Old 05-22-2020, 07:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 311 Times in 199 Posts
Default What's going on at Innova?

Their own supply seems to have run dry. Only a few Tour Series discs, when their team could really use a lift with no tournaments. Most resellers have scraps compared to the usual.

I assumed it was covid messing up the chain somewhere, yet, the brands they manufacture for, Discmania, Infinite, have big releases of new discs (SkyGod anyone?)

Are they putting out better for their partners because of contractual obligations?
Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2020, 03:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,249 Times in 714 Posts

Is it the same situation with online / store vendors?
Old 05-23-2020, 04:44 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 25
Niced 996 Times in 835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
Their own supply seems to have run dry. Only a few Tour Series discs, when their team could really use a lift with no tournaments. Most resellers have scraps compared to the usual.

I assumed it was covid messing up the chain somewhere, yet, the brands they manufacture for, Discmania, Infinite, have big releases of new discs (SkyGod anyone?)

Are they putting out better for their partners because of contractual obligations?
I think that No the Sky God is sold out already, unless online retailers have them ready. No the Innova Store sold all of its Discs during the pandemic, Innova had its discs ready for Internet sales right before the State got Shut down so they sold out during the worst part of the Corona Virus when everyone was at home and a number of people bought discs getting ready for 2020-2021 season, with some areas being late in the season or even now with some areas opening up a tad.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:40 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.9
Courses Played: 25
Niced 45 Times in 25 Posts

I'm guessing supply disruptions due to COVID. With that said, things appear to be getting back to normal. I was at my local shop when the UPS guy showed up with 4 big boxes of discs and a couple boxes of bags from Innova. Went back the next day looking for a couple specific items and the shelves were fully replenished.

Old 06-02-2020, 08:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 35
Courses Played: 100
Niced 563 Times in 218 Posts

The west coast warehouse was essentially shut down for two months.
Something along the lines of 300 Team order backlog once they returned on a COVID-restricted basis. I have an order in that list which would normally take a few weeks to arrive. I don't expect it til July at the earliest.

Add to that the number of dealers/stores/TDs that are ordering and i'm assuming they are gonna be backlogged for a while.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-03-2020, 11:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 311 Times in 199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAnhyzer View Post
The west coast warehouse was essentially shut down for two months.
Something along the lines of 300 Team order backlog once they returned on a COVID-restricted basis. I have an order in that list which would normally take a few weeks to arrive. I don't expect it til July at the earliest.

Add to that the number of dealers/stores/TDs that are ordering and i'm assuming they are gonna be backlogged for a while.
Thanks Captain

Old Yesterday, 11:52 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 732 Times in 272 Posts

I thought there was another thread on this, but couldn’t find it so I’ll just drop this here-Infinite put out an interesting article.
https://infinitediscs.com/blog/how-t...-supply-chain/
TL, DR: Supply is down because California and Michigan, two states where most of our discs are made, were also two states that had the strictest and longest shutdowns, and on top of that, disc sales are WAY up.

Niced: (1)