my hornet! Just need that inbetween. I'll check out a glo if I can. Don't have one, so might have to offer up some trades somewhere.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:58 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugz36984 View Post
I was thinking about trying a glo buzzz, but just assumed TI was more stable. I Have a handful of ESP's from '08 when I won a few tourneys and they are flat, and comfortable! Dead straight flyers. I keep a crystal for slow turnovers, flies between a Z buzzz and Z comet imo. But I love my hornet! Just need that inbetween. I'll check out a glo if I can. Don't have one, so might have to offer up some trades somewhere.
Glow will be your in between. Ti is just gonna be your esp with longer life.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:00 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss22 View Post
Glow will be your in between. Ti is just gonna be your esp with longer life.
Thanks for the info!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I've thrown these discs in max weight new condition many times: Ti wasp, buzzz, Z hornet, wasp, buzzz, and Glo Z buzzz. The three Ti buzzz's seemed very slightly 'wavy' instead of board flat on the flightplate but flew nearly identical to a Z, I would say certainly not noticeably more or less flippy. they were certainly stable. The Ti wasp to my suprise was certainly slightly more stable than most wasps, but by a very small amount. It was definitely not comparable to a hornet. Every max Glo Z buzzz I have thrown has been identical to normal max Z buzzz's. I have heard many times that Glo Z buzzz's are more stable and imo it is definitely all in their heads. The Glo turns just as much and fades no more if thrown flat or hyzer flipped in my experience. Please give it a shot, I would like your feedback.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:59 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 12
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bratton View Post
I've thrown these discs in max weight new condition many times: Ti wasp, buzzz, Z hornet, wasp, buzzz, and Glo Z buzzz. The three Ti buzzz's seemed very slightly 'wavy' instead of board flat on the flightplate but flew nearly identical to a Z, I would say certainly not noticeably more or less flippy. they were certainly stable. The Ti wasp to my suprise was certainly slightly more stable than most wasps, but by a very small amount. It was definitely not comparable to a hornet. Every max Glo Z buzzz I have thrown has been identical to normal max Z buzzz's. I have heard many times that Glo Z buzzz's are more stable and imo it is definitely all in their heads. The Glo turns just as much and fades no more if thrown flat or hyzer flipped in my experience. Please give it a shot, I would like your feedback.
Agreed. As it turns out I'm looking to fill this spot too. Haven't found what I want yet but I think the wasp will be it. I just got a new 177 glow buzz and it turns a bit more than my 174 Z buzz
Old 02-08-2013, 12:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 50
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

I've owned multiple buzzzes and plastics. As well as wasps.

Here's what I've gained.

Raspberry TI buzzz - Most Stable
Flat Z Buzzz - About as stable as above
Flat Glo buzzz - slightly less than above
domey z buzzz - Slightly less than Glo
Other color Ti Buzzz - about the same at domey Z
All Max weight^

Wasps
Idk about the older runs but this is what I've gathered.
Flat Raspberry Ti Wasp - Most Overstable
Flat Ti Wasp - Almost as much as Raspberry
Flat Z Wasp - Overstable but not exactly Meaty, more like beefy
Domey Z Wasp - Stable like a Glo Buzzz with more fade. (hate these)

Old 02-08-2013, 08:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 32
Niced 44 Times in 37 Posts

I keep trying to like Ti plastic
But it just isn't doing anything for me
so far, I just like Z and ESP a lot better
Maybe that will change when the weather warms up