Old 07-16-2020, 12:19 AM

Niced 6 Times in 1 Post
Default Hello!

Hi all,

New player here from Vermont! Just played a few rounds at the end of last summer and really started getting into it this year. We've got a group of 4 of us and we're all pretty equally learning, unlearning, and re-learning things together. Looking forward to continuing my evolution!
Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2020, 12:03 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 185 Times in 109 Posts

Welcome and salutations. Having a group is probably the best way to play disc golf, but don't sleep on the joys of forging out alone into the wilderness, errr, rough.
Old 07-16-2020, 04:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.1
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 594 Times in 305 Posts

Vermont is my home state. I've been in Colorado for 26 years now, but I'll always consider myself a Vermonter.

Welcome to the addiction!
Old 07-16-2020, 10:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 12
Niced 554 Times in 387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGVT View Post
Hi all,

New player here from Vermont! Just played a few rounds at the end of last summer and really started getting into it this year. We've got a group of 4 of us and we're all pretty equally learning, unlearning, and re-learning things together. Looking forward to continuing my evolution!
Where in VT? I'm across the lake in NY, but I play some VT courses/tournaments.
Old 07-22-2020, 11:56 PM

Niced 6 Times in 1 Post

Thanks all! Appreciate the warm welcome.
Old 07-22-2020, 11:58 PM

Niced 6 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
Where in VT? I'm across the lake in NY, but I play some VT courses/tournaments.
Rutland County. Play mostly 2 local courses (Pittsford and Base Camp Outfitters - both very beginner friendly) and a 3rd one which is just 9 holes and just starting to find its legs. We are trying to find 1 day a week to travel to various courses around the state though just to have some fun! Which courses have you played on here?
Old 07-25-2020, 02:27 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 12
Niced 554 Times in 387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGVT View Post
Rutland County. Play mostly 2 local courses (Pittsford and Base Camp Outfitters - both very beginner friendly) and a 3rd one which is just 9 holes and just starting to find its legs. We are trying to find 1 day a week to travel to various courses around the state though just to have some fun! Which courses have you played on here?
Not many, but am looking to expand mostly through tournamnets, but played BCO back in 2015, and will be playing GMC in September. I usually play the BRO each year (started in 2017, missed 18, played the last 2 years) so I know Brewster Ridge and Fox Run pretty well (I can be seen on R3 of GMC coverage from 2019). I'm further north than you (Clinton/Essex counties) but maybe we'll run into each other at some point.

Two Waters in Ticonderoga and Hyzer Creek in the Saratoga area are semi-close to you and are both great courses in NY. There's nothing for courses AFAIK between you and I besides a course in Crown Point (I have yet to play it, but a local I trust says it's easy) other than Two Waters, until you get to Twin Ponds (Twin Ponds Open is later today [2:30 am local rn]) in Peru and Ausable Chasm which are the 2 closest courses to me.

Old 07-25-2020, 10:49 PM

Niced 6 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
Not many, but am looking to expand mostly through tournamnets, but played BCO back in 2015, and will be playing GMC in September. I usually play the BRO each year (started in 2017, missed 18, played the last 2 years) so I know Brewster Ridge and Fox Run pretty well (I can be seen on R3 of GMC coverage from 2019). I'm further north than you (Clinton/Essex counties) but maybe we'll run into each other at some point.

Two Waters in Ticonderoga and Hyzer Creek in the Saratoga area are semi-close to you and are both great courses in NY. There's nothing for courses AFAIK between you and I besides a course in Crown Point (I have yet to play it, but a local I trust says it's easy) other than Two Waters, until you get to Twin Ponds (Twin Ponds Open is later today [2:30 am local rn]) in Peru and Ausable Chasm which are the 2 closest courses to me.
That's awesome! We just played BCO today, fun course, and challenging for us still but we've gotten better each run through. We're going to be going to Smuggler's Notch soon and to play at Fox Run and Brewster Ridge. We are fulling expecting to get wrecked but looking forward to seeing a tournament course.

I'll take a look at those two in New York. Saratoga is about 1.5 hours from us, we don't mind traveling though for sure since everything is pretty spread out in Vermont. We're hoping the cold holds off so we can continue into the late fall months. Thanks for the suggestions!