#4061  
Old 10-24-2019, 10:44 AM
tbird888's Avatar
tbird888 tbird888 is offline
Salient Disc Test Team
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Blue Ash, OH
Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 16,638
Niced 1,450 Times in 746 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uphoric View Post
I feel like you're getting a bit salty and I'm not trying to be combative.

Those aren't complaints that's just how it is. If the mold was consistent there wouldn't be discussion about the flight differences between the runs. I think this is backed up by the fact that Simon/Eagle throw 2nd (1st?) run PD's because they like that variation of PD. I think Eagle has held on to one PD for 2 or three bags now because he likes that specific run/disc so much.

I'm not speaking for the majority or minority of players because I can't. I'm not Simon or Eagle or 1000 rated. I don't throw 500 ft. I use them for distances between 350 and 380 feet with pretty good form. I can't throw the newer runs that far because they're too over stable for my arm speed.

The 3 P-Line and 4 S-Line PD's I have are from 2017.
I bought 10 more P-Line PD's in February of this year and they're a little more stable but still have some turn.
I bought the newer run S-lines a couple months ago (August maybe) and they're super over stable.
I know you're not going to believe me when I tell you this, but you've just described every mold ever made. They're all inconsistent. The only reason PDs are so documented is because they were adopted from the beginning by the nerds at DGR who over-analyzed everything.

First Runs are generally considered to be the model for how a mold should fly. FR PDs are stupid beefy. If PDs are too overstable for you, have you considered trying a different mold instead of looking for anomalies? There are so many options available that mold loyalty is as much of a hindrance as brand loyalty without sponsorship.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #4062  
Old 10-24-2019, 10:57 AM
elmexdela elmexdela is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 219
Posts: 8,174
Niced 1,989 Times in 1,145 Posts
Default

also td came out as laser straight then some runs later and you had some that were glideless os duds and some that turned like a beat dx valk

find that run you love and buy a ton of them
Reply With Quote
  #4063  
Old 10-24-2019, 01:56 PM
ILUVSMGS18 ILUVSMGS18 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Keeseville, NY
Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 1,694
Niced 447 Times in 325 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
I know you're not going to believe me when I tell you this, but you've just described every mold ever made. They're all inconsistent. The only reason PDs are so documented is because they were adopted from the beginning by the nerds at DGR who over-analyzed everything.

First Runs are generally considered to be the model for how a mold should fly. FR PDs are stupid beefy. If PDs are too overstable for you, have you considered trying a different mold instead of looking for anomalies? There are so many options available that mold loyalty is as much of a hindrance as brand loyalty without sponsorship.
Nothing flies quite like a perfectly seasoned P-PD or S-PD. Trust me I've tried to find it again.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #4064  
Old 10-24-2019, 01:58 PM
tbird888's Avatar
tbird888 tbird888 is offline
Salient Disc Test Team
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Blue Ash, OH
Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 16,638
Niced 1,450 Times in 746 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
Nothing flies quite like a perfectly seasoned P-PD or S-PD. Trust me I've tried to find it again.
Totally agree. There's a big difference between a fresh PD and a seasoned one though. I have a feeling that since it takes so long to get a PD to that point, most people forget just how beefy they start.
Reply With Quote
  #4065  
Old 10-24-2019, 04:09 PM
Mizzoutiger26's Avatar
Mizzoutiger26 Mizzoutiger26 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 25
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've been out of the disc golf scene for probably 3-4 years now and just returned this summer. Can anyone point me to a guide for what a shield stamp PD, penned PD, etc. means or explain? Or should I just work my way through this entire thread? I only ask because I have like 20 PD's and now I'm not sure what's what or how to tell.
Reply With Quote
  #4066  
Old 10-24-2019, 04:50 PM
tbird888's Avatar
tbird888 tbird888 is offline
Salient Disc Test Team
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Blue Ash, OH
Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 16,638
Niced 1,450 Times in 746 Posts
Default

Shield stamp = Second run of S-Line. Instead of having the freak stamp like we got for years in the US, it had the cleaner text stamp. This run was not nearly as beefy and were highly regarded for being long and glidey without needing to be seasoned for a while.
Penned PD = if the weight and mold name was written in pen, it's a penned PD. Innova switched over to embossing the mold names not long ago so if you haven't bought any new PDs since you've been back, yours are penned.
CFR = First run of C-Line PD. Easily identified as having patent number tooling. Most of these were CFR stamped but some were mixed into the first stock stamp release. Patent numbers = the business!

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #4067  
Old 10-24-2019, 05:28 PM
The Albatross's Avatar
The Albatross The Albatross is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Spokane, WA
Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,405
Niced 338 Times in 170 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
CFR = First run of C-Line PD. Easily identified as having patent number tooling. Most of these were CFR stamped but some were mixed into the first stock stamp release. Patent numbers = the business!
All correct. I will add that CFR means it's a "Fund Raiser" stamp. There have been many CFR discs, these were just a particularly special run.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #4068  
Old 10-24-2019, 06:46 PM
tbird888's Avatar
tbird888 tbird888 is offline
Salient Disc Test Team
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Blue Ash, OH
Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 16,638
Niced 1,450 Times in 746 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albatross View Post
All correct. I will add that CFR means it's a "Fund Raiser" stamp. There have been many CFR discs, these were just a particularly special run.
The patent numbers are what's important with them. No other run has them making them easily identified. I just don't like calling them first runs because they're more like pre-release.

Reply With Quote
  #4069  
Old 10-24-2019, 09:38 PM
Mizzoutiger26's Avatar
Mizzoutiger26 Mizzoutiger26 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 25
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Gotcha, thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote
 

  #4070  
Old 10-25-2019, 10:26 AM
ArtemisClydFr0g ArtemisClydFr0g is online now
Par Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Courses Played: 16
Posts: 130
Niced 41 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
also td came out as laser straight then some runs later and you had some that were glideless os duds and some that turned like a beat dx valk

find that run you love and buy a ton of them
Haha, I have one of those beef TDs and actually use it in what should be my "straight PD" slot. I was pretty disappointed when I first got it, but glad it's found some use.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fairway Driver That Can Handle Power? MikeM Discs 46 04-25-2015 04:23 PM
G-Line PD Freak (Power Driver) Flip Hyzerman Discs 16 09-02-2014 11:50 AM
DISCMANIA POWER DRIVER 2 Daisuke The Marketplace 2 02-16-2014 12:25 PM
First run Power Driver.....$7 JustSayin' The Marketplace 3 09-20-2011 12:31 PM
Low Power Headwind Driver hendersondayton Discs 47 04-13-2011 12:26 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.