#211  
Old 02-09-2018, 05:59 PM
ODRB's Avatar
ODRB ODRB is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Portland, OR
Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 164
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,599
Niced 1,204 Times in 594 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
I've been considering it. Along with some other options, I hate even thinking about replacing my wasp but I need a disc that fits that slot that I can do my thing with, well my Philo style thing LOL I like to have all of my molds(which are few) in different plastics and stages of wear. Call me crazy but if Discraft doesn't put out x and esp maybe even JB wasps soon the wasp may be coming out of my bag, maybe the Gila goes in, had my eye on the verdict also.
Philo doesn't really do different plastics and weights. Only exception is the Roc (he carries one Champ Rancho). Otherwise, he stays around the same weights and same plastics, relying on mold variation (Destroyers) and straighty cycling (Firebirds and Rocs and Aviars).
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 02-09-2018, 06:12 PM
jcassidy1990's Avatar
jcassidy1990 jcassidy1990 is offline
Reptilian Disc Golf
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,805
Niced 701 Times in 265 Posts
Default

Something goofy happened with the PDGA approval. The Gila is most definitely a wide diameter disc.
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 02-09-2018, 07:32 PM
Grippenripp Grippenripp is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Morrow OH.
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 2,324
Niced 726 Times in 508 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODRB View Post
Philo doesn't really do different plastics and weights. Only exception is the Roc (he carries one Champ Rancho). Otherwise, he stays around the same weights and same plastics, relying on mold variation (Destroyers) and straighty cycling (Firebirds and Rocs and Aviars).
Okay j guess I should have said "Philo style" I rely on mold variation with the variation that different plastics offer as well, throwing everything at around 174 some of my understable molds are 176 just to slow the flip down a little.
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 02-09-2018, 09:19 PM
swhite swhite is online now
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: central Mass
Posts: 988
Niced 881 Times in 421 Posts
Default

The Reptilian Disc Golf website is advertising 15% off everything with promo code VALENTINE, but it did not work for me. Anyone else had better luck?
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 02-09-2018, 10:42 PM
jskew113's Avatar
jskew113 jskew113 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: SE VA
Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,802
Niced 57 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
I've been considering it. Along with some other options, I hate even thinking about replacing my wasp but I need a disc that fits that slot that I can do my thing with, well my Philo style thing LOL I like to have all of my molds(which are few) in different plastics and stages of wear. Call me crazy but if Discraft doesn't put out x and esp maybe even JB wasps soon the wasp may be coming out of my bag, maybe the Gila goes in, had my eye on the verdict also.
Jawbreaker Wasps are already a thing.
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 02-09-2018, 10:44 PM
Grippenripp Grippenripp is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Morrow OH.
Courses Played: 9
Posts: 2,324
Niced 726 Times in 508 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskew113 View Post
Jawbreaker Wasps are already a thing.
I know they're a thing but there isn't enough of them to justify me buying them, want plentiful JB plastic, esp would be cool for the grip but would be similar to z, in my simple mind though, x Wasps would be the bees knees.
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 02-09-2018, 11:55 PM
jrbaldes's Avatar
jrbaldes jrbaldes is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Years Playing: 5.3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 44
Niced 42 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhite View Post
The Reptilian Disc Golf website is advertising 15% off everything with promo code VALENTINE, but it did not work for me. Anyone else had better luck?
I looked into the code and should be fixed!

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 03-05-2018, 12:51 PM
Quinum's Avatar
Quinum Quinum is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wylie, TX
Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,111
Niced 100 Times in 78 Posts
Default

I may try a Gila in Fossil plastic, and I am a fan of the stiffer old Fossil Wizards. Are any of the Fossil Gilas coming out pretty stiff? If so, any particular weight and/or color I should be shooting for?
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 03-05-2018, 05:50 PM
CreemCheese's Avatar
CreemCheese CreemCheese is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Findlay, OH
Years Playing: 20.7
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,029
Niced 227 Times in 136 Posts
Default

My Fossil Gila, pre color choice, is every bit as stiff as my first run fossil scales. I would say just slightly stiffer than either of the Fossil Liz Wiz's, from the 1.0/2.0 bundle.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #220  
Old 03-05-2018, 05:51 PM
Quinum's Avatar
Quinum Quinum is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wylie, TX
Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,111
Niced 100 Times in 78 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreemCheese View Post
My Fossil Gila, pre color choice, is every bit as stiff as my first run fossil scales. I would say just slightly stiffer than either of the Fossil Liz Wiz's, from the 1.0/2.0 bundle.
Is yours max weight?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RDG Orange Fossil Stego & Gila matrymu The Marketplace 0 10-23-2018 06:12 PM
RDG Croc: Stable Mid-Range jcassidy1990 Discs 126 03-03-2018 07:13 AM
RDG Gila: OS Mid jcassidy1990 Discs 177 06-30-2017 10:34 AM
Overstable Mid or Power Down on Overstable Driver? Quikshark Technique & Strategy 32 05-09-2015 01:06 AM
Overstable Mid mndiscg Discs 32 06-13-2012 04:02 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.