Old 11-28-2018, 11:58 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 23
Niced 63 Times in 34 Posts

I normally bag a well worn ESP zone, but I've been experimenting with a couple pro-d ones based on some of the comments here. They are flat to puddle top, but seem to have similar glide to my beat up ESP. I love throwing them but I am really looking forward to seeing if I can get one beat up enough to pull the voodoo out of my bag.

Speaking of my ESP, it's developed this weird kind of thumbtracky dome to it. It's lost none of the HSS, but glides pretty well and has a later fade than I remember when it was fresh. In addition to OS approaches, it also fills the role of OS midrange if I need something beefier than the verdict. I tried it against the justice and mortar but in the end saw no reason to bag either alongside the zone.
Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2018, 10:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 40
Niced 183 Times in 112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabman View Post
I normally bag a well worn ESP zone, but I've been experimenting with a couple pro-d ones based on some of the comments here. They are flat to puddle top, but seem to have similar glide to my beat up ESP. I love throwing them but I am really looking forward to seeing if I can get one beat up enough to pull the voodoo out of my bag.

Speaking of my ESP, it's developed this weird kind of thumbtracky dome to it. It's lost none of the HSS, but glides pretty well and has a later fade than I remember when it was fresh. In addition to OS approaches, it also fills the role of OS midrange if I need something beefier than the verdict. I tried it against the justice and mortar but in the end saw no reason to bag either alongside the zone.

Just a heads up, I have a some very seasoned D zones. They develop a fair bit of HST, but always retain a decent amount of LSF. It creates a very interesting S flight that is pretty finicky. Throw it too hard and it will hold it to the ground, throw it too soft and it will fight out and dump hard. I ended up taking them out of the bag as they were too unpredictable.

Like you, I now bag 3-4 Zones and do not bag any other mid ranges. I throw them BH and FH so I can cover almost all shots needed.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:39 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 575 Times in 358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeCroisQue View Post
Just a heads up, I have a some very seasoned D zones. They develop a fair bit of HST, but always retain a decent amount of LSF. It creates a very interesting S flight that is pretty finicky. Throw it too hard and it will hold it to the ground, throw it too soft and it will fight out and dump hard. I ended up taking them out of the bag as they were too unpredictable.

Like you, I now bag 3-4 Zones and do not bag any other mid ranges. I throw them BH and FH so I can cover almost all shots needed.
Have you found that beat-in pattern unique to D Zones, or have JBs seasoned similarly for you?
Old 11-29-2018, 09:12 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 40
Niced 183 Times in 112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Have you found that beat-in pattern unique to D Zones, or have JBs seasoned similarly for you?
I have not personally beaten up the JB or softX to that point yet. I was very close with my last JB, but unfortunately lost it. I will say, I have a friend who has a very beaten in JB zone and while I have not thrown it, when he does, it shows the same flight characteristics.

I think it is something you would get with any zone assuming it was beaten in enough.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-30-2018, 08:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 76
Niced 309 Times in 147 Posts

Lots of nice zones for 9.99 on sun king today.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:34 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 34
Niced 575 Times in 358 Posts

Quote:
I've taken my Ti Zone out of my bag in favor of a JB Zone. Jawbreaker just has a perfect grip in cold and wet conditions. Pretty sure I've got another JB Zone coming my way for Christmas, so by the time my current Jawbreaker is too straight I can pair it with a fresh one. That should get me through the coldest and snowiest winter months, and when the weather starts improving it'll be back to the beafcake Titanium Zone for true OS duties.
Update: I'm in love with my Jawbreaker Zone. I've been working on my approach game a ton lately, and the JBZ is just perfect-- perfect grip in the snow and cold, perfect stability for those shorter shots that my Ti Zone felt just a tad too fast for, perfect combo of HSS and LSS to work beautiful little flick anny flexes...

I'm sold. I don't even care if JB loses stability in a few months. I'd be happy to buy 4 or 5 of these every year if that's what it takes to always have JBZ goodness. Favorite disc in the bag.

Old 12-15-2018, 10:41 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.7
Courses Played: 61
Niced 126 Times in 56 Posts

Quote:
I'd be happy to buy 4 or 5 of these every year if that's what it takes to always have JBZ goodness.
This reminds me that I need a new Jawbreaker Zone!
Old 12-16-2018, 07:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 51
Niced 19 Times in 7 Posts

So I lost my D zone recently. All in all it was a pretty straight disc, would get a little drifty but would come back to center on a drive...Now I'm looking into replacing it with one of the base plastic varieties. Leading into winter I'm thinking soft x might be a logical replacement, but I'm wondering if it will take a longer time to season than JB or D? I have no experience with JB or soft x fwiw.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:20 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 12
Niced 1,211 Times in 631 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE master View Post
So I lost my D zone recently. All in all it was a pretty straight disc, would get a little drifty but would come back to center on a drive...Now I'm looking into replacing it with one of the base plastic varieties. Leading into winter I'm thinking soft x might be a logical replacement, but I'm wondering if it will take a longer time to season than JB or D? I have no experience with JB or soft x fwiw.
JB might hold up a tiny bit longer than soft X but not much. Pro D probably a little less but all 3 will wear in pretty quick.

Old 12-16-2018, 12:08 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,376 Times in 1,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE master View Post
Sounds like a good opportunity to get to know Jawbreaker plastic...