#1401  
Old 11-10-2019, 10:05 PM
VictorB's Avatar
VictorB VictorB is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Madison, WI
Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,909
Niced 1,140 Times in 573 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
does it chunk up just like the regular jb

would you consider the ct jb to beat to flippy or too early to tell yet

any rim bend in the ct jb
Yes

Hard to tell, lost 1 and hit a rock with 1, which never flew right after that

Yes, after blasting a tree about 40' in front of me
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1402  
Old 11-10-2019, 10:15 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 219
Posts: 8,145
Niced 1,970 Times in 1,133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
Yes

Hard to tell, lost 1 and hit a rock with 1, which never flew right after that

Yes, after blasting a tree about 40' in front of me
ahh true thats what i was afraid of

thank you for the honest feedback

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1403  
Old 11-10-2019, 10:16 PM
Treeknuckle Treeknuckle is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 126
Niced 38 Times in 26 Posts
Default

It's like they copied the Pure white plastic from Gateway essentially. I haven't spiked into many trees with it, but the one I've thrown seemingly holds up decently on desert courses in AZ.

My well used one has lost a bit of fade and will hyzer flip a bit but always comes back. Pretty good glide and distance, moreso than a Z, but not quite as much fade either unless right out of the box unthrown.

I'd love it if it were $10-$12 and I would (maybe) cycle em at that price, the plastic is stiff and wonderfully grippy. But at $19.99, I'm not super geeked on em.



Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #1404  
Old 11-10-2019, 10:22 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 219
Posts: 8,145
Niced 1,970 Times in 1,133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeknuckle View Post
It's like they copied the Pure white plastic from Gateway essentially. I haven't spiked into many trees with it, but the one I've thrown seemingly holds up decently on desert courses in AZ.

My well used one has lost a bit of fade and will hyzer flip a bit but always comes back. Pretty good glide and distance, moreso than a Z, but not quite as much fade either unless right out of the box unthrown.

I'd love it if it were $10-$12 and I would (maybe) cycle em at that price, the plastic is stiff and wonderfully grippy. But at $19.99, I'm not super geeked on em.



Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
yeah im not buying a $20 disc when it eventually looks like pro d

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #1405  
Old 11-10-2019, 10:23 PM
NotHarambe NotHarambe is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 60
Niced 31 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
Yes



Hard to tell, lost 1 and hit a rock with 1, which never flew right after that



Yes, after blasting a tree about 40' in front of me
This was my experience too. Mine came down on an angle onto a brick or cinder block and took a good 1" gouge out the rim and bent it pretty good. The plus was that it was laser straight after that but not what I wanted after paying near $23 for it

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #1406  
Old 11-13-2019, 12:56 PM
Alexplz's Avatar
Alexplz Alexplz is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 1,521
Niced 536 Times in 343 Posts
Default

Funny how 141 pages later we still just have Z wasps getting molded every once in a while, and a smattering of other nonsense plastics that taco upon contact with a tree.

They found the time to make Ti Stings but no Ti Wasps?? That's just one example of many. DC, put the Wasp mold in the machine and pump some premium plastic into it not called Z.

Reply With Quote
  #1407  
Old 11-13-2019, 01:46 PM
MANBURGARLAR's Avatar
MANBURGARLAR MANBURGARLAR is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 509
Niced 239 Times in 159 Posts
Default

No Ti forces. No esp or Ti wasps. Yet the zombee, archer and the sting comes in more plastic choices. Da heck Discraft??

Reply With Quote
  #1408  
Old 11-13-2019, 01:54 PM
Treeknuckle Treeknuckle is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 126
Niced 38 Times in 26 Posts
Default

I think the solution here is for one of us Wasp enthusiasts to get on Paul McBeth's level of skill and popularity in the Disc Golf community. Then, that person can tell Discraft of their absurd mistreatment of the Wasp.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #1409  
Old 11-13-2019, 02:10 PM
tbird888's Avatar
tbird888 tbird888 is offline
Salient Disc Test Team
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Blue Ash, OH
Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 16,632
Niced 1,448 Times in 744 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Funny how 141 pages later we still just have Z wasps getting molded every once in a while, and a smattering of other nonsense plastics that taco upon contact with a tree.

They found the time to make Ti Stings but no Ti Wasps?? That's just one example of many. DC, put the Wasp mold in the machine and pump some premium plastic into it not called Z.
You know why ESP Comets exist in stock form? Because when they were released in LE ESP, they sold out quickly. No one complained about the $20 price tag because everyone was too busy stocking up.

You know why Wasps only come in Z? Because people don't want to pay a premium for special runs. Over the years, Discraft has sold Wasps in the plastics you desire and more. No one has bought them. That's kind of funny because Wasps can spend years in your bag but an extra $5 seems to be too much to bear.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #1410  
Old 11-13-2019, 02:32 PM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,615
Niced 1,160 Times in 666 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
No Ti forces. No esp or Ti wasps. Yet the zombee, archer and the sting comes in more plastic choices. Da heck Discraft??
The Ti Sting is simply awesome. I never plan to buy it in any other plastic.

I could see a run of X Wasps being worth it for cycling, but I really don't see the value of other plastics due to demand(Z is just so awesome).

If we are really serious about a limited run of another plastic, how many discs are required for a special run? If someone could get an agreement, a kickstarter campaign could be a way to raise the funds to get run produced.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
76 Disc, OOP, PFN, FR, SE, & throwers:Bullet Aviar DGA Buzzz Wasp FR-P2 Hornet Escape spahnandsain The Marketplace 16 04-13-2015 01:47 PM
Discraft Throwers - DGCR Discount, Buzzz, Comet, Wasp, Pred, Avenger steinkecm The Marketplace 0 01-19-2015 08:36 PM
New Dx Teebirds, Gummy Leopard/Beast throwers, Wasp Tooled Buzzz thrower MNThrower The Marketplace 11 01-06-2014 07:49 PM
All sorts: F2s Lat/WS, Z Banger, TI Wasp, Tern, Wasp McBurdy The Marketplace 16 05-05-2013 03:03 PM
pro d wasp, esp wasp, old stamp z wasp - ALL NEW - End Time July 10th 10:00 PM EST Plankeye DGCR Auctions 2 07-10-2012 09:08 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.