Old 10-20-2017, 08:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 235
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 50 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGStein View Post
Pretty bitter about the DGPT bracket contest. Waited until late Wednesday night to finalize my bracket(I had to work in the morning and dont have access to my email until after). Only to find out Thursday afternoon that certain players where not attending. You cant tell me they didnt know players like Cale and Cam where not attending the night before the event. Plus they had them down as attending. Even emailed DGPT to ask if it was final with no response. Final confirmation of players should have been established by Sunday or Monday. Great idea with poor execution.
Pretty disappointed.
Also, I dont think T Miller should be allowed to play. Hes hired by DGPT so hes essentially employed by them for the event. Furthermore, its for the fans to partake in(I know, hes one too). Im sure well hear him gloat.

Okay, enough bickering. Proceed with telling me Im wrong.
Cam literally bailed out the morning of the event. He told Steve he was attending as late as Wednesday night. Cale was a YES on attending and no showed.

And I hear ya on Terry's gloating, but that's funny that you think he shouldn't be allowed to play.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2017, 03:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 19
Niced 300 Times in 172 Posts

Huge Will fan, but wow...Will has the brains but not the voice for commentary imo. His voice seemed very frail, compared to Terry.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 52
Niced 1,692 Times in 975 Posts

Old 10-21-2017, 04:53 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 64
Niced 81 Times in 41 Posts

Idk how I feel about this bracket format. On one hand I like the change up from the normal tournament configuration, but Dana advances with a 5 down and Philo doesn't with an 8 down? Seems like the factor of who you're carded with is too consequential and does not reward the best play. I feel like the wildcard was added to mitigate this problem but its not perfect by any means, and I'm sure Philo would agree.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:37 PM

Courses Played: 34
Niced 17 Times in 7 Posts

One week after the HOFC playoff we get Ricky, Paul, and Simon battling it out again, should be entertaining
Old 10-21-2017, 05:52 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 83 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlybakerbest View Post
Idk how I feel about this bracket format. On one hand I like the change up from the normal tournament configuration, but Dana advances with a 5 down and Philo doesn't with an 8 down? Seems like the factor of who you're carded with is too consequential and does not reward the best play. I feel like the wildcard was added to mitigate this problem but its not perfect by any means, and I'm sure Philo would agree.
I'm with you. I kind of liked the bracket structure and switching it up, but I would imagine Philo and his fans don't love it right now. Maybe instead of just one wild card they allow anyone who had a better score than one of the card winners to move on. So in this case anyone who shot better than Dana's -5 would move one. I know that could create a need for 2 or more cards, but it would still be rewarding the best play.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-21-2017, 06:04 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 90
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Maybe they could offer a bonus to the card with the lowest combined score - maybe something like $250 for each player so that those in Philo's situation don't get completely shafted
Old 10-21-2017, 06:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 94
Niced 680 Times in 345 Posts

or make the whole thing match play

Old 10-21-2017, 06:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.6
Courses Played: 2
Niced 868 Times in 531 Posts

It's a little like saying you don't like it when the Cinderella team makes it to the final four, beating Duke by a score of 40 to 38 when NC isn't going cause then lost to Florida 77 to 80. Dana had to beat the number three seed. It's hard to say what factors were different, but maybe Philo shoots a -4 on that card.

Would we be having this conversation if Kolling wins the card with a -5?

As for me, I'm rooting for Dana to win the whole thing. That would be a law drop.

Niced: (2)

Old 10-21-2017, 06:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 42
Niced 1,415 Times in 664 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buchajs1 View Post
Maybe they could offer a bonus to the card with the lowest combined score - maybe something like $250 for each player so that those in Philo's situation don't get completely shafted
Losers doubles bracket. Play for merch.