Old 10-10-2019, 02:04 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 319 Times in 201 Posts

This one is for you Streets,
Round at Spilman, knocking the rust off some after playing like twice the last month. Shot a 48 somehow...

400g F3
ESP Comet
400g PA4

Then the non-streets approved 5x PA3 - my putting needs work and no practice like in game practice.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-11-2019, 10:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,347 Times in 1,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasissouth View Post
This one is for you Streets,
Round at Spilman, knocking the rust off some after playing like twice the last month. Shot a 48 somehow...

400g F3
ESP Comet
400g PA4

Then the non-streets approved 5x PA3 - my putting needs work and no practice like in game practice.
Lol I always approve of putting practice
Old 10-12-2019, 11:35 AM
Eagle Member

A round with a couple friends and one's father at Burke Lake park. Flicked in a Breaker for my second ace on hole 1, which was pretty fun, even if it's like 200' max. Hit the cage with a PA4 on hole 10. I mostly threw PA4's Breakers and Comets with one F1 throw and one F3 throw.

I gotta say I think watching Eagle and Simon sometimes I can lose track of how much of a benefit raw strength can be.

My friend doesn't play very much, hasn't watched much when it comes to correct form or anything. But he is a Olympic-hopeful pole vaulter. I gave him two pointers (hold the disc away to not round, power from the hips) and he was immediately crushing. I think if I had a month to teach him the finer points he could probably throw 500'. He is like 6'2.5" with big hands and does a lot of power lifting and fast twitch work.

Old 10-20-2019, 09:48 PM
Eagle Member

Rockland is in pretty bad shape, 6 blue is unplayable with a tree across the fairway and other holes have trees down all over the place, but a friend and I played 27 holes there Friday anyway.
Took out all drivers but a D1 with some turn and a Wraith.
Added in a more stable Comet and an M1. I forgot how enjoyable the M1 is to throw, it's pretty overstable, and fairly overstable mids aren't a slot I need a lot, but it does come in handy.

Then Jack and I played some doubles at Lake Ridge on Saturday. We came in 3rd in MA2, but we basically lost 3 strokes on a tee shot of mine we couldn't find that ended up being hung in a tree. Those 3 strokes would have put us in first
For that I bagged the normal set up, back to just 2 mids. The new F3 I got fits the bill for what I was looking for, holds turnovers, can hyzerflip, just overall good. I bagged some extra D1s for that event, in case it was windy, but the course didn't play like a big hyzer ball golf course, so that was fun. Thanks Biscoe
Old 11-11-2019, 01:13 PM
Eagle Member

Bag from the NoVa Monthly worked well and is set for Duck Golf 37. I've noticed recently for D1's a good indicator of initial stability, in addition to PLH, is the top wing. More OS D1's will have kind of a dip in the top wing, where less OS D1's are straight in that area. The newer stamp 450G and 750G D1's I have are all straight top wings and have some flight to them.

3x D1's (OS to Straight to Bomber)
2x Wraiths (Straighter for distance forehands, flippy for big distance anny shots)
Star Starfire
400 H1 (I threw my sexton firebird in a pond, just trying this out for now. Might switch back to a luster firebird for Duck Golf)
Opto Trident (Most FH, goes sneaky long actually. Newer metal flake opto ones from infinite are perfect Tridents)
700 F1 (straight to fade FW)
2x F2 (one straight, one OMG flippy)
400 F3 (hyzer flips, slight turnovers)
M2 (old reliable)
2x Comet (Got a free beat to **** Z Comet that's flippier than my usual ESP, need more work with it to get consistent)
3x PA4 (300 is relegated to short up duties as it nears unpredictability, 400G is straight line goodness, 750 has a lil extra stability to it.)
Breaker
Stego
2x PA3
Old 11-11-2019, 01:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,143 Times in 892 Posts

