Old 11-17-2020, 09:59 AM
Banned

Courses Played: 18
Niced 88 Times in 49 Posts

So its real easy for him to say to shut those kinds of places down. The people that work in those places have bills too you know.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2020, 10:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 41
Courses Played: 96
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,081 Times in 1,199 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discraft Dad View Post
So its real easy for him to say to shut those kinds of places down. The people that work in those places have bills too you know.
Do you have anything new to add to the discussion? We all understand the problems the shut downs create.
Old 11-17-2020, 10:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25.7
Courses Played: 127
Niced 6,180 Times in 2,360 Posts

Quote:
Actually, it's generous of him, seeing as the open businesses contribute so much to his job security.

Old 11-17-2020, 10:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 41
Courses Played: 96
Niced 3,081 Times in 1,199 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Most people in this country, and the world, understand this is something we have not been thru together and there are not easy answers to a lot of the problems. But the mature people work with what we have and try our best to cooperate.

Old 11-17-2020, 10:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.8
Courses Played: 250
Niced 5,473 Times in 1,879 Posts

Quote:
I did not suggest shutting them down. I suggested that it did not matter. People should be staying at home. To saves the lives of your potential customers. To save the lives of your mother, father, sister, spouse, children.

Hey, I don't enjoy government interceding in my life. Common sense tells me to stay away from restaurants, gyms and churches. I would like to believe that we would never have to tell people to do this. But, the evidence to the contrary is overwhelming. This is not the first time the economy has put a lot of people out of work. It is very difficult and sad. I have seen it a couple different times in my life. In the past, there was no choice....the economy just fell apart and a lot of people suffered dearly. There was also no upside, like life.

I have maintained all along that many business like restaurants are doomed anyway. I believe they were from the beginning of this. The devastation of COVID is felt by all of us in a variety of ways. I don't think any of them are worse than the other.

I don't know what the best way to handle the spread of COVID is. But, I will always choose life over business. I honestly do not want anyone to suffer, in anyway. But, one can get a new job, a new relationship with God, a new buff body. Dead cannot get a new life. It is the ultimate harm.

Keeping the healthcare system running and viable to help sick people is paramount. If very ill people with COVID cannot get help......

I hope the people suffering economic hardships the best, as I do the cops, healthcare workers, essential retail folks. Their lives have been devastated as well. We all have a tendency to see our woes as the worst. But COVID is going to ultimately take a toll on a vast percentage of the population....whether the bars remains open, or not.

Old 11-17-2020, 10:28 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 381 Times in 139 Posts

Chugodatrite! Dead don't get a second chance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Niced: (1)
Old 11-17-2020, 10:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25.7
Courses Played: 127
Niced 6,180 Times in 2,360 Posts

From my vantage point, some of the blame for the shutdowns and restrictions falls on those who complain most about them.

If everyone had been on board that we need to (1) save as many lives as we reasonably can and (2) preserve as much of the economy as we reasonably can, then perhaps things wouldn't be so dire now.

But with a portion of the population refusing to make even minimal efforts to help slow the spread, here we are, losing a lot more lives and businesses than we should.

Old 11-17-2020, 11:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 46
Niced 5,336 Times in 2,230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
I did not suggest shutting them down. I suggested that it did not matter. People should be staying at home. To saves the lives of your potential customers. To save the lives of your mother, father, sister, spouse, children.

Hey, I don't enjoy government interceding in my life. Common sense tells me to stay away from restaurants, gyms and churches. I would like to believe that we would never have to tell people to do this. But, the evidence to the contrary is overwhelming. This is not the first time the economy has put a lot of people out of work. It is very difficult and sad. I have seen it a couple different times in my life. In the past, there was no choice....the economy just fell apart and a lot of people suffered dearly. There was also no upside, like life.

I have maintained all along that many business like restaurants are doomed anyway. I believe they were from the beginning of this. The devastation of COVID is felt by all of us in a variety of ways. I don't think any of them are worse than the other.

I don't know what the best way to handle the spread of COVID is. But, I will always choose life over business. I honestly do not want anyone to suffer, in anyway. But, one can get a new job, a new relationship with God, a new buff body. Dead cannot get a new life. It is the ultimate harm.

Keeping the healthcare system running and viable to help sick people is paramount. If very ill people with COVID cannot get help......

I hope the people suffering economic hardships the best, as I do the cops, healthcare workers, essential retail folks. Their lives have been devastated as well. We all have a tendency to see our woes as the worst. But COVID is going to ultimately take a toll on a vast percentage of the population....whether the bars remains open, or not.
This is a much more thoughtful, logical and calm response than DDad deserves. Props for continually being a voice of reason on this board.

Old 11-17-2020, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
I did not suggest shutting them down. I suggested that it did not matter. People should be staying at home. To saves the lives of your potential customers. To save the lives of your mother, father, sister, spouse, children. .
Aren't we being a little melodramatic about a virus with a recovery rate between 97% and 99.75%?

Old 11-17-2020, 11:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
Do you have anything new to add to the discussion? We all understand the problems the shut downs create.
Do we? Because it seems that if we did, we wouldn't be so ok about doing it. I do agree that the schools should be going virtual at this point, and that churches need to remain closed or online.

Last edited by Discraft Dad; 11-17-2020 at 11:24 AM.
Closed Thread