Old 03-07-2020, 10:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 30.1
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,334 Times in 745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2432 View Post
Really? Come on. Those kind of statements don't help this kind of situation. I do agree with most of what you wrote in your post. Just save the conspiracy theories for another time.

There are too many what ifs at this point. Throwing the CDC under the bus as some kind of deep state arm of the government to mislead people is just a fallacy.

Everyone needs to be proactive and work together as this situation is going to get worse before it gets better.
It's an election year and Trump is afraid this will hurt his reelection. He will lie. Those around him will constantly correct him. Listen to them not him. Pretty obvious if you're paying attention.
Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2020, 01:02 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 990 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
It's an election year and Trump is afraid this will hurt his reelection. He will lie. Those around him will constantly correct him. Listen to them not him. Pretty obvious if you're paying attention.
That is because this Virus will hurt his reelection campaign. The Stocks will tumble up and down from this as people who lower the stocks for the not beyond rich to own stocks so the rich can buy more of the good stocks so Stock market will keep it going up and down as the beyond rich dump stocks to get most bang for buck to only have the rich buy that lower stock to keep it neutral. Remember the Economy is only reason for about 50% of Republicans to Vote for him as most of the people voting for him are Republicans and he does not have a big base and a up and down Stock market will not help matters.
Old 03-08-2020, 05:56 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 50.4
Courses Played: 52
Niced 671 Times in 288 Posts

Quote:
Really? Come on. Those kind of statements don't help this kind of situation. I do agree with most of what you wrote in your post. Just save the conspiracy theories for another time.

There are too many what ifs at this point. Throwing the CDC under the bus as some kind of deep state arm of the government to mislead people is just a fallacy.

Everyone needs to be proactive and work together as this situation is going to get worse before it gets better.
Did I say anything about the CDC? I did not. Nor did I mention any conspiracy theories. I was referring to the idiot in the White House whose only concern is how it affects him personally. I was also referring to the governments' ham fisted response to this crisis. They already have blood on their hands from foot dragging and denial of the gravity of this situation simply to please and placate the POS in the oval office. You are right, EVERYBODY needs to be proactive, including the President of the United States of America and ALL the suck boys and sycophants in the republikkkan party. Can you tell me why the CDC no longer posts death numbers for this virus? Because it's bad optics for the president, the numbers aren't good for his re-election.

Old 03-08-2020, 06:06 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 50.4
Courses Played: 52
Niced 671 Times in 288 Posts

Quote:
But can't paint an entire govt with such a broad brush.
What's it like in your little sunshine and rainbows fantasy world? Is it like the big rock candy mountain filled with cigarette trees and lemonade springs?

Niced: (1)
Old 03-08-2020, 07:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 127
Niced 4,213 Times in 1,739 Posts

When facts fail, insults prevail.

Old 03-08-2020, 08:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.7
Courses Played: 386
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 180 Times in 96 Posts

The CDC isn't the government, but it is being shackled by the WH. Good night, and good luck. We're all going to need it.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-08-2020, 09:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.9
Courses Played: 127
Niced 4,213 Times in 1,739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgolfconvert View Post
I run a league with anywhere from 20-40 players. i am starting to get a bit worried about handling the cash from everyone, I am no spring chicken. I have considered making everyone pay by paypal, but not everyone uses it, and some are charged depending on how they fund it, so not a great solution.

Any other league directors getting a bit worried? Any ideas on how to reduce risk?

Signed,

Chicken Little
It strikes me that doing payout by paypal would be a nuisance, as well. At least the entries would be each player making one entry; the payout would be the TD making a bunch of them, particularly in large leagues.

As far as I've read, the dangers of cash are relatively low. I suppose you could reduce them even further by (1) placing entries in a ziplock bag, (2) disinfecting your hands after handling entries, (3) disinfecting your hands after distributing payouts and (4) disposing of the ziplock.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:29 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 51
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

I recommend watching this video while you still can as this is being heavily censored.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/mWcUoESRO0c5/
Old 03-08-2020, 10:13 AM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 330
Niced 3,482 Times in 1,597 Posts

^ tripe.

Niced: (1)

Old 03-08-2020, 11:10 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 6