Quote:
Bag from the NoVa Monthly worked well and is set for Duck Golf 37. I've noticed recently for D1's a good indicator of initial stability, in addition to PLH, is the top wing. More OS D1's will have kind of a dip in the top wing, where less OS D1's are straight in that area. The newer stamp 450G and 750G D1's I have are all straight top wings and have some flight to them.
Works for all Prodigy drivers. The more pronounced that seam the more OS it is going to be.
Old 11-11-2019, 02:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,347 Times in 1,815 Posts

Quote:
3x D1's (OS to Straight to Bomber)
2x Wraiths (Straighter for distance forehands, flippy for big distance anny shots)
Star Starfire
400 H1 (I threw my sexton firebird in a pond, just trying this out for now. Might switch back to a luster firebird for Duck Golf)
Opto Trident (Most FH, goes sneaky long actually. Newer metal flake opto ones from infinite are perfect Tridents)
700 F1 (straight to fade FW)
2x F2 (one straight, one OMG flippy)
400 F3 (hyzer flips, slight turnovers)
M2 (old reliable)
2x Comet (Got a free beat to **** Z Comet that's flippier than my usual ESP, need more work with it to get consistent)
3x PA4 (300 is relegated to short up duties as it nears unpredictability, 400G is straight line goodness, 750 has a lil extra stability to it.)
Breaker
Stego
2x PA3
I hate I've never commented in your thread before as we are both middling MA2s

And sorry if this has been answered previously, but I haven't read through the thread and these are just my thoughts:

Isn't there a lot of overlap between D1s, Wraiths and a Starfire? Same question with H1/Trident. Have you tried the PA3 for throwing...seems alot of Prodigy guys like putting and throwing that mold. Having thrown the Stego and Breaker...I can see why you'd bag both so not going to go there.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:08 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I hate I've never commented in your thread before as we are both middling MA2s

And sorry if this has been answered previously, but I haven't read through the thread and these are just my thoughts:

Isn't there a lot of overlap between D1s, Wraiths and a Starfire? Same question with H1/Trident. Have you tried the PA3 for throwing...seems alot of Prodigy guys like putting and throwing that mold. Having thrown the Stego and Breaker...I can see why you'd bag both so not going to go there.
There is definitely some overlap. I could absolutely throw in a Glow or MF Wraith and go with an all Wraith line-up; but I'd be losing 10-15 feet on pure distance drives.

The flip side of that is that wider discs are way more speed sensitive and have more fade. I tried other D series for turnovers, but none are as controllable as a beat in Wraith. I also don't have the greatest flick, so the Wraith is kind of the sweet spot for maximum forehand distance.

Starfire is just kind of the unsexy cousin, it's my thunderbird. I'll throw it on sub 400 shots that I can't reach with a fairway, where it's just a straight to fade shot. If a course is well designed IMO, the Starfire doesn't get many throws.

H1 and Firebird are both too overstable for my FH, and get only nominal backhand use. The Trident is really a kind of incomparable disc. It's actually pretty workable, doesn't always have a ton of HSS, even the opto one will turn a little in a headwind. But it's incredibly comfortable for FH, and it has a really far fade. Someone else described it as, the Firebird is OS enough that it flies like a C, where the Trident is mostly biiiiig fade, so it flies like an L.

PA3 is weird, it's deeper than a KC aviar, but the puddle top kills a lot of glide. I can throw it on some lines but I honestly don't like it very much. If I wanted, I'm sure I could kick the Breaker out with a premium PA3, but I've been throwing the Breaker for a couple years and it's one of my favorite molds.

Old 11-11-2019, 04:33 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
Works for all Prodigy drivers. The more pronounced that seam the more OS it is going to be.
Oh I mean more in the middle of the wing than the wing to top plate transition seam.

Old 11-12-2019, 11:03 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
PA3 is weird, it's deeper than a KC aviar, but the puddle top kills a lot of glide.
This is not correct, it's about the same deepness as a KC Aviar. I compared last night haha