#11  
Old 03-06-2020, 01:12 PM
Flick Maniac's Avatar
Flick Maniac Flick Maniac is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Jokela, Southern Finland
Posts: 1,991
Niced 871 Times in 459 Posts
Default

I have a whopper of a story...

--but its going to cost you. I dont believe in freebie stories.
Sponsored Links

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-06-2020, 01:44 PM
BrotherDave's Avatar
BrotherDave BrotherDave is offline
Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Darkhorse Ranch
Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 170
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 15,298
Niced 2,556 Times in 1,185 Posts
Default

I found a guy's Diamond once and called him. He told me to keep it since he lived several states away. I had no use for a Diamond so I gave it to a 60+ yo guy I disc golf with out of pity sometimes. He loved it and thanks me for giving it to him all the time. But I can't stand that guy anymore though and refuse to play with him now.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-06-2020, 02:25 PM
Twmccoy Twmccoy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 2,495
Niced 857 Times in 667 Posts
Default

I was wading in the lake at one of the local courses. A guy was playing and told me he had just lost a star Destroyer, and showed me where to look. I found it and gave it back. Later, I found another disc of his on a different hole. For my efforts he gave me a champion glow Shryke.

I personally have given away tons of discs I don't throw anymore. If someone can use them and actually wants them, I have no problem giving some discs away.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-06-2020, 02:35 PM
Dcinmd Dcinmd is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 385
Niced 274 Times in 135 Posts
Default

My favorite freebie story was between round during a weekday tournament. I watch the Chuckster reach into a box and walk over to a mother on a playground with her 4 year old son and handed them a new putter.

It made me smile.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-06-2020, 02:53 PM
ThrowBot's Avatar
ThrowBot ThrowBot is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Billings, MT
Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 145
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 1,607
Niced 1,118 Times in 475 Posts
Default

I got a freebie F2 disc with my recent order from the Innova Factory Store. It turned out to be a clear blue champ 175g Daedalus, so ultimately it was a freebie for my friend who likes those silly things.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-06-2020, 10:28 PM
dreadlock86's Avatar
dreadlock86 dreadlock86 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: DFW, tx
Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 334
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,039
Niced 420 Times in 205 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
I found a guy's Diamond once and called him. He told me to keep it since he lived several states away. I had no use for a Diamond so I gave it to a 60+ yo guy I disc golf with out of pity sometimes. He loved it and thanks me for giving it to him all the time. But I can't stand that guy anymore though and refuse to play with him now.

you found out he was Keegan's dad?

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-09-2020, 12:58 PM
Silboh Silboh is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 20
Niced 26 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Nothing special but here is my story :
I am french. 18 months ago I went to Finland to visit a friend. We walked on a parc and I saw a strange basket. I asked him what was this thing. He told me about disc golf and it looked great. The last day I asked to try disc golf with him. I loved it.
6 months ago I started a disc golf club in my town where nobody ever heard of disc golf. In two weeks, I will have 18 baskets to create a 18 hole courses, 2km from my house.
Next summer, I will go back to Finland, to assist to the European Open with my friend !

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-09-2020, 01:07 PM
BillFleming BillFleming is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Arizona
Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 126
Niced 51 Times in 36 Posts
Default

One day before league play, I found a disc and texted the number on it. Apparently, the owner lost it somewhere else and it made its way to where I was playing. I'm in Arizona, he's in Florida....he told me to keep it. So I added a Star Valkyrie to my bag. A few weeks later, I was practicing in the field before league play and one of the guys from my club suggested I try his Opto River. I liked it and threw it well...he told me to keep it. Later he mentioned to our group that he was looking for a Star Valkyrie (I hadn't played the one I got or told anyone about it)....so...that became his.

I'm part of a great group of folks (Prescott Disc Golf Club) and there's a lot of 'have this disc - it might work for you'.

This wouldn't happen in ball golf...that's for sure.

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-09-2020, 01:48 PM
etdefender19's Avatar
etdefender19 etdefender19 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 682
Niced 367 Times in 192 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFleming View Post
One day before league play, I found a disc and texted the number on it. Apparently, the owner lost it somewhere else and it made its way to where I was playing. I'm in Arizona, he's in Florida....he told me to keep it. So I added a Star Valkyrie to my bag. A few weeks later, I was practicing in the field before league play and one of the guys from my club suggested I try his Opto River. I liked it and threw it well...he told me to keep it. Later he mentioned to our group that he was looking for a Star Valkyrie (I hadn't played the one I got or told anyone about it)....so...that became his.

I'm part of a great group of folks (Prescott Disc Golf Club) and there's a lot of 'have this disc - it might work for you'.

This wouldn't happen in ball golf...that's for sure.
I got married in Prescott once.

*Too lazy to search for/copy&paste Joe Piscopo Johnny Dangerously meme*

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #20  
Old 03-09-2020, 03:06 PM
Flick Maniac's Avatar
Flick Maniac Flick Maniac is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Jokela, Southern Finland
Posts: 1,991
Niced 871 Times in 459 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silboh View Post
Nothing special but here is my story :
I am french. 18 months ago I went to Finland to visit a friend. We walked on a parc and I saw a strange basket. I asked him what was this thing. He told me about disc golf and it looked great. The last day I asked to try disc golf with him. I loved it.
6 months ago I started a disc golf club in my town where nobody ever heard of disc golf. In two weeks, I will have 18 baskets to create a 18 hole courses, 2km from my house.
Next summer, I will go back to Finland, to assist to the European Open with my friend !
Cool story bro

Did the city just say "sounds fun, a sport nobody ever heard of, here's money"? Or where did the baskets/land/labor come from?

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PIAS freebie card captain jack General Disc Golf Chat 14 05-05-2012 12:42 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.