Old 03-12-2020, 03:32 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 871 Times in 459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFlickLuke View Post
Hah! I specifically only watch cards utilizing time machines that feature Prime Key, prime Doss, Innova Paul, and either prime Barry or Harp Ricky.
Yeah dude. Tickless Rick all day and you got yourself a ballgame. Well, a disc game to be exact.

Not elitist but just dont enjoy watching subpar throws when it not myself or my buddies throwing. A lot of the time I dont watch them either. Makes looking for the discs a PITA
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 03-12-2020, 03:59 AM

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 45 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dewgarita View Post
So, the question is then, will he have coverage on Friday?
Given DGN's attempted format of "covering the story" and not shot-by-shot coverage, it's not unreasonable to think they might check in on him during the round regardless of placement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
What so many are missing is that Brodie knows how to build a narrative beyond what anyone else has ever done in disc golf.

Yes, he has earned feature card exposure regardless how he plays in the tourney.
I found Brodie's channel through disc golf, not the other way around, but following the story of an accomplished athlete entering the sport has been fun. I paid for a month of DGN simply to tune in tonight. I'm probably not alone in that. So I'd say he's right where he belongs.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-12-2020, 05:19 AM

Niced 26 Times in 6 Posts

I didn't like Brodie at first but more I see his videos, more I like him. All the doubts I had about the Brodie thing vanished.
He seems very realistic about his level and many people start playing disc golf because of his videos.
I wish him only the best and I hope he will play well today. He won't play great of course, but good would be already a nice thing.
I'm glad he is on the lead card. He doesn't deserve it for his level but I think he deserves it for all the good he does to disc golf.

Old 03-12-2020, 06:41 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 836 Times in 365 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
The good thing is if Brodie comes out and looks really good then all of the haters might shut up.

The other good thing is if Brodie comes out and totally lays an egg then all of the fanboys might shut up.

More likely is he will be inconsistent and nobody will ever shut up.

Old 03-12-2020, 06:49 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 836 Times in 365 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Maniac View Post
Yeah dude. Tickless Rick all day and you got yourself a ballgame. Well, a disc game to be exact.

Not elitist but just dont enjoy watching subpar throws when it not myself or my buddies throwing. A lot of the time I dont watch them either. Makes looking for the discs a PITA

The thought of you averting your eyes in a casual setting to spare yourself the anguish of another subpar throw- but not being an elitist- is going to get me through this day with a smile.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:08 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 871 Times in 459 Posts

You talk like you know me Its a joke dude.

Old 03-12-2020, 08:33 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 107 Times in 56 Posts

Imagine how much dgcr run it would get if brodie, weema, and joe bishop all showed up to the same tourney.

Old 03-12-2020, 08:58 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,301 Times in 835 Posts

His skills are coming together, but this game is harder than it seems. I wouldn’t be shocked if he throws up a 1000 rated round, but his rating probably won’t be there for some time.

Old 03-12-2020, 09:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,393 Times in 685 Posts

Bro-D Rubber blend Roaches coming soon. If these are like the Matt Bell Steadys, Roach throwers are in for a treat (not to mention not having to see the dumb artwork)

Old 03-12-2020, 09:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 213
Niced 392 Times in 240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBot View Post
Yep, after tomorrow he won't be on a featured/lead card for...some time. Maybe featured at the next big Discraft tourney. Maybe.

But he will likely have his rounds filmed Friday and Saturday, for his YouTube channel. I'd say it's not unlikely that he has some impressive throw-in or something that generates hype. "Brodie's Top 10 Throws of the Week" or whatever.

And in that case, more power to him. I'll watch it. But also, running hard for big throw-ins will cost him a lot of throws...especially at The bEast.
If Brodie is smart (and I think he is), he will lean on the sidearm in the woods as much as he can. Having a top sidearm you enter the sport is HUGE for course management on the 12 of the 18 holes.