Old 03-30-2020, 11:55 AM
Par Member

Niced 103 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chains Bailey View Post
How many World Titles has he won?
A couple in college, and a couple after college, if I recall.
Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2020, 12:30 PM
Par Member

Niced 79 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFlickLuke View Post
A couple in college, and a couple after college, if I recall.
Not Worlds. US Championships.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:16 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,300 Times in 643 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
I have no problem watching Mrs. Brodie play disc golf. None at all.
She was a cheerleader for the Cowboys, and is a current Instagram model. She literally does "look at me, I'm hot" for a living.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-30-2020, 01:17 PM
Par Member

Niced 103 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugular View Post
Not Worlds. US Championships.
From where I stand, there's no difference, commie.

Old 03-30-2020, 04:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 24
Niced 830 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
If you research his channel(s) metrics, contrary to popular belief he is by no means making a killing in youtube videos. He's a long ways away from his millions of views videos he used to get a few years ago. Now days you're probably getting $400-1800 for every million views. It takes a ton of views to make serious money on youtube, that's why PPV is growing for some content providers. Dude just got married, let him make as much money as can from his channel(s).
Dude has a contract with Discraft, he doesn't need donations to pay his bills.

Check out his video from today, he's outside his home (which looks to be worth $1-2 million if I had to guess).

Don't take my posts the wrong way. I'm cool with him making money and having expensive things. But he doesn't need donations from people and during this pandemic he could make a difference by donating that money.

I happen to think he's the kind of person that probably gives a lot to charity. I'm simply pointing out that it would be really cool of him to do so right now in a transparent way.
Old 03-30-2020, 04:33 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 195 Times in 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomerang View Post
Dude has a contract with Discraft, he doesn't need donations to pay his bills.
Hmm. I’d be impressed and surprised if his deal netted him much money.

Just speculation on my part as I have no idea how a disc golf contract is structured but I don’t think you really get much of a paycheck. Free discs, some apparel, maybe a payout from your sponsor if you place well in sanctioned events, etc.

I’m sure he gets some royalties from his signature discs and whatnot but I’d really be surprised if Brodie made enough money from disc golf to actually make a living.
Old 03-30-2020, 04:49 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 836 Times in 365 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post

It didn’t. His advantage is that he can dedicate *all* of his time to being good at [insert sport here] and clearly has done ok for himself before he decided DG made sense. As a content creator he is playing the game he plays to a T and IMO has proven it isn’t just about being sick at the sport. There is more than one way to be successful in the DG jobosphere if you’re creative and dedicated.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-30-2020, 05:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 104
Niced 388 Times in 180 Posts

Quote:

Just speculation on my part as I have no idea how a disc golf contract is structured but I don’t think you really get much of a paycheck. Free discs, some apparel, maybe a payout from your sponsor if you place well in sanctioned events, etc.

I’m sure he gets some royalties from his signature discs and whatnot but I’d really be surprised if Brodie made enough money from disc golf to actually make a living.
I'd be surprised if Brodie doesn't make over $50,000 from disc golf this year. I can see him easily making a lot more than that.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 24
Niced 830 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:

Brodie isn't just a professional disc golfer. His contract with Discraft is obviously geared more toward being a Brand Ambassador. Why do you think he's posting videos almost daily? It has nothing to do with disc golf, this is just the medium that he or Discraft have chosen.

He is very unlikely to ever achieve a world title or any significant wins. He's tens of thousands of hours of experience behind the best and he's not a young guy. He's got existing injuries that will affect him as well. Sure a portion of his compensation is going to be tied to signature discs and other similar "pro perks" but his sponsorship is less about how good he is at disc golf than any other sponsored "pro". Brodie is technically an amateur by the way.

If the contract with Paul McBeth has proved anything it's that sponsors have big dollars for people that can drive both new revenue and increased Brand Awareness. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Brodie's deal was as lucrative as Paul's.

Brodie is an extension of the move's they have made to have both Paul and Paige under their umbrella. Paul and Paige give them the marketing slogans of being the choice of the World Champions / best players. Brodie gives them the reach to non-disc golfers. His YouTube channel had more subscribers than all disc golf related channels combined. They essentially purchased an influencer, and a good one at that.

My point is: Brodie is making good money. Really good. Probably more than you think, and definitely enough to pay his bills without him needing donations during live streams. He's making the majority of his income through his sponsorship deal I can guarantee it. Youtube views and commission off signature discs are a bonus for sure. The dude has enough followers and passion to make money as a marketing figure for any company he chooses. He decided to do business with Discraft, partly because he loves throwing discs, but also because they are paying him top dollar to do so.

Old 03-30-2020, 07:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 30.1
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,346 Times in 751 Posts