Old 03-03-2020, 09:53 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 177 Times in 88 Posts

The interviewer now has an obligation to interview an actual doctor about the real dangers and real treatments of Lyme disease. That nutritionist is a genuine POS.
Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2020, 09:56 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 31
Niced 955 Times in 455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmc View Post
That nutritionist is a genuine POS.
That smug look on his face was one of a scam artist who found a mark. It's disgusting. I feel bad for Ricky, but also kinda angry that he's giving this guy publicity to con others in the future

Old 03-03-2020, 10:14 AM
Finders Keepers Anonymous Pond Diver

Courses Played: 8
Niced 60 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albatross View Post
It’s perfectly logical analogy, and is only being ridiculed because people in this thread have already made up their mind - they’ve chosen to go with the mob. Again, saying something is bad once is one thing, yelling at someone for 6 months is a whole other, and to put it lightly everybody is not using the word PLEASE.
Do you also believe it is unacceptable to chastise anti-vaxxers? People like this fool are an embarrassment and a danger to others. Do you work in medicine at all? Have you seen what happens to people when they follow the advice of quacks like this and other people who have no "real" knowledge or clinical experience to make informed or educated decisions in regards to treating people. I will rant all day about quack jobs like this because they are a danger to others. I am a registered nurse at a level 1 trauma center and have seen things most of you cannot imagine because of silly advice like this guy.

Last edited by Vonbeezy1; 03-03-2020 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:19 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 29
Niced 177 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoobyPls View Post
That smug look on his face was one of a scam artist who found a mark. It's disgusting. I feel bad for Ricky, but also kinda angry that he's giving this guy publicity to con others in the future
Exactly. I’m not mad at Ricky, he’s been duped, but to interview that guy and give him credibility is not cool.

Old 03-03-2020, 10:56 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 38
Niced 93 Times in 35 Posts

https://youtu.be/70OEdmDcKdk?t=1813

Nutritionist talks of time he worked with a doctor in parallel. Doctors handled medical, he handled nutrition; didn't cross into the others field. The doctor promoted his nutritional plan (why wouldn't a doc say eat healthier and cut out sugars), but it was in adjunct with medical treatment, and the process was very successful.

He is then asked if he would welcome a medical opinion if Ricky wishes. He states he would repeat his tests again, and if cleared he wouldn't have a problem with antibiotics; wouldn't be jamming up a new set of problems. But that antibiotics are detrimental.

-
That just doesn't line up. If Ricky wished to welcome a medical opinion then just like the scenario he just divulged, shouldn't he step back and not interfere instead of handling it all himself.

https://youtu.be/70OEdmDcKdk?t=2258

States he hasn't gone to a doctor, sticks with one person and his opinions. Why not even get a second opinion?

This is all just hard to watch happen. It's hard to read Ricky's stuff when he says it's working and he's feeling so much better only to have set backs and need to defend his nutritionist and his actions. (I understand that he could have set backs even with medical, just that he's not even considering it)
Old 03-03-2020, 11:36 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 13
Niced 496 Times in 178 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albatross View Post
I have no problem standing in front of an angry mob of internet trolls. This is DGCR, they can’t even downvote. People are actually advocating yelling at someone, when we all know that they would never say anything to his face.
I’d be happy to talk to Rick about this in person, fwiw.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-03-2020, 11:42 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Seems odd to me that a company can give a player a +$100 000 a year contract without any kind of medical clause
Would you want your employer telling you you have to take a certain medication or treatment? I feel for Innova here, and my stance on what Rick should do is pretty clear, but I don’t support someone’s employer or sponsor being able to compel an employee in that way.
Old 03-03-2020, 11:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37
Courses Played: 248
Niced 2,855 Times in 1,013 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorseymatt View Post
Would you want your employer telling you you have to take a certain medication or treatment? I feel for Innova here, and my stance on what Rick should do is pretty clear, but I don’t support someone’s employer or sponsor being able to compel an employee in that way.
But, this happens all the time. The hospital system I work for tests for nicotine before hiring. They have till recently, dictated the cost of health insurance based on health parameters and dictation of wellness check ups.

Major sports do exactly what you don't want all the time.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-03-2020, 11:59 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 131
Niced 830 Times in 373 Posts

He signed a contract, depending on the wording which I am not privy to, its very possible Innova could send him to a real doctor. Not any different than other sports with contracts, if the player isn't able to play they would want to do whatever they can to get him healed up and back to playing. Lots of players are sent to team doctors or doctors aligned with the team and the player has an option to get a second opinion. Innova isn't paying him to gimp around the course and do whatever he wants.

Probably not to this point but some contracts allow for outs, be it a non-sports related incident.

Niced: (1)

Old 03-03-2020, 11:59 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
But, this happens all the time. The hospital system I work for tests for nicotine before hiring. They have till recently, dictated the cost of health insurance based on health parameters and dictation of wellness check ups.

Major sports do exactly what you don't want all the time.
This is a little different — an employer testing for substances and changing health insurance costs accordingly vs. one telling you you must take a certain treatment. I hear what you’re saying, but that doesn’t sound right morally/ethically, and I wonder if it might even be illegal.

Niced: (2)