Old 07-24-2020, 09:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.2
Courses Played: 248
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,329 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddL View Post
Don't worry about that. The BoD isn't stupid. The staff isn't stupid. Your local TD isn't stupid.
If there's no cell coverage, use paper. It'll be fine.
Every tournament, we make a point out of encouraging players to keep their own score on paper (really a good tournament player practice) and at least one member of the card to keep a redundant paper scorecard.
Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2020, 11:08 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 159 Times in 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Shotgun start. We debated long and hard about shotgun vs tee time start. Ultimately, we felt that we were taking on enough new processes to handle tee times efficiently. I think we made the right call. The fear of congregation was unfounded.
In my area tournaments seem to be going with tee times, and that is a welcome change for me. Random events have prevented me from playing them thus far, but the idea of tee times appeals to me much more than shotgun and will result in significantly increased tourney participation from myself. I agree that the COVID implications of tee times vs shotgun are way overblown, but as a person with many obligations and little free time I really like the benefits tee times have to offer.
Old 07-24-2020, 12:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25.2
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,669 Times in 1,073 Posts

I went back to running a shotgun start event last weekend as I had seen no evidence contra-indicating doing it. It went fine in terms of social distancing from my perspective. Players here have a grip plus they know I won't put up with more than a teensy weensy amount of BS. No meetings and behave during lunch.

It's a welcome change because I really hate running tee times.

Niced: (2)

Old 07-24-2020, 12:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.2
Courses Played: 248
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,329 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
I went back to running a shotgun start event last weekend as I had seen no evidence contra-indicating doing it. It went fine in terms of social distancing from my perspective. Players here have a grip plus they know I won't put up with more than a teensy weensy amount of BS. No meetings and behave during lunch.

It's a welcome change because I really hate running tee times.
We had concerns with tee times. We were worried that players with later start times would show up early (despite warnings), and also concerned that players with early start times would hang around.

A shotgun start with pre designated tee assignments and no tournament central or cards/board, worked well for us as well.