Old 02-18-2020, 12:13 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 99 Times in 80 Posts

Any better? Moved right foot forward and doorframe more inside posture. Drop down to start pull. Rear knee flexed and releasing towards target. Feel like I can’t get any more targetward without falling over targetward.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2020, 02:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 221
Niced 3,411 Times in 2,080 Posts

Looking better, but you need to move both your feet while you are holding the door frame. Grab door frame with both feet next to door frame and start walking away. When you start striding your hips forward and dropping from rear foot/leg, your front foot should also be striding forward with. The more you push hips forward, the further forward your front foot should plant. Play around with it move around, you are really static in the drill.

Also when you start with rear knee stacked over ankle, your rear knee should move diagonally and flex forward toward toes while still holding on door frame, so you are still leveraging while flexing - this is a subtle move and doesn't need to be much or too much where knee goes past toes. It looks like your rear knee is moving forward inline or behind your heel.
Old 02-18-2020, 03:20 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Looking better, but you need to move both your feet while you are holding the door frame. Grab door frame with both feet next to door frame and start walking away. When you start striding your hips forward and dropping from rear foot/leg, your front foot should also be striding forward with. The more you push hips forward, the further forward your front foot should plant. Play around with it move around, you are really static in the drill.

Also when you start with rear knee stacked over ankle, your rear knee should move diagonally and flex forward toward toes while still holding on door frame, so you are still leveraging while flexing - this is a subtle move and doesn't need to be much or too much where knee goes past toes. It looks like your rear knee is moving forward inline or behind your heel.
Ah, I always thought it was a static drill > feel the tug and release on front leg. So I stride until what point? Until Im in a balanced maximum
Leveraged position ?

Regarding the rear knee stacked over toes: should I be starting in a different position?
Old 02-18-2020, 03:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parbequeue View Post
Ah, I always thought it was a static drill > feel the tug and release on front leg. So I stride until what point? Until Im in a balanced maximum
Leveraged position ?

Regarding the rear knee stacked over toes: should I be starting in a different position?
You should be able to play around with different plant stride lengths, but it's the rear leg that dictates and sets the stride length/position. It's not really the front foot stepping away, it's the rear leg leveraging everything more forward and as the door frame pulls your torso into more lean back away from target the front foot will stride more forward to maintain dynamic upright to the lean back to catch yourself when you release.

Start with rear knee stacked over ankle/heel so you are starting in normal relaxed upright standing position. You don't want your rear knee to move toward right tee side or extend/lock out. When you start leveraging forward your rear knee should flex some toward the toes or left tee side, but mostly making a forward move from instep. You don't want knee to collapse over toes and lose leverage.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:17 PM
Birdie Member

I’m feeling a huge amount of leverage from the left foot/leg now, I *think* I’m understanding how important it is to be balanced on the rear leg now.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-19-2020, 01:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Much better. The lower you grab the frame, the more you can walk the rear foot targetward. Try hip high, and dropping more forward.
Old 02-19-2020, 03:09 PM
Birdie Member

Excellent. Now to incorporate this into an actual throw; hershyzer?
Old 02-19-2020, 03:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parbequeue View Post
Excellent. Now to incorporate this into an actual throw; hershyzer?
Make your arm/disc backswing heavy and pull away from target/you like door frame so you have to brace up on your rear leg to leverage it back forward.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:34 PM
Birdie Member

So... I’m
Not getting up tall on the rear hip (forgot, was too focused on the move to the front) so I could be cooked from the start BUT; is this transition to the plant look any better? I feel like I’m catching myself on my toe from behind, feeling tension / coiling in the hips ready to crush the can braced up and swing targetward. Feels cool, let’s hope it’s right! I can imagine that if I was taller on the rear hip this drop would be easier and exaggerated by more vertical height.

Old 02-20-2020, 03:17 PM
Birdie Member

Clearer view of the feet