Old 11-13-2020, 10:39 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 552 Times in 300 Posts

So far, the side effects aren't bad.. but they're not pleasant, and it's a multi-dose vaccination
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 11-13-2020, 10:39 AM
<------ [YOUR AD HERE]

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 250
Niced 570 Times in 227 Posts

A random note on vaccines: when our kiddo was born a few years ago, of course we went the full vaccination route.

And good thing, because a coworker came down with freakin' whooping cough and was going into the office for like six weeks before he went to the doctor.

Because we vaccinated our child, our level of worry over this incident was nearly negligible, vs. having to freak out about a highly infectious disease potentially spreading to our newborn.

Old 11-13-2020, 10:41 AM
<------ [YOUR AD HERE]

*just noticed I mistyped that people needed first access to "the virus" above...obv meant "the vaccine"
Old 11-13-2020, 10:42 AM
<------ [YOUR AD HERE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysmike View Post
So far, the side effects aren't bad.. but they're not pleasant, and it's a multi-dose vaccination
I'm talking more the "penis growing out of forehead after 6 months" sorta side effects.

Old 11-13-2020, 10:44 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 552 Times in 300 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeshoe View Post
I'm talking more the "penis growing out of forehead after 6 months" sorta side effects.
Oh I figured. It's just going to be something people will need to deal with. You're more than likely going to experience being ill for a couple days, and likely some pain at the injection site..

then have to go back for more... and still practice social distancing etc for a while.. it's not immediate.

* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25.7
Courses Played: 127
Niced 6,195 Times in 2,364 Posts

Quote:
This is my feeling on the matter. Those most at risk need first access to the virus, thus I will be waiting a bit until I receive it (once it's available, obv). So, frontline workers, the elderly, etc. get first jab at it.

After that, obviously will be getting it unless there are some unforeseen side-effects or something (don't jump on me for being anti-vaxxer; occasionally, vaccines have real measurable side-effects).
Sure.

They're not going to offer it to me first, anyway, and that's wise. I don't fit those checkboxes, and after that my risk is borderline (I'm 62, but live a fairly secluded life).

Which makes me fortunate that, if there are reasons for doubt, they should be evident before my turn arrives. And, like every medical treatment, drug or surgery I've ever used, there are potential side-effects, and I'll be weighing them.

But vaccines have been overwhelmingly effective, both in protecting me, and my participation in stemming the spread of diseases to others. Odds are, this will be the same, and I'm going with the odds as long as they're in our favor.

Niced: (3)
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 341
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 5,127 Times in 2,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discraft Dad View Post
So once the Covid vaccine is released will you be getting one? This question is for everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monocacy View Post
Yes, without hesitation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
Yes.

I'm happy to let the people who need it more than I, get it before me. But when my turn comes up, yes.
From my very mouth, could these words have been taken.

I already got my flu vaccine, as I do every year, and I'd jump all over Covid vaccine once it becomes available to me.

I wholeheartedly agree that it until the supply is available for the wider population, healthcare front line workers, first responders, and at higher risk groups should be given priority.

I'll gladly wait my turn.

As for side effects: it seems the incidence of side effects from vaccines is far lower than the likelihood of contracting the condition... particularly for Covid.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 11-13-2020 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-13-2020, 10:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 5,481 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
The "anti-COVID vac" people are nuts and need to be thrown off the edge of the planet. Crazy-arse people.
Yes, but you know there will be droves of them. It will become some wacked political drama, instead of the simplest of science.

Quote:
A random note on vaccines: when our kiddo was born a few years ago, of course we went the full vaccination route.

And good thing, because a coworker came down with freakin' whooping cough and was going into the office for like six weeks before he went to the doctor.

Because we vaccinated our child, our level of worry over this incident was nearly negligible, vs. having to freak out about a highly infectious disease potentially spreading to our newborn.
Seems crazy that you would even have to put it like that, as if there were other viable, intelligent options.

I am guessing I will be back nursing at bedside by Christmas. I will likely not have a choice. We are currently mandated to get a flu vaccination, I imagine the will mandate the COVID vaccination, as well. I would get it as soon as offered either way. Man, I long for the day of some normalcy.

Old 11-13-2020, 10:59 AM
Banned

Courses Played: 18
Niced 88 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Man, I long for the day of some normalcy.
Amen to that, friend.

Old 11-13-2020, 11:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25.7
Courses Played: 127
Niced 6,195 Times in 2,364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Yes, but you know there will be droves of them. It will become some wacked political drama, instead of the simplest of science.

All the more reason for me to get it. I can't count on a general population immunization to protect me. I'd prefer to have both, but I'll at least have one.

Closed Thread