Courses Played: 184
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 183 Times in 111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm0514 View Post
Pretty much the same imo as a stock z.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
I picked one up from them (beautiful pink with pink, silver, purple stamp), and it has a bit of dome to it. It flies similarly to my flat Z, but feels better in the hand. The plastic is definitely softer and grippier which is very helpful at this time of the year.
Word, had to read back a few pages. Gonna pass for meow.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-02-2020, 09:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 233 Times in 143 Posts

Love big z plastic, mainly for the grip
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4AE3A622-DFA9-4CC4-858F-53B135810540.jpg (117.5 KB, 50 views)
Old 03-09-2020, 01:53 PM
Par Member

Niced 52 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdiv48 View Post
DX Rocs are the best baseline Wasp and Z Wasps are the best premium plastic Roc.
I go through phases where I get tired of DX and KC Rocs and really want a premium plastic mid that flies like a Roc. I have Champ Rocs but they are the domiest mids I've ever felt and really aren't worth the USDGC price point, IMO. I've been putting off trying a Z Wasp for a while since it's not a Roc but it's probably time to get off my high horse.

Old 03-09-2020, 01:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 184
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 183 Times in 111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseetailor View Post
I go through phases where I get tired of DX and KC Rocs and really want a premium plastic mid that flies like a Roc. I have Champ Rocs but they are the domiest mids I've ever felt and really aren't worth the USDGC price point, IMO. I've been putting off trying a Z Wasp for a while since it's not a Roc but it's probably time to get off my high horse.
$14 from either Marshall Street or Disc Golf Center and you'll be set.

Old 03-11-2020, 12:29 AM
Par Member

Niced 137 Times in 71 Posts

Quote:
Z Wasp will change your life. Seasons wayyyyyyy slower, and is just way more reliable. They're also much more comfortable in the hand. Find a flat top Wasp and you'll never go back.

Old 03-11-2020, 07:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,388 Times in 683 Posts

Quote:
It's definitely worth trying out at least. Rocs are best in plastic that you can season (KC, DX) but premium rocs leave a lot to be desired. Wasps were originally intended to be premium plastic, and Z plastic is about as close to indestructible as it gets in disc golf. So you get a really nice flight that won't change for a really long time. And once it does start to season, it is more like a DX Roc where it will lose more fade first. This is the promised land

As for the comfort thing, I also throw comets which a lot of buzzz/wasp throwers don't like. The flat top is great but isn't more comfortable as some perceive.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:07 AM
Par Member

Niced 52 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
It's definitely worth trying out at least. Rocs are best in plastic that you can season (KC, DX) but premium rocs leave a lot to be desired. Wasps were originally intended to be premium plastic, and Z plastic is about as close to indestructible as it gets in disc golf. So you get a really nice flight that won't change for a really long time. And once it does start to season, it is more like a DX Roc where it will lose more fade first. This is the promised land

As for the comfort thing, I also throw comets which a lot of buzzz/wasp throwers don't like. The flat top is great but isn't more comfortable as some perceive.
Even KC and DX Rocs now are starting to have more "plus-y" rims which make them almost impossible to grip comfortably. The weather is finally starting to cooperate and the last time I was in the field shaking off the rust, I couldn't throw any of my newer Rocs to save my life. Not sure what's going on, but Innova is making it very difficult to throw Rocs anymore.

I started looking at Wasps and the Comet came to mind if I went all premium plastic for mids. I knew the Wasp was supposed to be the premium Roc but I've also seen folks say that the best understable Roc is a Comet. Not sure how much truth there is to that but both discs are on my radar right now.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:33 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25.4
Courses Played: 136
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,250 Times in 1,167 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Even KC and DX Rocs now are starting to have more "plus-y" rims which make them almost impossible to grip comfortably. The weather is finally starting to cooperate and the last time I was in the field shaking off the rust, I couldn't throw any of my newer Rocs to save my life. Not sure what's going on, but Innova is making it very difficult to throw Rocs anymore.

I started looking at Wasps and the Comet came to mind if I went all premium plastic for mids. I knew the Wasp was supposed to be the premium Roc but I've also seen folks say that the best understable Roc is a Comet. Not sure how much truth there is to that but both discs are on my radar right now.
I'm going to echo the suggestion that you get a Z Wasp. This seems like the most likely solution to your issue.

Old 03-11-2020, 09:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 303
Niced 2,294 Times in 1,307 Posts

anyone mad enough to have wasp rock and comet coexist in the same bag