Old 10-15-2019, 01:32 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anyone know if the Aviar3 was released this year or last year as a Halloween disc? I bought a black DX Halloween Aviar this weekend with a large copper pumpkin on it, and it was marked "Aviar 3" on the sticker. It's flat on top, so I assumed it was correct (btw, this is the first time I've looked at the Aviar3). BUT, I can't find anywhere online stating the Aviar3 was ever a Halloween disc. Also, this has a tooled "AVIAR" on the back. Does the Aviar3 have that, or does it actually say "AVIAR3"?

TIA.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2019, 04:52 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 41 Times in 35 Posts

Mine are embossed "AVIAR3."

I came here to say that I finally played a round at my local course using only the Aviar3. I love my Soft P2, but on longer approaches it doesn't have a reliable fade. That straight finish is nice for some shots, but I was looking for something that will check up and fade a little more when thrown with some power.

I took a 171g Star, 172g puddle top XT, and 175g DX Aviar3 out and drove with all 3, then approached with all 3 from my best lie. The Star had been used for a few rounds and the others were brand new, but I'd say all 3 were pretty consistent. I like how I can put some power on them, get a little flip-up or turn, but still see them flatten out and fade at the very end of the flight. Because they have less glide than my P2, I was definitely conscious of my height after a couple bad shots. If anything it was helping me improve on that aspect of my game, which is sometimes a problem for me.

Now I just need to decide which one should make the bag!
Old 11-07-2019, 08:17 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 790 Times in 670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtemisClydFr0g View Post
Mine are embossed "AVIAR3."

I came here to say that I finally played a round at my local course using only the Aviar3. I love my Soft P2, but on longer approaches it doesn't have a reliable fade. That straight finish is nice for some shots, but I was looking for something that will check up and fade a little more when thrown with some power.

I took a 171g Star, 172g puddle top XT, and 175g DX Aviar3 out and drove with all 3, then approached with all 3 from my best lie. The Star had been used for a few rounds and the others were brand new, but I'd say all 3 were pretty consistent. I like how I can put some power on them, get a little flip-up or turn, but still see them flatten out and fade at the very end of the flight. Because they have less glide than my P2, I was definitely conscious of my height after a couple bad shots. If anything it was helping me improve on that aspect of my game, which is sometimes a problem for me.

Now I just need to decide which one should make the bag!
In limited runs on the Innova Disc Golf Pro shop they make in the limited Section the Aviar 3 in KC Pro. Just saying if you like that plastic. And the old McPro with the Aviar 3 is the Tour series disc now.

Old 11-21-2019, 04:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,507 Times in 861 Posts

Has anyone thrown the new XXL stamp Luster?

Is it as OS as some of the old Luster was?