Old 10-23-2019, 01:10 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
Niced 61 Times in 43 Posts

The funniest thing about this thread is people used to BEG for 3rd runs because they were beefier. Thats all anyone ever said about the PD. DM tried to listen to the people that BEGGED for a 3rd run replacement by ensuring the PD came out more OS and now people talk about the patent run or shield stamp run. For a while you could buy shield stamps (the straightest run of PD ever) for $15 while 3rd runs went for $35+. Moral of the story no matter how it comes out people are going to complain. If its OS they want the less stable version. If its less stable they want the more stable version
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 10-23-2019, 01:30 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,449 Times in 745 Posts

You can add P-Lines to that list. No one wanted them until they disappeared.

I'd hate to be a manufacturer. It really seems like you can't please anybody.

Old 10-23-2019, 01:35 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
You can add P-Lines to that list. No one wanted them until they disappeared.

I'd hate to be a manufacturer. It really seems like you can't please anybody.
I find it humorous at this point. Its like the blind leading the blind.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:42 PM

Courses Played: 22
Niced 12 Times in 9 Posts

I threw/throw both P-Lines and the under stable S-Lines. I bought 10 of the p-lines cause I heard they were going OOP. I assumed the S-Lines would stay consistent, never have I been so wrong.

I picked up PD's relatively late. Others picked them up earlier (1st, 2nd, 3d run). The flights are so different and so many people throw them that the if DM isn't make that type of PD, there is always going to be someone who isn't pleased with the flight and want "the other" PD. Those people who aren't pleased with the current run are often vocal about it.

The issue isn't people, it's consistency (or inconsistency) within the mold.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:46 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uphoric View Post
I threw/throw both P-Lines and the under stable S-Lines. I bought 10 of the p-lines cause I heard they were going OOP. I assumed the S-Lines would stay consistent, never have I been so wrong.

I picked up PD's relatively late. Others picked them up earlier (1st, 2nd, 3d run). The flights are so different and so many people throw them that the if DM isn't make that type of PD, there is always going to be someone who isn't pleased with the flight and want "the other" PD. Those people who aren't pleased with the current run are often vocal about it.

The mold is now coming out OS which is what people asked for for years. That's not a consistency issue that's a group of people asking for something then being upset with the outcome. My guess is most guys that find the PD too OS would have better luck with a RR FD2 since they could actually get it up to speed.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-23-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzle34 View Post
The mold is now coming out OS which is what people asked for for years. That's not a consistency issue that's a group of people asking for something then being upset with the outcome. My guess is most guys that find the PD too OS would have better luck with a RR FD2 since they could actually get it up to speed.

If PD's (or any other mold) were consistent there wouldn't be a divide in the people who use them.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:08 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,449 Times in 745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uphoric View Post

And yet it's never the 1000+ rated players (the ones who actually throw far and consistently enough to actually gauge consistency) that are complaining.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-23-2019, 02:17 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
And yet it's never the 1000+ rated players (the ones who actually throw far and consistently enough to actually gauge consistency) that are complaining.
Precisely! Its the guys that have little to no business throwing them in the first place. The average player has little to no use for a PD until it is beat senseless which isn't the purpose of the mold. I carry 2 PD and they are by far the least thrown disc in my bag. I reach for my FD2 and FD3 about 5x as often because they aren't tweener molds.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:57 PM

Quote:
I'm not complaining,

I'm stating that if the mold were consistent then people wouldn't expect them to be more or less stable.

Old 10-23-2019, 04:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 521 Times in 298 Posts

Quote:
It really seems like you can't please anybody.
Unless it is the same people complaining about each version I think it is safe to say people are being pleased, they are quietly happy. You can't please everyone which is always more true.

If DM decided to ensure they are producing beefier PDs then I would assume they sell better.