Old 11-04-2019, 08:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb View Post
Years back, I read somewhere that sponsors structure bonuses in a way that penalizes pros for playing b and c tiers. Never got the deets.
more a matter of incentivizing higher tiers than penalizing lower ones.
Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2019, 09:10 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 147 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhatton1 View Post
Let's take this shocking potential TD abuse on a step.

What if...shock horror... someone spent years of their life lobbying councils, raising funds, walking through dense woodland, spent days and weeks cutting down fairways and organising working groups, poured the concrete, set the signs and baskets and at the end of all this created a course for all the community to use that, and I can't believe I'm going to say this as it shocks me that people can be so vile, played to their abilities.

They then organised a tournament out there, spending more hours of their evil lives to create something fun for loads more people.

And then after all that selfish, selfcentred nastiness, guess what , they won the damned thing?!

Egregious I call it. Ban the TD's, ban the course creators, they're the worst kinds of humanity.

Of course once you get to A tier and above those evil, evil TD's aren't allowed to play in their own events anyway....

But, oh no, what if they've thought of that roadblock to their dastardly plans? What if they set the course up for their proxy player instead? Hell they may even make spurious TD calls on behalf of the proxy as well and then split their tens of dollars equally when the proxy wins. What lows will these people stoop too next? '

It can be very easy reading these threads to find the people that have never TD'd a tournament or created a new course or set up a tournament course... before you criticise get out there and get some experience of what you're talking about.
We got a guy like that round here. That sumbitch has installed 4 courses, and runs leagues and tourneys on em! It’s unreal the lengths people will go to win at disc golf. I say if winnings that important to ya, just lop it off and play FPO.

Niced: (2)