Old 05-22-2020, 03:12 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 51 Times in 36 Posts

It's similar to ball golf where players get the 'yips' putting.

Drives and approach shots are 'close enough counts'.
Putting is 'must make'.

((Drive for show - putt for dough))

Take Tiger Woods (ball golfer if you weren't aware)....he hit beautiful long drives that frequently ended up in the rough. His concern wasn't so much accuracy as it was distance. He knew he was accurate enough on his approach shot to get on the green close enough to putt.

The same thing in disc golf, we throw drives/approaches to get close....so our focus/concentration isn't the same. Putts are a must make, so we concentrate/focus more and distractions throw us off easier. A leaf falls from a branch while we are teeing off...no big deal. But if it falls during our putt - now we may be missing the basket. Someone sneezes during our tee shot...we are irritated; sneeze during the putt and we get pissed.

I've found focusing is my biggest issue with putting. I see movement and I look in that direction when making my putt and I miss. I really noticed this when I had a drop in....I reached to drop my disc in the basket, someone to my left moved, I turned to them as I let go of the disc and my movement was just enough to pull the disc away from the basket - missed putt. I've learned to focus on the basket until my disc goes in.....it is still difficult and I do get distracted, but my putting has improved.
Sponsored Links