#131  
Old 03-06-2017, 10:54 AM
Aim For The Chains's Avatar
Aim For The Chains Aim For The Chains is offline
FROLF OFF!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MINNESOTA
Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 17,061
Niced 1,088 Times in 731 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snap-it View Post
IMO, Inertia is -2, 2, Catalyst -3, 1.5
Yeah we could say insanity on paper vs inertia suppose being more octane-ish but feel like the octane is a little more OS when new vs inertia. There isnt really an octane stability 10 or 11 speed. Wrath when beat is close and a beat up defy/photon. Wave/inertia etc all seem to have less HSS but speed difference is a big factor.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 03-06-2017, 10:59 AM
bsammons bsammons is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: GA
Posts: 565
Niced 108 Times in 85 Posts
Default

I definitely find octanes to be more stable than inertias... my inertia is a hyper flip machine while my two octanes (one 175 one 167-168 I can't remember) have much more HSS and LSS. And I'm pushing these close to 450 on a good rip they're not being underpowered. My max weight octane I can release flat and it'll drift right then fade back to center. The lighter octane flips up from a shallow hyzer and has a delayed fade before going to the ground. Hoping my catalyst is just a bomber but only time will tell
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 03-06-2017, 11:05 AM
Snap-it Snap-it is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 2,559
Niced 83 Times in 74 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Yeah we could say insanity on paper vs inertia suppose being more octane-ish but feel like the octane is a little more OS when new vs inertia. There isnt really an octane stability 10 or 11 speed. Wrath when beat is close and a beat up defy/photon. Wave/inertia etc all seem to have less HSS but speed difference is a big factor.
I think so too.

Defy is unique, look at the wing. It starts typical OS concave but then lots of horizontal. Profile with a Wrath, it doesn't look like it'd be as OS, and I don't think it is. I throw them both and the Defy will turn a smidge where the Wrath is just straight. Defy OS distance, Wrath OS control.

The thing with Vanish vs Catalyst...I like the smaller dome on the Vanish, I think it provides a more controlled turn. The Catalyst will fade back at the end a little more though.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 03-06-2017, 11:16 AM
Snap-it Snap-it is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 2,559
Niced 83 Times in 74 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
I was crushing both yesterday and no they are not equally US (specially if peeps reading are maxing at 325'ish). Catalyst is more like a wave/inertia etc where it will turn into headwind or if cranked on with any oat but will not flip up and all the way over from a hyzer like the vanish/orbital/virus etc. Those all can roll from a flat release.
They are.

Catalyst has a higher speed/power requirement than Vanish...so speed stability is involved. Hyzer-flips with the Catalyst will absolutely turn over at 400ish...all day long. Compare the typical PLH of Catalyst and Octane, the Catalyst is way low.

Catalyst is MVP's understable driver of the four 23mm's, so no mystery there.

Anyhoo...
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 03-06-2017, 11:21 AM
Snap-it Snap-it is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 2,559
Niced 83 Times in 74 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsammons View Post
I definitely find octanes to be more stable than inertias... my inertia is a hyper flip machine while my two octanes (one 175 one 167-168 I can't remember) have much more HSS and LSS. And I'm pushing these close to 450 on a good rip they're not being underpowered. My max weight octane I can release flat and it'll drift right then fade back to center. The lighter octane flips up from a shallow hyzer and has a delayed fade before going to the ground. Hoping my catalyst is just a bomber but only time will tell
Yes, and it's supposed to be. In this case it's not speed dependent, the Inertia was designed as a very neutral driver, the Octane as stable-OS, Destroyer-ish.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 03-06-2017, 12:18 PM
zendragon's Avatar
zendragon zendragon is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas
Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,947
Niced 208 Times in 131 Posts
Default

I can see the Vanish as a longer Insanity, but I never clicked with the Insanity like I did with the Vanish. Vanish is definitely less HSS than the Inertia, but still controllable.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #137  
Old 03-06-2017, 10:36 PM
Snap-it Snap-it is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 2,559
Niced 83 Times in 74 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendragon View Post
I can see the Vanish as a longer Insanity, but I never clicked with the Insanity like I did with the Vanish. Vanish is definitely less HSS than the Inertia, but still controllable.
Yeah, the Vanish is a sleeper. It's US but controllable, and looong! Great glide too. More MVP fans should be throwing this, IMO.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tenacity vs. Vanish vs. Catalyst alfonseski Discs 8 09-26-2017 03:44 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.