#1  
Old 11-19-2019, 10:58 PM
sidewinder22's Avatar
sidewinder22 sidewinder22 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Creeping Creek DGC
Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 221
Posts: 15,935
Niced 3,426 Times in 2,090 Posts
Default Seppo Paju vs KJ Nybo = Same Form

Once Seppo lands on the rear foot everything is nearly identical except for the momentum.

Sponsored Links

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-20-2019, 08:44 AM
UhhNegative UhhNegative is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Courses Played: 48
Posts: 810
Niced 310 Times in 233 Posts
Default

Looks like Seppo's reachback timing is better though. KJ is at full extension before his front foot touches down. Obviously it's fine if that's what you are used to, but probably a lot harder to replicate.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-20-2019, 09:32 AM
drk_evns's Avatar
drk_evns drk_evns is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Holland, MI
Courses Played: 36
Posts: 342
Niced 213 Times in 121 Posts
Default

I use KJ (Nybo, the OG KJ) as an example when talking to people a lot and it's amazing how many people think he has bad form.

He's one of my favorite examples of efficiency producing insane power. Same with Seppo.

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-20-2019, 10:16 AM
Lazerface Lazerface is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 849
Niced 507 Times in 241 Posts
Default

Slightly more extension in Nybo's arm/elbow?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-20-2019, 06:21 PM
sidewinder22's Avatar
sidewinder22 sidewinder22 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Creeping Creek DGC
Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 221
Posts: 15,935
Niced 3,426 Times in 2,090 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drk_evns View Post
I use KJ (Nybo, the OG KJ) as an example when talking to people a lot and it's amazing how many people think he has bad form.

He's one of my favorite examples of efficiency producing insane power. Same with Seppo.
Same rear foot/leg action aka the move.


Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-20-2019, 06:41 PM
UhhNegative UhhNegative is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Courses Played: 48
Posts: 810
Niced 310 Times in 233 Posts
Default

"The move" has just never clicked for me. It feels like my knee wants to bend sideways if I'm pushing off my rear foot. Like the knee moving in and down just looks so painful to me on film.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-20-2019, 07:02 PM
sidewinder22's Avatar
sidewinder22 sidewinder22 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Creeping Creek DGC
Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 221
Posts: 15,935
Niced 3,426 Times in 2,090 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UhhNegative View Post
"The move" has just never clicked for me. It feels like my knee wants to bend sideways if I'm pushing off my rear foot. Like the knee moving in and down just looks so painful to me on film.
Foot rolls inward, knee doesn't bend sideways.

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-20-2019, 07:13 PM
DoWork DoWork is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 964
Niced 835 Times in 365 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UhhNegative View Post
Looks like Seppo's reachback timing is better though. KJ is at full extension before his front foot touches down. Obviously it's fine if that's what you are used to, but probably a lot harder to replicate.


His crow hop/whip combo is just so sick. Such a smooth, conservative movement. No wasted energy whatsoever, it’s uncanny how he generates so much arm speed out of such concise body movement.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-20-2019, 11:24 PM
sidewinder22's Avatar
sidewinder22 sidewinder22 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Creeping Creek DGC
Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 221
Posts: 15,935
Niced 3,426 Times in 2,090 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
His crow hop/whip combo is just so sick. Such a smooth, conservative movement. No wasted energy whatsoever, it’s uncanny how he generates so much arm speed out of such concise body movement.
IMO KJ has a bigger smash factor efficiency considering how little energy he uses in the x-step with a more compact weightshift.

Seppo uses more of a side shuffle hop or x-hop, than a crow hop.
Reply With Quote
 

  #10  
Old 11-20-2019, 11:44 PM
air show air show is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Land of Oz
Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 173
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 423
Niced 244 Times in 118 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Same rear foot/leg action aka the move.

What I find most interesting about this gif is how long Paul looks at his target compared to the other three throwers.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10x Nybo Teebirds tomsdiscs The Marketplace 4 08-05-2018 07:37 PM
KJ Nybo Teebirds tennesseetailor The Marketplace 1 03-29-2018 12:37 PM
Seppo Paju drill Inverted Technique & Strategy 13 12-04-2016 06:15 AM
Seppo Paju and Ragna Bygde Join Team Prodigy frasnow General Disc Golf Chat 38 04-06-2013 01:46 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.