#3341  
Old 11-06-2019, 01:50 PM
MANBURGARLAR's Avatar
MANBURGARLAR MANBURGARLAR is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 511
Niced 240 Times in 160 Posts
Default

Any off season plans MJ? Sticking close to home I bet. Testing out new molds for fun? Any non-DG related activities going on?
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #3342  
Old 11-10-2019, 10:25 PM
Frolf Lundgren Frolf Lundgren is online now
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 5
Niced 6 Times in 1 Post
Default

MJ! Thanks for showing what can be done with a comet. Had my best tournament finish last weekend using a comet and a flippy soft magnet for 90% of my shots.

Any insight on if there’s a way to get comets in tackier plastic? My hands are super dry and finicky, craving something like the feel of FLX now that the temp has dropped.
Reply With Quote
  #3343  
Old 11-10-2019, 10:46 PM
R-Ogre's Avatar
R-Ogre R-Ogre is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Juneau, AK
Posts: 374
Niced 458 Times in 172 Posts
Default

I found an MJ/meatball comet in a gorgeous pink/orange color that I just couldn’t live without. Doesn’t look like the 19s I’ve seen online. Is it older?

Last edited by R-Ogre; 11-10-2019 at 10:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3344  
Old 11-13-2019, 03:29 PM
mj20300 mj20300 is offline
.:Discraft Pro Michael Johansen:.
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: denver,nc
Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 162
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,504
Niced 1,345 Times in 203 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
do you throw the Sting ever or at all? I think I mixed up the Sol and Sting on another post.
I actually use the sting quite a lot. Throw them like I would use a super flippy comet shot, but goes a farther and gets there a bit quicker. Plus it's become my trick shot and roller disc for getting out of sketchy spots on the course

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #3345  
Old 11-13-2019, 03:30 PM
mj20300 mj20300 is offline
.:Discraft Pro Michael Johansen:.
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: denver,nc
Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 162
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,504
Niced 1,345 Times in 203 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
Any off season plans MJ? Sticking close to home I bet. Testing out new molds for fun? Any non-DG related activities going on?
All of the above! Mostly enjoying some time away from competing and getting into better shape again.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #3346  
Old 11-13-2019, 03:32 PM
mj20300 mj20300 is offline
.:Discraft Pro Michael Johansen:.
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: denver,nc
Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 162
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,504
Niced 1,345 Times in 203 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolf Lundgren View Post
MJ! Thanks for showing what can be done with a comet. Had my best tournament finish last weekend using a comet and a flippy soft magnet for 90% of my shots.

Any insight on if there’s a way to get comets in tackier plastic? My hands are super dry and finicky, craving something like the feel of FLX now that the temp has dropped.
The regular esp plastic is generally grippier than the rest of the normal production runs of comets. Not sure that they have made flx comets much
Reply With Quote
  #3347  
Old 11-13-2019, 03:32 PM
mj20300 mj20300 is offline
.:Discraft Pro Michael Johansen:.
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: denver,nc
Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 162
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,504
Niced 1,345 Times in 203 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Ogre View Post
I found an MJ/meatball comet in a gorgeous pink/orange color that I just couldn’t live without. Doesn’t look like the 19s I’ve seen online. Is it older?
One of the ones with the old comet stamp on it?
Reply With Quote
  #3348  
Old 11-13-2019, 06:30 PM
R-Ogre's Avatar
R-Ogre R-Ogre is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Juneau, AK
Posts: 374
Niced 458 Times in 172 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj20300 View Post
One of the ones with the old comet stamp on it?
Yeah, the old stamp and your signature. It claims to be glow ESP but I certainly wouldn’t throw it in a glow round. Gorgeous disc, can’t wait to throw it.
Reply With Quote
  #3349  
Old 11-13-2019, 07:38 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,781
Niced 795 Times in 674 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj20300 View Post
I actually use the sting quite a lot. Throw them like I would use a super flippy comet shot, but goes a farther and gets there a bit quicker. Plus it's become my trick shot and roller disc for getting out of sketchy spots on the course
That is helpful, I use an Archer for rollers and right shots since I do not have a forehand and am right handed. I find a disc that is understable great for both rollers and the dreaded right shots. I have another disc for right shots but it is not a Discraft disc. The Most used disc in my bag is the Impact due to how the mold hits that distance gap for me that midrange and fairway driver as well as the longer tight straight gap shot in the woods.
Reply With Quote
 

  #3350  
Old 11-14-2019, 03:03 PM
mj20300 mj20300 is offline
.:Discraft Pro Michael Johansen:.
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: denver,nc
Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 162
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,504
Niced 1,345 Times in 203 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Ogre View Post
Yeah, the old stamp and your signature. It claims to be glow ESP but I certainly wouldn’t throw it in a glow round. Gorgeous disc, can’t wait to throw it.
Only a 100 of those with that stamp. Nice and stable for a comet too

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Comet love? Scoot_er Discs 2946 12-09-2019 02:16 PM
COMET LOVE! fullnelson The Marketplace 4 01-30-2016 02:47 PM
3 Pearly Viking & an ORC Cystall Buzz 12x Roc SOLF Comet Wizard & E*DS Eco81 The Marketplace 17 11-19-2012 10:39 PM
LOVE THE ESP COMET!!!! dkoz Discs 1 05-23-2011 11:33 AM
Love my comet, would a Roadrunner be a good choice? RoundWounds Discs 21 05-07-2011 02:44 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.