Old 10-23-2019, 10:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 5
Niced 797 Times in 555 Posts

Hey that awesome man!!!! I hadn't heard ab out that and before I forget the golf course here is disc friendly at least for the winter Sunday thru Thursday after 1pm yield to golfers!

THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!! Disc golf play will be available Sundays thru Thursday after 1pm at Pender Island Golf and Country Club. $5 green fee. Honour box in effect outside the pro shop. Course layout will be posted soon! Yield to golfers please! Pack it in, pack it out��

From Golf Island Disc Park Facebook page..
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-24-2019, 12:44 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 41.6
Courses Played: 1418
Niced 178 Times in 63 Posts

Hello Canadian Disc Golfers.

I keep waiting for Hillcrest DGC to get one more review and become the # 1 rated course in the world. I’ve played Flip City and I’ve played Harmony Bends and I happen to think that Hillcrest compares favorable. There must be one of you up there who played in the Canadian Nationals there who would be up to writing a glorious review for it.

Niced: (3)
Old 10-24-2019, 03:08 AM
* Ace Member *

I haven't played it yet.. Raptors Knoll is the next one I want to check out.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:17 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 67 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU View Post
the white and red maple leaf flag one?

pure monstrosity?

that would be Gatzke
He was the only out of town player to come support my first tourney and also the only pro. Took me out to dinner afterward actually - Big fan of him and his cart lol Does a lot for the DG community around AB, just as many of the other dedicated players in the area do. We're truly blessed here with some dedicated people working to "grow the sport".

Just avoid the topic of climate change or you may be in for some lively discussion lol.

Old 11-05-2019, 09:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocrefellow View Post
He was the only out of town player to come support my first tourney and also the only pro. Took me out to dinner afterward actually - Big fan of him and his cart lol Does a lot for the DG community around AB, just as many of the other dedicated players in the area do. We're truly blessed here with some dedicated people working to "grow the sport".

Just avoid the topic of climate change or you may be in for some lively discussion lol.
Yeah Alberta is like that.. Pretty conservative, pretty cold too they won't notice climate change until it's too hot to grow Rye. Fun place though it's like Texas without the modesty.

I lived out there in the days of King Ralph it's refreshing not pandering to special interest groups and political correctness I feel like sometimes in BC there are lots of people "more equal" than I am.

Did you ever get your hands on one of those Craves?
Old 11-05-2019, 12:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 29
Niced 39 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Valkyrie Kid View Post
Hello Canadian Disc Golfers.

I keep waiting for Hillcrest DGC to get one more review and become the # 1 rated course in the world. I’ve played Flip City and I’ve played Harmony Bends and I happen to think that Hillcrest compares favorable. There must be one of you up there who played in the Canadian Nationals there who would be up to writing a glorious review for it.
I've been to Nationals this year and last year and went to play Hillcrest years ago shortly after it opened.

I should probably go write a review. It really is an absolutely amazing course.

Old 11-05-2019, 02:45 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1
Courses Played: 2
Niced 67 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Yeah Alberta is like that.. Pretty conservative, pretty cold too they won't notice climate change until it's too hot to grow Rye. Fun place though it's like Texas without the modesty.

I lived out there in the days of King Ralph it's refreshing not pandering to special interest groups and political correctness I feel like sometimes in BC there are lots of people "more equal" than I am.

Did you ever get your hands on one of those Craves?
Uhm No I ordered a regular eclipse one not the SE so should be here in a week or so since Im just getting around to paying him lol
Old 11-05-2019, 07:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.6
Courses Played: 154
Niced 635 Times in 265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
Cedar hill open happening in Victoria this Saturday! We got a chance to host this tourney on cedar hill golf course in town. First time ever for discs flying on site there. If all goes well this could be a huge deal for the Disc golf scene in Victoria with hopes of a gold level permanent course nearby. Fingers crossed!
Good luck! Around 10 years ago or so we took the Coho over from Port Angeles when I lived there, then took a bus to a course I saw listed somewhere (maybe the defunct Northwest Disc Golfers page). I think it was near Langford or Colwood? Got there and a parks guy told me the course had been pulled like a year previous. That was disappointing. I also remember hearing about an object course in a park in Victoria and they were using some old totem poles as targets. That got shut down lightning-quick, as it should have.

Old 11-05-2019, 08:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmonty View Post
Good luck! Around 10 years ago or so we took the Coho over from Port Angeles when I lived there, then took a bus to a course I saw listed somewhere (maybe the defunct Northwest Disc Golfers page). I think it was near Langford or Colwood? Got there and a parks guy told me the course had been pulled like a year previous. That was disappointing. I also remember hearing about an object course in a park in Victoria and they were using some old totem poles as targets. That got shut down lightning-quick, as it should have.
Shoulda made the jump to Pender bud.. Leave your good DX at home and bring mids and putters, one or two drivers.. We've been here for over thirty years and we're always open

That was the Juan de Fuca course, I've heard great things but it was in an area with endangered Oak trees or some crap.. I never got the chance either. Leaves me out of some of the old timey conversations.

Old 11-06-2019, 01:47 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 240 Times in 160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmonty View Post
It’s come a long ways, but there still needs more love in Victoria for the DG scene. We have a few legit courses now, metchosin golf course has baskets in the ground now. Mary’s farm is a private course open on the weekends. We have a renegade style tonal course out at mill stream too.

But like I say to anybody. If you want the ultimate Canadian PNW disc golf experience. You gotta hit up pender island. Lots of Americans travel there for a reason. Pretty magic!