Old 03-06-2020, 01:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 871 Times in 459 Posts

I have a whopper of a story...

--but its going to cost you. I dont believe in freebie stories.
Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2020, 01:44 PM
Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 170
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,556 Times in 1,185 Posts

I found a guy's Diamond once and called him. He told me to keep it since he lived several states away. I had no use for a Diamond so I gave it to a 60+ yo guy I disc golf with out of pity sometimes. He loved it and thanks me for giving it to him all the time. But I can't stand that guy anymore though and refuse to play with him now.
Old 03-06-2020, 02:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 857 Times in 667 Posts

I was wading in the lake at one of the local courses. A guy was playing and told me he had just lost a star Destroyer, and showed me where to look. I found it and gave it back. Later, I found another disc of his on a different hole. For my efforts he gave me a champion glow Shryke.

I personally have given away tons of discs I don't throw anymore. If someone can use them and actually wants them, I have no problem giving some discs away.
Old 03-06-2020, 02:35 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 274 Times in 135 Posts

My favorite freebie story was between round during a weekday tournament. I watch the Chuckster reach into a box and walk over to a mother on a playground with her 4 year old son and handed them a new putter.

It made me smile.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-06-2020, 02:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 145
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,118 Times in 475 Posts

I got a freebie F2 disc with my recent order from the Innova Factory Store. It turned out to be a clear blue champ 175g Daedalus, so ultimately it was a freebie for my friend who likes those silly things.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 334
Niced 420 Times in 205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
I found a guy's Diamond once and called him. He told me to keep it since he lived several states away. I had no use for a Diamond so I gave it to a 60+ yo guy I disc golf with out of pity sometimes. He loved it and thanks me for giving it to him all the time. But I can't stand that guy anymore though and refuse to play with him now.

you found out he was Keegan's dad?

Niced: (2)
Old 03-09-2020, 12:58 PM

Niced 26 Times in 6 Posts

Nothing special but here is my story :
I am french. 18 months ago I went to Finland to visit a friend. We walked on a parc and I saw a strange basket. I asked him what was this thing. He told me about disc golf and it looked great. The last day I asked to try disc golf with him. I loved it.
6 months ago I started a disc golf club in my town where nobody ever heard of disc golf. In two weeks, I will have 18 baskets to create a 18 hole courses, 2km from my house.
Next summer, I will go back to Finland, to assist to the European Open with my friend !

Old 03-09-2020, 01:07 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 51 Times in 36 Posts

One day before league play, I found a disc and texted the number on it. Apparently, the owner lost it somewhere else and it made its way to where I was playing. I'm in Arizona, he's in Florida....he told me to keep it. So I added a Star Valkyrie to my bag. A few weeks later, I was practicing in the field before league play and one of the guys from my club suggested I try his Opto River. I liked it and threw it well...he told me to keep it. Later he mentioned to our group that he was looking for a Star Valkyrie (I hadn't played the one I got or told anyone about it)....so...that became his.

I'm part of a great group of folks (Prescott Disc Golf Club) and there's a lot of 'have this disc - it might work for you'.

This wouldn't happen in ball golf...that's for sure.

Old 03-09-2020, 01:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 30
Niced 367 Times in 192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFleming View Post
One day before league play, I found a disc and texted the number on it. Apparently, the owner lost it somewhere else and it made its way to where I was playing. I'm in Arizona, he's in Florida....he told me to keep it. So I added a Star Valkyrie to my bag. A few weeks later, I was practicing in the field before league play and one of the guys from my club suggested I try his Opto River. I liked it and threw it well...he told me to keep it. Later he mentioned to our group that he was looking for a Star Valkyrie (I hadn't played the one I got or told anyone about it)....so...that became his.

I'm part of a great group of folks (Prescott Disc Golf Club) and there's a lot of 'have this disc - it might work for you'.

This wouldn't happen in ball golf...that's for sure.
I got married in Prescott once.

*Too lazy to search for/copy&paste Joe Piscopo Johnny Dangerously meme*

Old 03-09-2020, 03:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 871 Times in 459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silboh View Post
Nothing special but here is my story :
I am french. 18 months ago I went to Finland to visit a friend. We walked on a parc and I saw a strange basket. I asked him what was this thing. He told me about disc golf and it looked great. The last day I asked to try disc golf with him. I loved it.
6 months ago I started a disc golf club in my town where nobody ever heard of disc golf. In two weeks, I will have 18 baskets to create a 18 hole courses, 2km from my house.
Next summer, I will go back to Finland, to assist to the European Open with my friend !
Cool story bro

Did the city just say "sounds fun, a sport nobody ever heard of, here's money"? Or where did the baskets/land/labor come from?