Old 03-12-2020, 10:38 PM

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 7 Times in 6 Posts

Are we just used to jomez? BC the commentary was absolutely terrible. The quality of the video when it wasn't buffering was good.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2020, 10:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 2,060 Times in 490 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic5888 View Post
Are we just used to jomez? BC the commentary was absolutely terrible. The quality of the video when it wasn't buffering was good.
The buffering was most likely on your end. I have heard no one else complain about that.

There was some signal issues in the woods, and the booth had an audio problem at first, but no buffering.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 53
Niced 5,063 Times in 2,637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvphobic View Post
The buffering was most likely on your end. I have heard no one else complain about that.

There was some signal issues in the woods, and the booth had an audio problem at first, but no buffering.
I finally got a new laptop and actually got to watch live DG in HD...

...had a few bucks left over so I went ahead and sub'd so I could watch Brodie play. Had some minor signal problems on the first couple woody holes but not too bad.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:47 PM

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 20
Niced 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvphobic View Post

That's what I was taking about. I don't know what else to call it other than it looks like the signal was lost.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 53
Niced 5,063 Times in 2,637 Posts

Quote:
That's what I was taking about. I don't know what else to call it other than it looks like the signal was lost.
If you mean the picture quality going in and out, its because of the high tension power lines in that area of the course. Its been much worse in previous years.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:57 AM

Courses Played: 3
Niced 5 Times in 3 Posts

On the Disc Golf Pro Tour Youtube side they turned off the Commentarys. Nearly all Negativ because off the paywall!
Hope the paywall thing doesnt work!
Old 03-13-2020, 05:44 AM

Courses Played: 2
Niced 12 Times in 3 Posts

I thought about them propably posting the live recording on youtube the next day. In my case it's not worth paying for the live broadcast anyway, as I could never watch it due to the time difference. But if they would post the live recording next day on youtube, we could watch at least the live card which is not covered by any of the other companies. Never heard someone mentioning that, just wondering, thought that could be good for both sides. For the DGPT to make money and all the people who really want to watch the live broadcast there is DGN and all the others who want to watch the feature card but either don't want to watch the live broadcast or, for whatever reason, don't want to pay for it, there would be the possibility to watch the recording the next day for free, just like the other filmed cards.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:23 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 871 Times in 459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gismo834 View Post
On the Disc Golf Pro Tour Youtube side they turned off the Commentarys. Nearly all Negativ because off the paywall!
Hope the paywall thing doesnt work!
What? When? Was this on Youtube as well? Some pay-per-view part of Youtube?

I really really like the chat for what its worth. The stupid posts can be ignored easily, usually there some good info and a lot of good jokes etc. to kill the time. I hope they have the Youtube chat up on Saturday.

Late 2019 when they didnt have chat, I tried to substitute with the UDisc chat... poorly. Not enough action on there and you need another device, whereas the comments run on the screen in Youtube. (and can be hidden whenever)

Niced: (1)
Old 03-13-2020, 08:14 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 11 Times in 4 Posts

I had a few issues with the video going out and having to play an ad. It was really weird. Sound was still going but I lost the video to what looked like an add requiring me to hit play. A refresh fixed it but it was in the middle of the live round.

Old 03-13-2020, 08:30 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 107 Times in 56 Posts

Quote:
This is basically my exact thoughts every time.... the commentary is hard to sit through. I think the video quality for live is pretty good though when they are in good spots.

The commentary is weird. I can't put my finger on why it is bad, but it just makes me uncomfy.

Niced: (2)