Old 08-30-2019, 01:00 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 48
Niced 200 Times in 153 Posts

You'll never get a powerful movement from the ground up without pushing into the ground: staying bolted to the ground through the front foot like in a squat which I haven't seen in one of your videos yet. It doesn't matter necessarily how centered and upright your spine is if its not braced through the ground. I can stand in one place and spin my spine upright and centered, but it's just a spin-out.

Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 09-12-2019, 12:19 PM
Par Member

Niced 20 Times in 18 Posts

Hi all! Had a few weeks off as I went on vacation,

Been trying to wrap my head around my swing flaw.

I’ve never played any sport where you hit something with a bat/club so I’m not sure what I’m
Supposed to be doing. I tried imagining swinging a club and tried to translate that to a one handed swing. I’m not pushing into the ground enough on the first swing but on the second I made sure to push as hard as possible.

https://youtu.be/G9G-N_vb9iY

Last edited by Parbequeue; 09-12-2019 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:29 PM
Par Member

I dont know if this helps or not but I played the other day and Im right back to square one, nothing is going past 270. Pretty frustrating. I think I just spiral out of control in my head as I know I can do I better but cant execute. I start thinking; your posture is wrong, youre strong arming, your not weight shifting, your stride is too big etc etc. This creates a snowball effect and I just end up pissed off and not enjoying the game at all. I see people with horrific form outdrive me by 100+ft and Im thinking Ive been trying to figure this out for two years wtf!!! Haha! Any pointers to combat this? Or do I just put my big boy pants on
Old 09-12-2019, 01:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 45
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 577 Times in 293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parbequeue View Post
I dont know if this helps or not but I played the other day and Im right back to square one, nothing is going past 270. Pretty frustrating. I think I just spiral out of control in my head as I know I can do I better but cant execute. I start thinking; your posture is wrong, youre strong arming, your not weight shifting, your stride is too big etc etc. This creates a snowball effect and I just end up pissed off and not enjoying the game at all. I see people with horrific form outdrive me by 100+ft and Im thinking Ive been trying to figure this out for two years wtf!!! Haha! Any pointers to combat this? Or do I just put my big boy pants on
Look at post #337. You said... The change in stride tempo/kick the can behind was a game changer.

Maybe focus on that first.
Old 09-12-2019, 01:17 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocheez View Post
Look at post #337. You said... The change in stride tempo/kick the can behind was a game changer.

Maybe focus on that first.
Thats the thing, I get these sessions where I make great progress and then I just cant replicate it. Its months before I figure it out again. Weve only got maybe two months of golf left!
Old 09-12-2019, 01:47 PM

Niced 9 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parbequeue View Post
Thats the thing, I get these sessions where I make great progress and then I just cant replicate it. Its months before I figure it out again. Weve only got maybe two months of golf left!
Indoors?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Niced: (1)
Old 09-12-2019, 05:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,741 Times in 1,702 Posts

What sports have you played? I've never been good at swinging a club or bat, but I know how to throw a baseball or football. I've never played a round of ball golf in my life, but I've applied the concepts to the throw. It's really all the same just one handed vs two handed.

Change your mental attitude. Winners look up. Losers look down. Turn your brain off when it's time to throw and FEEL! You have to stop caring or worrying or thinking about immediate results/distance/accuracy. This is why the off-season is the best time to work on the swing. Get a net and throw into it, and/or do some indoor viscous practice. Do you have ice skates, that is probably some really good practice for throwing. Balance is one of the easiest things you can work on in winter. Just stand on either leg and wind up like a pitcher slow and balanced and leveraged to make a move and swing without throwing anything. Throw your hand to the target. What is the task you are trying to achieve? The swing is the same regardless of throwing a sledgehammer or a 1g cup.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...d.php?t=134936

https://www.fastpitchpower.com/learn...ome-naturally/
https://fastpitchlane.softballsucces...hers-get-whip/
https://www.drivelinebaseball.com/20...load-training/

Old 09-12-2019, 06:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,590 Times in 1,647 Posts

Yeah the thinking gets hard...if you know there's a mistake or what to focus on specifically then you need to think about how to get that working or evaluate if it is working. But you have to focus on feel, tempo, and the throw itself to throw well and consistently.

It really helps me if I'm not throwing well, to go back down to throwing little 150-200' putter shots and doing it as easily and balanced a I can. Throwing firm enough that it's a throw, but short enough that I'm just thinking about balance and leveraging the disc. If you focus on that efficiency then you can ramp up the effort a little bit at a time and see where things break down.

The two-handed swing attempts without anything in your hands won't really help you since you don't have a mental benchmark. I know if you had a bat in your hand it would have looked like you were hacking down with the bat and then would have got pulled by it, but since you don't have that batting background and you weren't holding onto anything, it won't really give you useful feedback. You look more comfortable swinging with one arm to me...but that has been the issue for me, translating the two arm to the one arm since I was more used to two armed swings.

Old 09-13-2019, 12:31 AM

Courses Played: 4
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Turn your brain off when it's time to throw and FEEL! You have to stop caring or worrying or thinking about immediate results/distance/accuracy.
This has made a big difference for me. Thinking about form while throwing was causing me to make a lot of jerky movements and made me frustrated because I knew what to do and couldnt make it happen. Recently, Ive been letting my body take over, feeling the throw, and thinking about what felt right or wrong afterwards. My throw has become smoother and Im starting to see results.

Old 09-13-2019, 09:44 AM

Years Playing: 25.4
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Throwing Net

https://www.amazon.com/ZENY-Baseball...ateway&sr=8-11