Old 10-29-2019, 01:36 PM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meillo View Post
Thanks for the explanation. It makes more sense now. What you tell now is much better than what your first post looked like!

Try to focus on your main discs (which doesn't mean you shouldn't throw your other discs as second shots as well). Less discs means more shots with each of them, means learning to know them better faster. For many players it's better to use a disc you know well and used on previous shots than a less known disc that might be a bit better suited for the shot.

If you want to correct the possible OAT in your throwing form, you need to practice with understable discs, because they show the error, whereas your overstable discs will hide it. (In tournament, use the discs that work best, but for practice try to improve your form.)
Awesome, thanks for your help. I'll try to practice more with my understable discs and correct some flaws in my form. Currently I get a fairly clean release, little to no wobble. I think I mainly struggle with nose up flights and therefore I stall them out before they can reach their max distance.

What distance should I be getting out of the Getaway/Felon? I know inbounds has them both around the 350' distance.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2019, 07:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,347 Times in 1,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcskinny14 View Post
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Zone: 220/250'; Emac Truth: 230/260'; Getaway: 300/320'

Bag:
Main Drivers used:
Lucid Getaway 166
Lucid Getaway 173
x2 Lucid Felon 173
Lucid Trespass 174

Other Drivers in the bag
VIP Giant 173
Lucid Enforcer 173
Opto Bolt 172
Z fly dye Avenger SS 173
Prime burst Maverick 170

Midranges:
Emac Truth 172
Biofuzion Justice 174
Fuzion burst Warrant 172

Putter & Approach:
BT soft Harp
z Zone
Classic Blend Deputy
My 2 cents:

Drop "Other Drivers in the Bag" and the Trespass. They are too fast for you to get much use out of right now. The Getaway and Felon are Speed 9/10 discs...I think you'd benefit from something slower and more neutral to add to your main drivers...maybe a Maverick? (I had to look it up...I'm not familiar with DD's recent releases).

I'd pick one from the Zone/Harp/Justice and I'd lean towards Zone/Harp. I find that the OS putter is much more useful than a faster OS midrange.

If there is a pretty decent stability gap between a Verdict and your EMac Truth, go ahead and add it.

Those are just my thoughts

Niced: (2)
Old 11-02-2019, 01:36 AM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,207 Times in 1,622 Posts

Based on what I've read in the thread so far, here are my $0.02 suggestions:
1. Work on form. Take that Deputy to the range (schoolyard or other field) and work on throwing it as dead straight as you can. If it's turning over, try to get rid of the "wrist roll". I do this with a Nova, but since you have a Deputy, use it.
2. Drivers: leave one at home when you go to play a round. If you really miss it, put it back in the bag and take another one out. If you don't really miss it, consider keeping it out. If a driver is not giving you significant distance or advantage over other discs, consider not keeping it in the bag.
3. Are the Harp and Zone redundant? And is the Justice redundant with them? Over time you might find you don't really need both, but if you're using both then keep bagging them both.
Old 11-02-2019, 05:00 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3
Niced 225 Times in 147 Posts

The method you listed as number 2 (Take one out and see if you miss it) can be helpful. A more fundamental perspective on the topic is taken in this article: https://mindbodydisc.com/disc-golf-b...n-subtraction/

In addition, read this great one: https://mindbodydisc.com/your-starting-lineup/
(There's a lot of wisdom to be found on mindbodydisc.com!)

Old 11-04-2019, 02:58 PM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Based on what I've read in the thread so far, here are my $0.02 suggestions:
1. Work on form. Take that Deputy to the range (schoolyard or other field) and work on throwing it as dead straight as you can. If it's turning over, try to get rid of the "wrist roll". I do this with a Nova, but since you have a Deputy, use it.
2. Drivers: leave one at home when you go to play a round. If you really miss it, put it back in the bag and take another one out. If you don't really miss it, consider keeping it out. If a driver is not giving you significant distance or advantage over other discs, consider not keeping it in the bag.
3. Are the Harp and Zone redundant? And is the Justice redundant with them? Over time you might find you don't really need both, but if you're using both then keep bagging them both.
Good thoughts. I keep both in bag because of the different plastics. The harp sticks (bt soft) while the zone skips (actually just replaced the zone with a gorgeous lucid-x suspect because I liked it).