Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 12-21-2018, 07:18 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 990 Times in 829 Posts

Good long time, I had in getting the mold I have now about 2003-late 2006 so 3-4 years. First was a Lighting Rubber Putter for a year , then between a G9i Wizard just gave away and the Rubber Putter for a bit changing to the G9i Wizard. Then to a Soft X Putt'r then to one of the last runs of a old hard Pro D Magnet used in 2006. Was brothers hard stiff Pro D Magnet, one he did not like from 2005 the month he tested it before finding other discs. Then a newer Softer hard Pro D Magnet in 2006 before messing up the newer Pro D Magnet in mid 2017 but at same time was waiting to see if the Jawbreaker plastic was not going to do what the old Discraft Burst was going to do and delaminate after 6 months to a year. All except the Rubber Putter at 170 grams and the G9i Wizard 172 grams were at max weight. In 2005 I got a Upshot #2 or U-2 in Prostyle plastic at 166 grams for a uphill downhill putter but that might get replaced by a Jawbreaker Magnet the more broken in one for longer putting/hazard putts and cycle in a new Jawbraker for putting. The hard stiff Pro D Magnet is still in the bag for when it is too hot for a Jawbraker and they stick to my hands, I got some softer Jawbreaker plastic by mistake in mid 2017.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 12-21-2018, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethamphetamine View Post
Started with soft magnets, moved to hard magnets, then yeti aviars to kc pro aviars only to end up at hard daggers. A lot of frequent movement between the aviars and dagger days but settled on daggers for about 3 years now. Would recommend finding something comfortable feeling and sticking with it. Putting is very feel based.
Unless said disc stinks even though it has a good feel, Soft X Putt'r comes to mind. Loved the disc until 25-40 putts the Putt'r got a slight concave in it and the disc had almost a 0 glide. Another person at a 2-3 day tournament only liked her Soft X Putt'r when it did the slight concave switching from the E.D.G.E 150 class Pole Cat she had used in other tournaments so I gave the useless first run in Soft x to her. Now I think she uses a Rattler or Birdie in the very last Ice Bowl I saw her play in.

Old 12-21-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
Went from:
-Soft Magnet
-Aviars
-R-pro Rhyno
-SSS Magic
-Now potentially Banger GT's (currently duking it out with the Magic)

I've messed with spin putting, push, and all sorts of stances with putting. I've finally settled on the fact that i like straddle putting the best (Nate Sexton). I'm sure i will somehow still try out more putters even though i shouldn't...!
I had a straddle put first due to Rubber Putter (Still would straddle putt with Rubber Putter using new throwing motion since 2014 due to how the disc flies) to a standard putt style from 2000's to a true basketball putt that had no spin to the Push with a classic dart player stance that I add spin and back leg kick the further away from basket and or wind up to a point. I then use the Shark for wind above 28-30 miles an hour in either old Pro or in Star no flight numbers new in 2016. Both Shark are about 174-175 grams in that range. In 2014 changed the hands to have the non dominate hand keep disc flat by using it as a track guide since my hands are so small when I changed from the basketball putt in 2014.

Oh my cousin uses a Bangor GT in soft x for his driving putter and a Soft Pro D Bangor GT for his putter and he is a fairly good player.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 12-21-2018 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:17 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 41
Niced 901 Times in 494 Posts

Time wise? Years...but that's because I "settled" on some molds that I inevitably gave up. I can't remember the timeline so here's a big list, bolded are ones I used for a good amount of time and purple I currently bag:

Aero, Anode, APX/Reef, Aviar, AviarBB, BangerGT, Berg, Breaker/Ringer, Clutch, Dart, Envy, Focus, Ion, JOKERi, Juju, Magic, Magnet/Titanic, Omega, Pig, Polecat, Proxy, Pure, Rattler, Rhyno, Shaman, Scale, Sonic, Summit, Tank (OG), Voodoo, VP, XD, Zone (Pro-D).

Stupid me wants to break in K3 (base) Bergs and use them with Rattlers but smart me only bought one and won't purchase another. I have countless hours and putts invested in the Magnet/Titanic/Clutch and currently own over 20 Clutches, mostly in white 173 pretty firm Gravity. Without a sponsorship which I'm not pursuing it'd be ludicrous for me to ever switch away from them. I'm fairly young so hopefully I don't pull a Tropic Thunder in the next few decades

Old 12-22-2018, 09:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 61
Niced 238 Times in 136 Posts

I'll let you know when I do.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:34 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 29
Niced 24 Times in 15 Posts

Magnet - challenger - wizard - challenger - touch - dagger/macana - Pa3 - challenger......Probably gonna stay at Chally for a while. Those new JB ones are amazing feeling
Old 12-23-2018, 02:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Niced 208 Times in 131 Posts

About 4 years.

I putted with a Ryno and Omega SS for years just because they were given to me. I constantly tried other discs as drivers, but didn't really mess with my putters. One day I asked myself why I threw the putters I did, and decided to actually check out some options. From then it didn't take long to stumble on the right one. Saw a couple Mike C videos of him throwing Ions, so I tried one and realized I don't like putting with deep putters. Tried its modern cousin the Envy and never looked back.
Old 12-23-2018, 04:49 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 23.2
Niced 24 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mball1684 View Post
Magnet - challenger - wizard - challenger - touch - dagger/macana - Pa3 - challenger......Probably gonna stay at Chally for a while. Those new JB ones are amazing feeling
*update - Giving the new Challenger OS a shot this season as well*
Old 12-23-2018, 07:30 PM

Courses Played: 22
Niced 12 Times in 9 Posts

Two years, and this is almost a whole year with my putter, a ZM Pure.
Birdie, Aviar PA, Sparta, Pig, XT Porto Colt, Shaman Opto Pure, and finally my Zero Medium Pure.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 194
Niced 820 Times in 523 Posts

It only took me a month or so to settle on the McPro Aviar

...then a couple months to unsettle and switch between McPro and a Wizard.

I'm currently settled on KC Pro Aviars (that took about 3 years total), partly because the Wizard convinced me that I like a bead and because KC Pros do so well in the windy places I used to frequent (Florida, Oklahoma).

I fully expect my old McPros and Wizards will be useful at some point, and I do use them for practice.