Old 12-22-2018, 11:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,043 Times in 709 Posts

Round two coming in now... a mild 70km/hr windstorm... sounds like we might get power for Christmas... good thing I bought a generator....
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 12-23-2018, 12:34 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 24 Times in 14 Posts

We just got power back in Maple Bay last night. Also crazy here. Two float homes broke off their moorages at the marina (one with people and pets in it! Thankfully rescued!) and one crashed into the rocks, the other saved. Also a 65' yacht capsized on the rocks. The most tragic of all was that there was a person killed in a tent when a tree fell on it. This was right behind my office in Duncan. Makes the loss of a couple of big trees (missed a tonal by about a foot) on my property seem pretty trivial.

Stay safe out there Mike! We appreciate the work that you and all the Hydro folks are doing right now!

Niced: (2)
Old 12-23-2018, 12:52 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 288 Times in 184 Posts

I heard about the tent incident in Duncan. Unbelievable, and so unlucky. Especially around this time of year people are already a bit more stressed out getting ready for the holidays. Having deaths and property damage happening is not fun.

Last nights wind storm was still ripping pretty good through Sidney. All my deck chairs and propane fire pit still flew around. A reminder that Mother Nature don't give a damn!

Old 12-24-2018, 12:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Yeah man that punch last night knocked down another 7 lines.. There was a Hydro guy that got lost in my backyard he came down from Salmon Arm and was coming out my back driveway at 10pm last night I gave it him a ride down to the end of the road where his buddies were, he was saying we would get power last night but then the trees came down and they'd were at the end of their 16hr shift.. We got power at 4pm today half the island is still out.

One more service repair tomorrow and I'm done for Christmas. I want to play some Disc but I'm too sore, last day off was Sunday two weeks ago. I've played my short practice rounds but haven't made it to "church" in over a month. Good thing it's at my place next week.. Easy money suckers even if I do have to spot them a stroke on my home course.

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 12-24-2018 at 12:43 AM.
Old 12-24-2018, 01:54 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 24 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Yeah man that punch last night knocked down another 7 lines.. There was a Hydro guy that got lost in my backyard he came down from Salmon Arm and was coming out my back driveway at 10pm last night I gave it him a ride down to the end of the road where his buddies were, he was saying we would get power last night but then the trees came down and they'd were at the end of their 16hr shift.. We got power at 4pm today half the island is still out.

One more service repair tomorrow and I'm done for Christmas. I want to play some Disc but I'm too sore, last day off was Sunday two weeks ago. I've played my short practice rounds but haven't made it to "church" in over a month. Good thing it's at my place next week.. Easy money suckers even if I do have to spot them a stroke on my home course.
How did the public course fair? Any significant damage? I'm planning on heading over on the 27th for the day.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfey View Post
How did the public course fair? Any significant damage? I'm planning on heading over on the 27th for the day.
I haven't heard much chatter so I'd guess pretty good, the temporary tent shelter stayed intact... according to Facebook. If you didn't know the clubhouse got torn down as it was a safety hazard. I might get a look today but I'm probably just going to play the old farts nine on the bottom
Old 12-24-2018, 11:25 AM
Eagle Member

Wow putting in some serious hours. Sounds like you are ready for a cold brew and some time off / discing. I was curious why the clubhouse got torn down, but that makes total sense now. All that wood was probably rotten and ready to cave in. Plans to make a new one?

Work was crazy leading up to the holidays, and literally on my first day off I’ve developed a nasty chest cold, I’ve got a bunch of fresh plastic from Black Friday staring at me I haven’t gotten to thrown yet either.. I feel your frustrations!
Old 12-25-2018, 12:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
. All that wood was probably rotten and ready to cave in. Plans to make a new one?

Ive got a bunch of fresh plastic from Black Friday staring at me I havent gotten to thrown yet either.. I feel your frustrations!
Yeah it was dilapidated They should have restructured it rather than a teardown easier to skirt bylaws but I wasn't there that day..

Kicked ass today all my customers or whoever called me has power I gave the Hydro Linesman from Salmon Arm some hotsauce from my guy in Enderby 20km from Salmon Arm.. Gave em almost a litre for working on our **** from my private stash.. Helped em string one so I feel useful.. Haha good guys, tough haul they just snapped in a couple grids 1/2 hr til they quit on another 16hr day I can tell by the power flicks... 5 seconds..

What did you get for black Friday?
Old 12-26-2018, 12:33 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Yeah it was dilapidated They should have restructured it rather than a teardown easier to skirt bylaws but I wasn't there that day..

Kicked ass today all my customers or whoever called me has power I gave the Hydro Linesman from Salmon Arm some hotsauce from my guy in Enderby 20km from Salmon Arm.. Gave em almost a litre for working on our **** from my private stash.. Helped em string one so I feel useful.. Haha good guys, tough haul they just snapped in a couple grids 1/2 hr til they quit on another 16hr day I can tell by the power flicks... 5 seconds..

What did you get for black Friday?
Oh man you guys are basically the real life Santas elves making sure folks get their power back.

I got a stack of Banger GTs in various plastics (including an MJ ESP) and a mystery 10 misprint pack of TI/ESP. Between work, terrible weather, and the holidays Ive only managed to get out and throw once in the last 3 weeks. Luckily Im forcing myself to putt indoors more however!

Old 12-26-2018, 01:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Haha. Kind of. I just got Grinchy, it's raining like crazy out there and there's a guy that's kind of a pain that I know probably did something goofy that I didn't want to see I haven't been back since I suspected he did something like that so I wouldn't see it. Looks like he needs some help but I'm tired and I just want two days off.. I have a hard time saying no. And I don't want to drag my 160lb 34' Pole ladder out my back finally stopped hurting for the first time in a month.

Get any Ti comets in that box?