Old 02-17-2020, 09:36 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 423 Times in 260 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.Luke View Post
Was it playing rounds without you?
It was not, that sucker was real deep in the thorns, no one should go back there haha. It was actually like 20 feet farther off the fairway then I thought it was.

Giles generally has a phenomenal lost and found system, because it was out of the way and covered in thorns, not a lot of casuals played it compared to Bluemont and Burke Lake. I think it's gonna lose a little bit of that magic as more and more people move into that apartment complex and things get cleared out some.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 02-17-2020, 11:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,545 Times in 1,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasissouth View Post
It was not, that sucker was real deep in the thorns, no one should go back there haha. It was actually like 20 feet farther off the fairway then I thought it was.

Giles generally has a phenomenal lost and found system, because it was out of the way and covered in thorns, not a lot of casuals played it compared to Bluemont and Burke Lake. I think it's gonna lose a little bit of that magic as more and more people move into that apartment complex and things get cleared out some.
Of course things getting cleared out some will also reduce the need for the lost and found system...
Old 02-22-2020, 07:06 PM
Eagle Member

Quick lil toss around at Spilman as a warm up for tomorrow.
F1
F2
Retro Trident
Z Comet
MX 3
Medium Harp
750 PA4

8 Pa3s
I putted 8 times whenever I had an actual putt and threw multiple lines off the tee. Dunno what I shot, it wasn't important.

Played without tape, but I could tell my finger was not a fan. Gonna have my right hand wrapped up like a mummy tomorrow.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:26 PM
Eagle Member

Shot decent at the Loriella challenge, both rounds above my rating, which is nice, but 4 strokes worse than last year which is not nice. Threw in a 2 on hole 18 long to long from the short basket which felt pretty sweet. Rest of it I could take it or leave it. Finger felt fine with tape on, it just looks ridiculous.
I accidentally threw the Stego in the pond trying a very dumb shot on hole 13? I threw it basically vertical trying to play the long pan and see if I could scrape out a three from a non optimal drive and it fought out and faded lol. I'm down 2 discs this month to ponds, and also a Sexton Firebird in October to a pond.
4 D1's
2 Wraiths
Starfire (did not throw)
Firebird
Trident
F1
2x F2
Comet
M2
3x PA4
Breaker
Stego (rip)
3 PA3

Old 02-24-2020, 07:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I accidentally threw the Stego in the pond trying a very dumb shot on hole 13? I threw it basically vertical trying to play the long pan and see if I could scrape out a three from a non optimal drive and it fought out and faded lol. I'm down 2 discs this month to ponds, and also a Sexton Firebird in October to a pond.
Rules for playing golf by Jack Nicklaus: "Don't follow a bad shot with a dumb shot"

Old 02-25-2020, 08:44 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
Rules for playing golf by Jack Nicklaus: "Don't follow a bad shot with a dumb shot"
I just got a copy of Golf in not a Game of Perfect. I've heard a lot of people recommend that book so I'm definitely interested in what it says.

Talking about dumb shots, before round two I was playing around a little, and even though I was throwing drivers poorly all day I managed to get a Comet from the pad on hole 5 to about 20 feet short of the wood line. Obviously right of the short basket, but still about 100 feet past all my driver shots.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I just got a copy of Golf in not a Game of Perfect. I've heard a lot of people recommend that book so I'm definitely interested in what it says.

Talking about dumb shots, before round two I was playing around a little, and even though I was throwing drivers poorly all day I managed to get a Comet from the pad on hole 5 to about 20 feet short of the wood line. Obviously right of the short basket, but still about 100 feet past all my driver shots.
Golf is Not a Game of Perfect is imo the very best of the mental game self help tomes.
Old 02-26-2020, 11:37 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 130 Times in 81 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Golf is Not a Game of Perfect is imo the very best of the mental game self help tomes.
There is a night and day difference in the way I approach the game from before I read Golf is Not a Game of Perfect (around the end of 2018) and after. So far all of Rotella's books have been very helpful in improving my mental game. His other books are very similar so you may not need to get them, but I found Your 15th Club and Putting Out of Your Mind to be very helpful as well. How Champions Think is next on the list for me.
Old 02-26-2020, 12:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERB brooks View Post
There is a night and day difference in the way I approach the game from before I read Golf is Not a Game of Perfect (around the end of 2018) and after. So far all of Rotella's books have been very helpful in improving my mental game. His other books are very similar so you may not need to get them, but I found Your 15th Club and Putting Out of Your Mind to be very helpful as well. How Champions Think is next on the list for me.
I am finishing up How Champions Think currently and havealso read Golf is a Game of Confidence, Putting Out of Your Mind, and The Golf of Your Dreams. Truthfully I don't feel like any of them have done anything other than restate what was in Golf is Not a Game of Perfect. I have bought at least a half dozen copies of that one as I tend to give them away to those who need it badly.

Old 02-26-2020, 12:28 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 130 Times in 81 Posts

Quote:
I am finishing up How Champions Think currently and havealso read Golf is a Game of Confidence, Putting Out of Your Mind, and The Golf of Your Dreams. Truthfully I don't feel like any of them have done anything other than restate what was in Golf is Not a Game of Perfect. I have bought at least a half dozen copies of that one as I tend to give them away to those who need it badly.
I agree that if you are gonna read one of them it should be Golf is Not a Game of Perfect. Like I said, the others I've read are very similar, but they tend to be slightly more in depth about more specific topics. I probably won't get his other books, but I appreciated reading Your 15th Club and Putting Out of Your Mind even if many of the concepts had already been covered in Perfect.