Old 02-01-2020, 12:15 AM

Niced 7 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenga54 View Post
Seconded. Can we have a vote? All in favor of an S-Line TB replacement say "Aye"

AYE
aye x1000.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2020, 08:54 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 870 Times in 458 Posts

Sounds Mexican
Old 02-06-2020, 04:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 47 Times in 40 Posts

As a Sonic thrower and having just watched Simon's Fastback vlog can DM work to get the Fastback approved?

and at full weight? (assuming it currently only comes at 135gm per Simon in the vlog)
Old 02-10-2020, 10:29 AM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Understable Discs

As an older player throwing around 280 feet, I depend on understable, lighter discs to get a full flight out of my discs. Unfortunately Discmania seems to make almost no understable discs and most of their discs are only available in heavier weights. I love the TD2 but they have discontinued it. From what I've seen of reviews, the TD and TDx are not really very understable. In fact even the S-Line TD2 (150g) is barely understable for me, even though I'm quite capable of turning over a Mamba or a Roadrunner. The only other understable disc they make is the Sun Bird/Genesis which isn't available right now, and I don't think I would find the rim of this disc very comfortable.

Discmania's S-Line plastic is my favorite plastic and I'd really like to buy more Discmania discs, but right now I don't see anything in their product line that suits weaker throwers. Do they still plan to re-tool the TD2, and will they be making any other understable discs in the near future?
Old 02-10-2020, 02:27 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
Niced 93 Times in 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba Maniac View Post
As an older player throwing around 280 feet, I depend on understable, lighter discs to get a full flight out of my discs. Unfortunately Discmania seems to make almost no understable discs and most of their discs are only available in heavier weights. I love the TD2 but they have discontinued it. From what I've seen of reviews, the TD and TDx are not really very understable. In fact even the S-Line TD2 (150g) is barely understable for me, even though I'm quite capable of turning over a Mamba or a Roadrunner. The only other understable disc they make is the Sun Bird/Genesis which isn't available right now, and I don't think I would find the rim of this disc very comfortable.

Discmania's S-Line plastic is my favorite plastic and I'd really like to buy more Discmania discs, but right now I don't see anything in their product line that suits weaker throwers. Do they still plan to re-tool the TD2, and will they be making any other understable discs in the near future?
You should look into D line FDs. The D FD is a great feeling and flying disc and once it gets beat in it should turn without problem. The D MD and P MD3 are also great understable mid ranges after worked in a little.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-10-2020, 02:30 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 74
Niced 130 Times in 61 Posts

The MD is sneaky long for a mid.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-10-2020, 02:36 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
Niced 93 Times in 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B The V View Post
The MD is sneaky long for a mid.
I love the MD for one disc rounds. It flies like a coked out P2 haha faster, straighter, and farther.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12
Courses Played: 29
Niced 47 Times in 40 Posts

to Mamba Maniac

I would agree with the D FD recommendation. They are available in lighter weights and will flip and turn.

The D MD is also a good add for the same type of flight but shorter (also available in lighter weights)

I bag both (at heavy weights) as well as their premium plastic counterparts
Old 02-10-2020, 06:51 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU View Post
to Mamba Maniac

I would agree with the D FD recommendation. They are available in lighter weights and will flip and turn.

The D MD is also a good add for the same type of flight but shorter (also available in lighter weights)

I bag both (at heavy weights) as well as their premium plastic counterparts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzle34 View Post
You should look into D line FDs. The D FD is a great feeling and flying disc and once it gets beat in it should turn without problem. The D MD and P MD3 are also great understable mid ranges after worked in a little.
Thanks for the input! Coincidentally I am waiting for a D-FD to arrive in the mail! I tried to edit that into my original post but I was already past the 5 minute allowance to edit. I think I will like the FD, but I'll have to wait til the snow goes away before I can try it out!

Old 02-11-2020, 12:38 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 74
Niced 130 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzle34 View Post
I love the MD for one disc rounds. It flies like a coked out P2 haha faster, straighter, and farther.
Or an fd on valium.

Niced: (2)