Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 995 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
Going all in defending the Bro, huh?
I think what Titan is saying is that Brodie might miss out on the cash and possible performance $$ from Discraft that he could possibly eventually learn to not miss the little things like true foot faults and other fouls. Close calls are another thing, same as not calling the obvious pick up of the marker before the disc finishes its flight. the latter is not really called in putts as if MJ can get away with putting and removing a marker before disc has finished flight at the smaller Pro tour or National Tour tournament The __ in California. A female player doing the same Foot Fault at GBO not getting called then it is not going to get called by Brodie.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2020, 10:54 PM
.:Team Innova Champion:.

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 160
Niced 120 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I think what Titan is saying is that Brodie might miss out on the cash and possible performance $$ from Discraft that he could possibly eventually learn to not miss the little things like true foot faults and other fouls. Close calls are another thing, same as not calling the obvious pick up of the marker before the disc finishes its flight. the latter is not really called in putts as if MJ can get away with putting and removing a marker before disc has finished flight at the smaller Pro tour or National Tour tournament The __ in California. A female player doing the same Foot Fault at GBO not getting called then it is not going to get called by Brodie.
What PDGA Rule are you referencing here?

Old 01-18-2020, 10:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 30.1
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,342 Times in 749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly7845 View Post
Hi, Holly. Casey dwells in an alternate space separate from most of us. Nods and smiles seem to work best.

Old 01-18-2020, 11:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 53
Niced 5,044 Times in 2,631 Posts

He's still waiting for his signature disc, the Discmania TD...

aka... the Thunderbird Destroyer

Niced: (2)
Old 01-19-2020, 01:07 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 25
Niced 995 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly7845 View Post
Oh wait it was the moving forward of the previous marked lie that MJ did before the disc finished its flight at that California NT or PT event. I do not think I finished my thought all the way. At least that seems like a violation stepping over the lie before the disc is finished in flight. 90% of the other top players tend to stay behind the disc as it is moving, removing the Marker is not the violation, the stepping over the lie is the violation. Those shots with stepping over the lie before disc comes to rest are rarely called as a violation anyhow in play.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 233 Times in 143 Posts

Quote:
This guy is spending literally an entire week with Paul Mcbeth and Simon Lizotte...if he wasn’t doing that I would say differently but these are literally two of the best players in the game, if he screws up, they will call him out on it. We haven’t even seen this guy play a full 18 yet but you’re already counting him out and that bugs me a bit but hey to each their own I guess.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:02 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 871 Times in 459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Oh wait it was the moving forward of the previous marked lie that MJ did before the disc finished its flight at that California NT or PT event. I do not think I finished my thought all the way. At least that seems like a violation stepping over the lie before the disc is finished in flight. 90% of the other top players tend to stay behind the disc as it is moving, removing the Marker is not the violation, the stepping over the lie is the violation. Those shots with stepping over the lie before disc comes to rest are rarely called as a violation anyhow in play.
Was he within 10 meters of the target at the time? Hard to imagine. Otherwise its just follow through, perfectly legal.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-19-2020, 03:18 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 109 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
Foot faults. Brodie will have a lot of foot faults because he's never had to worry about hitting a mark with his plant foot before.

That won't matter though since they're never called.
You can't run and throw in Ultimate so I don't
see how he would be particularly prone to foot faulting.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-19-2020, 06:30 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 835 Times in 365 Posts

Quote:

More like you’re reaching, his response was legit and light years away from “going all in”. Did Brodie steal your girl or something? Jeez.

Possibly the weirdest flex I’ve seen in a while- like yeah this guy will NEVER be able to even partially grasp the X step as if it was some sacred dance only the chosen few are allowed to perform.

I don’t understand how overprotective some seem over this guy playing- DG isn’t your daughter and he’s not trying to bang her. Get over yourselves. All this “he won’t succeed” when here we are 20+ pages deep and he hasn’t even teed off yet lol. News flash: he’s already winning just because his haters can’t seem to stop talking about him lol... It’s funny to watch.

Old 01-19-2020, 07:24 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 30
Niced 678 Times in 323 Posts

Brodie is sparking attention and discussion already, so that's good. Discraft was smart to sponsor him. It's incredible how quickly they got their poop in a group when it comes to their online presence.